It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm testing a device on myself, an alien in a dream

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I got the idea partly from science fiction, but it was also described to me in a dream I had, in which an ALIEN communicated with me how to do it. It's the typical "hook a machine to your brain" to learn, or at least, experience things faster.

What I've done so far is used the process of trepanation do create a small hole in my skull, into which I attached a wire, hooked to my ethernet port up to a specific area of my brain, on the top 1/3 of the skull.

I've written a program with C++ that delivers information through the wire in certain patterns and protocols based on some very meticulous algorithms that I wrote, which the ideas came from my dream.

So far, I've only performed one test. I attempted to download music data (sound), and i blacked out for what I believe was about 7 hours. When I woke up, I was in an odd state in which I could not remember hardly anything. It was a somewhat drug like experience, as if all the association with objects and ideas were robbed from me.

I started to slowly recover, and came to realize that I knew every single word to the song that I tried to incorporate into my memory. Not only this, but upon inspecting my computer, every capacitor on the motherboard was blown, and all data on the hard drive seems to be irrecoverably destroyed.

I believe that I am on the verge of something remarkable here, but it is a very, very... VERY primitive version of what this technology could be.

Unfortunately, after blacking out, and having the disassociation experience, I am NOT willing to test this out any further.

I also am not going to respond to this thread... and probably not even read it. There are a multitude of reasons why I will no longer pay attention to this thread, or to my project.

I am merely sharing my story to anyone who might be interested in this... technology.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by logician magician
What I've done so far is used the process of trepanation do create a small hole in my skull

Wait what?

How did you do that, is there a Black&Decker attachment for that?

I admire your "commitment" to science but are you sure that it's not the trepanation that made you black out?

Can we see a picture of your iskull?

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
um, wow logical. That's pretty extreme. I have read about a few people who channel or talk to aliens, and say that they have basically what we call the internet but it is a collection of thoughts feelings and knowledge that anyone is able to "tap" into with proper methods and frequencies.

Not saying that i believe it (to me it sounds too much like the matrix
) but i do find it an interesting concept. I would really like to hear more about how you did this and more details. It's a shame that you aren't going to respond. If you are willing to share more, but don't want to get flamed, please U2U me, i would love to hear more about this.

Cherry

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   

OMG, I hope you were kidding, and you really didnt drill a hole into your skull because of a dream you had about aliens. Thanks for the laugh. That is one of the funniest things I have ever read in my life. I almost peed myself.

A star and flag for your dedication to science or one of the funniest gags I have ever heard in my life.

[edit on 8-5-2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I think you accidentally gave yourself a full frontal lobotomy or need to perform one on yourself.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I really can't believe that ATS has never adopted the CHAN cry of "Pics or it didn't happen".

Show me pics of your gaping head wound.

Post your C++ code so that we can review it, and not fry our brains on subsequent attempts.

Profit.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
May I ask, what was your day like before your dream? Did you associate yourself with information regarding alien contact via the computer? Maybe you "wanted" to have contact with an alien life form?

This is speculation but.. Maybe this was a self induced dream? The "want" for alien contact and the way you aquire your information (via the computer). This could be the "downloading of information" in your dream.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Oh sure, you are going to post that you have (successfully) drilled a hole in your head, but you are probably not going to check this thread to see how much attention you are getting? Right!

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I just made you a friend. I cant wait to see what other stuff you cook up. The android Tyson/Jordan thread was another classic. Thanks for existing, well unless you have already bled to death from that hole in your head.

I know I am warped and all, but somehow this would all be even funnier if you actually did try this.

link   
reply to post by calmbutwary

It may be possible that he is in u2u, from the previous request. Although I do expect a response now that it has been called out, that he is not monitoring or replying to his thread.

link   
I'm calling ATTENTION SEEKING HOAX/TROLL on this one. I'm going to run this thread by the Moderators.

IRM

[edit on 8/5/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

OMG, that is a bad idea. If they call him out on this and he does produce a picture of him with a hole drilled in his head I might die of laughter.

link   

I agree, it is very hard to stay on topic, with the information given. Only questions can be asked based on it and if there is no response..... well This thread go no where.

link   
It sounds feasible to me...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6f4c705451f9.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
This is the same guy who likes to punk ATS in other ways, such as the "Flat Earth' thread that he started.

This has gone too far.....

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Oh cmon. Dont get the guy busted. I love threads like this. It is so much fun and he is just playing around. Have a sense of humor. Please. I beg you.

I am going to his profile right away to find the flat earth thread. I only hope it is as good as this one.

I just perused the flat earth thread. That is classic. This guy is a flipping genius.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Of course he's joking, no need to go running to the overlords.

Let's imagine the possibilities as he may be onto something

Not too sure about the C++, i'd prefer the LAMP stack to 'merge' with the collective data of the matrix.

That pesky cable may cause infection; any ideas how to interface a coaxial cable to your cerebral cortex?

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by PrisonerOfSociety

I would say ample use of neosporin as a lubricant for the connection of the cable to his cerebral cortex. Thanks for having a sense of humor. You gotta love this guy.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Overall I would say this experiment was a success. You stated that you indeed did know the lyrics to the song when you woke up.

On the other hand it did take you 7 hours to learn them. Slow learner? If a quicker learner tried it perhaps they would only be unconscious for 3 hours (for example) ?

Did you have to upgrade the firmware ('flash') in your receiver unit ('brain') in order for your brain to understand binary? As in how did your brain know how to convert the binary data from your ethernet port into the lyrics of the song which you knew when you woke up?

As for the capacitors blowing.... I bet you weren't even earthed were you?? Silly amateur mistake. The potential voltage difference between you and your computers reference (0V, ground) was enough to have a (relatively) large current flow from you to your computer for a short time until your potential voltage equalled that of the computers reference voltage. Thereby blowing all of your capacitors. Silly boy.

I have more questions and advice but I will keep it short for now.

Regards.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join