It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Rambo' gunman 'ready to die' in New Zealand, Napier siege

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Fuggle

Please let us arm our police.

I think we have to.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
UPDATE

Police have retrieved the body of slain police officer Senior Constable Len Snee and there are reports that gunman Jan Molenaar has killed himself.

Armed police entered the Molenaar's property at Chaucer Rd on Napier hill just after 5pm.

TV3 is now reporting that he may have died from a self-inflicted wound. There is no confirmation at this stage.

Mr Snee's body was recovered from the driveway of the property, where he had lain for about 32 hours.

Eastern District Commander Superintendent Sam Hoyle said it was a relief to be able to bring Mr Snee's body away from the scene.

"We are pleased for the family that we are able to bring him out - it has been a traumatic and immensely difficult time for them," Mr Hoyle said.

Asked by TVNZ if Molenaar was dead, Mr Hoyle would not comment but said: "Jan is still at the address, we can't confirm his status right now."

www.nzherald.co.nz...

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by yizzel

Originally posted by milesp
And the nightmare that is the global drug war rides on.

Legalize it.

Maybe this guy has a touch of reefer madness. Deffo not good for the "Legalize it" movement.

I know next to nothing about the situation except that police entered, or at least tried to enter a man's home because he was either cultivating, selling, or simply possessing cannabis.

My assumption is that he was probably mentally unstable to being with and was selling marijuana to support himself. He saw the cops coming to take away his livelihood and snapped, but that's purely wild speculation on my part.

[edit on 8-5-2009 by milesp]

[edit on 8-5-2009 by milesp]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by milesp

A drug that can induce psychosis and or schizophrenia is far from harmless. Get a grip.

*edit* Having posted this I see that you edited your post to remove the term harmless. It seems you have got a grip after all.

[edit on 8-5-2009 by RE2505]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
they have just announced on the NZ news that this guy has supposedly comitted suicide.

this whole shannanigans is total rubbish. its a typical "alex jones" style government plan to highlight the gun laws. wait and see. there will be a shake up in gun laws now.

do not tell me for one second that the SAS could not have taken this guy out as soon as an officer was killed.

ok, flash grenades, tear gas, APC, snipers. holy craP. the whole situation is a total joke and the public fall for it and all watch the news gasping with terror at this joker making the news.

ban guns, more law, stricter controls!!!! ha. man this stuff annoys me.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fuggle
reply to post by spellbound

I've got a couple of friends who are police and I used to work for the police; I like police (at least in this country...never been to, say, Argentina).

That said, I don't know that I want them to holster sidearms as a regular practice. I _don't_ want the damned gangs upping their antes. At least not until the courts are ready to properly deal with them and other dangerous criminals.

As for this guy that the thread's about...well, crap. I find the situation depressing and saddening.

American police have sidearms and all the squad cars that I've been in
at least here in the state capitol of Wisconsin are fitted with assault rifles, most likely for exactly this kind of situation.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Great, he needed to die and he has done so apparently.

People who hate themselves and therefore hate others should not dwell on this earth.

But I am angry that that brave policeman died because our country doesn't arm cops. I am going to lobby to arm them.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread461519/pg2#pid6253920]post by grantbeed[

Hi Grant, what do you mean?

About gun laws etc.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by RE2505
reply to post by milesp

A drug that can induce psychosis and or schizophrenia is far from harmless. Get a grip.

*edit* Having posted this I see that you edited your post to remove the term harmless. It seems you have got a grip after all.

[edit on 8-5-2009 by RE2505]

Thanks, but I just didn't want to ignite that debate right here and now.

I hope my point about the drug war in general is not lost though.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Don't forget the two critically ill officers, the neighbour who also got shot and a police dog is also dead.

Very, very sad.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by milesp

Drugs will be around as long as humans are around.

I think that some drugs are not too bad.

Drugs like P are evil, obviously.

But marijuana is a painkiller, apparently, and really helps some people.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
For the gung ho people who said the police should just storm his house it was reported he had it rigged with explosives.So of course they are not going to risk anymore lives.Also officers had tried to retrieve the body earlier but were fired upon so had to pull back.

I hope this situation is resolved soon as a close friend of mine has been called upon to help and i know his family will not be able to sleep until this is over.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
they have just announced on the NZ news that this guy has supposedly comitted suicide.

this whole shannanigans is total rubbish. its a typical "alex jones" style government plan to highlight the gun laws. wait and see. there will be a shake up in gun laws now.

do not tell me for one second that the SAS could not have taken this guy out as soon as an officer was killed.

ok, flash grenades, tear gas, APC, snipers. holy craP. the whole situation is a total joke and the public fall for it and all watch the news gasping with terror at this joker making the news.

i may be wrong but i do not believe new zealand have an sas, they could have sent armed soldiers in though.

guns and drugs go together and it is often that you will read that an officer making a routine enquiry is shot and killed by someone related to drugs.

this was more than a routine enquiry, and the squad that made the bust should have been armed, but would it have stopped one officer from dying and two more from being critically injured?

this man seems like he was not going down with a fight, he was a trained soldier and they don't lie down

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Yes, and that person was incredibly brave. The police dog died in the line of duty and I am so sorry (I am desperately sorry about animals, who can't choose their life).

I am very angry right now about our police not being armed.

I am going to be a real pain to our prime minister .

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ausconspiracies_

We do have SAS actually. So we have to ask why didn't they take him out?

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed

What the hell are you on about?When was the last time you even remember our government trying to change our gun laws?Yea the SAS could of gone in there and shot the crap out of everything and risked more lives but what for?They had the threat neutralized now it was just a waiting game.

So you think the government set up a tinny house with an ex territorial running it so they could later get one cop killed two more injured plus a civilian and a police dog.Just so they could change our already strict gunlaws?

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Yea we do
en.wikipedia.org...

And they're bloody good too.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   

www.army.mil.nz...

NZ SAS?? actually, the NZ SAS are of the highest order on the globe. Hillary clinton was begging the NZ Prime minister only a couple of wks ago to send them back to afghanistan.

i have worked with people who trained with the US Navy Seals and the NZ SAS and the Seals held them in highest regards.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

I know that we have the highest SAS - so I wonder why they didn't take him out before he killed that policeman?

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   

That policeman was one of the first on the scene.He was part of the drug bust.AOS and SAS didnt arive until later

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join