It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A little rant and a good idea to help struggling business's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I work 45 hours a week and nearly all my wages go on food, house, car, fuel etc… Now I know many people that have been on the dowl for many years they are able to work but decide not to. They have money each week for food and bills. They have there rent paid for, prescriptions paid for etc etc.. I often think to my self who’s the mug me or them?

If I was on the dowl I would not need a car, not need fuel, not need to pay rent, not need to pay for prescriptions ETC ETC…

I personally feel that dowl dossers should be made to do work 4 hours a day. Maybe cleaning the streets? Or even start a campaign to help struggling businesses with cheap labour for exchange for the dowl money the person receives. (helps hard up business’s and makes the system fairer for us tax payers)
It seems to me that if I was a woman with a child I would be looked after by the system and if i have 3 or more children damn i wouldnt be doing to bad (3 bedded house etc..), but as I am a bloke, damn it’s a struggle to get by each month, and I am not on a bad salary.

Any other hard working grafters here that feel that the system needs a face lift!

[edit on 7-5-2009 by theflashor]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Every year when I pay my taxes, I joke with my friend that I paid for a couple of people to live without working for the year. Perhaps a welfare mom and a couple of her kids, or a couple lazy bums who live in a public housing complex and spend my tax dollars on marihuana and munchies while playing XBOX and twittering.

I came up with an idea a couple of years ago. In exchange for my taxes, the government should give me one welfare recipient to work in my office in exchange for the taxes I pay. The welfare recipient would get to feel good about themselves as they are working and I would get some bang for my buck. The welfare recipient would learn a new skill working for me, and I would be able to be more productive by letting someone do my busy work while I get to focus on what makes me money.

Everyone wins. Now that’s change I believe in.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
my thoughts exactly, i am not the only one to of thought of this then? why has it not been implimented yet, we must remember that many of the govermental figures also are dowl dossers to a certain extent.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
good idea

second line

tryin to get twenty posts so I can show you guys something I found on google.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by KommonKnowledge
good idea

second line

tryin to get twenty posts so I can show you guys something I found on google.
???? why do you need 20 posts for that?

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I think you're thinking within the propaganda model of "free enterprise" and a classlessly-empowered economy. That model is a false reality, an illusion.

In truth, the economic climate in which citizen of all 'first-world' countries exist is a maintained environment. Prosperity is balanced between a necessary enabling of 'freedom' to create and invent, in ways that only support the entrenched power structure, and an exploitive 'leeching' of the result of that productivity, via hierarchical ownership, political grounds-setting, and a virtualized and manipulable economic framework.

The 'common citizens' are kept in a fine boundary, between destitution and excess prosperity that might lead to idleness. The true currency of the economy is desperation - the force that makes the 'human resources' play the appropriate game.

To see fundamental division between those 'on the dole' and those 'supporting taxpayers' is exactly the dichotomy that keeps the viewpoint of the exploited focused within, on divisions between each other, rather than opening eyes to larger truths.

top topics

join