It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible misidentified alien video...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08

I'm 99% sure its a fake, but I would love to watch a movie, with those kind of effects. Kinda like Signs, but instead of aliens, creepy aliens like that in a video.

I enjoyed that for a fake one. Not disappointed, enjoyed it.

I agree. The setup is so contrived. He just happens to be filming as they stroll along? Poor acting. But nice effects.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I say fake. The girl is a terrible actor, like someone else said, reading from a script. If I saw the Predator walking around, I would be screaming and running away, not saying "oh no" in a monotone voice. Also, the sound quality seems too good for a simple camcorder.

On that matter, what are these two people doing wandering around in the woods filming? If you're gonna make a video like this, at least be videotaping something of substance first. Because otherwise you get this, "Oh I guess I'll just wander around the woods with my camera. Oh, what luck! A monster of some sort! Glad I am filming this for no reason in particular..."

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
If your walking along with a video camera filming as you go, are you supposed to be acting? hence bad acting, most people act that way when doing every day things, so bad acting cant be used, Blair Witch, if it is in 1997, then Blair Witch had not been made, However memory being right, wasn't Blair Witch based on a video camera that was found with something similar on it?

The quality camera, depends on if you can afford it or not, but high range video equipment was certainly around for those with the funds, I think its fake also, but you never know, judging it because of the above is not advisable, because it is totally possible.

People are again confusing how they would do it, rather than did that really happen, and that is the question that needs to be asked.

Did anyone go missing in that area in 1997? did a Forest ranger really find a video camera with weird footage on it, who posted the video on youtube? have any Human remains been found anywhere near that location (if location is available) not believing something is true because you wouldn't react that way, or couldn't afford the equipment is not denying ignorance.

Probably is a fake, but have all rocks been over turned?

Thank you for posting the video, it did send a chill down my spine.

You know a lot of my posts come across as arrogant, they are not intended to be that way, I just think my sense of humour would be even worse.

[edit on 8/5/2009 by azzllin]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
THIS WAS AWESOME!! great fake video! I loved it. If this were real than our depiction of the greys being friendly would be out in left field lol. I personally wish the person who did this would come forward and make a movie. Blair Alien! lol awesome!

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Dwest

agreed. If this is a fake it is well done and the person should be working on feature films because the effects are brilliant. I just can't see an amateur pulling off this sort of thing, but I don't know enough about cameras and effects to say its real or fake. but damn, its scary!

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I found this on the youtube submitters page

I was arrested at a friend's house after stealing the video tape from an archive box (yes, from the police station). Don't ask for specifics on this, I really can't say much else. the tape hadn't been fully processed (according to my lawyer) which made it stolen property. I made 2 copies of it and kept both for myself. The one you see here, and another containing darker images, and more screaming. Thought it was pointless to add the other clip. Needless to say, I posted it here only after it was released to the same guy who showed it to me in the first place; A boradcast dude. T.M.

He lies! It is fake.
He has a link to his production company on his profile.

www.stingyjackmovie.com...

read the about us... and it sets up the clip well.

ok, take that back then again... he might be telling the truth here is a snip from an article about the movie.

Taking a marketing page from BLAIR WITCH PROJECT, Langseth claims that STINGY JACK is based on reality. Well, sort of. “STINGY JACK, the movie, is based on a videocassette that I actually ‘stole’ from an archive box,” he says. “I ended up in jail for a few days and got a hefty fine, but I still had a chance to make a copy of the tape. Apparently, it was found in the woods in 1997. My movie is based on whatever the hell is in this clip. I'm probably going to hell for this bit, but I’m not supposed to have it. Still, there is a piece of it on MySpace and YouTube. It’s got a lot of people talking, and even a couple of so-called paranormal research teams hounding me for the rest of the clip and the documents that go with it. Seemingly, they want to investigate this ‘shadow person.’ ”

So now I guess the task comes to verifying that this was indeed stolen which should be easy enough to track down. Todd Langseth is the writer/director who claims he spent time in jail for stealing the tape.
now where the heck is emerson?

Where is Internos when you need him??????????

[edit on 8-5-2009 by NephraTari]

[edit on 8-5-2009 by NephraTari]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
This might help. Its an interview with the director of the movie. He is asked is there any reason why his new film is set in 1997.

This is my first post here and dont know how to post a link to the interwiew but here is the page address:

www.joblo.com...

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by eyeswide

Hrrmmm....
Hasn't been said yet, soooo....
This looks to be a viral promotion of the "Stinky Jack" movie that is mentioned in the above link. Years are the same, description is the same. Pretty good run down, and that now seals the deal for me.

Nice first post and way to dig BTW!

I'm sure you'll fit right in here.... (that is my~ our warm welcome to you)

-TEL

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Entertaining regardless! Creepy creature indeed, I wouldn't mind seeing that in a horror film.

But it is clearly a faked video. Why would somebody be walking through the woods just filming as they walked? Though I suppose there are a lot of reasons why, one of them being, "because he felt like it." Which is perfectly valid.
The whole thing feels un-real, especially since I'm pretty sure the figure at the end was just a guy hunched down with his arms out, in a 'Wolverine' kind of pose, then they went back and did the digital editing later. Probably a student project, but like I said it's very cool regardless.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Ya I talked to Internos he suggested it was a viral as well. I still might dig deeper and see if there is a arrest report that can be found on the director in regards to his claims. Would like to verify one way or the other with some certainty.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

"Leave no stone unturned"
Or better yet turn them all over... sounds good to me.

You are right on that whole technology thing, certainly the the tech was there... but based on my experience with such things I had to chime in. As I did point out though, for the average consumer most of these things are probably waaaay outside the realm of "hey let's toss the camera in the backpack and go for a three day hike to film some woods."
Anyway, you aren't offending me by saying it... I dig.

OP/ATS'ERS
So, working outwards I suppose the next thing to do would be to find out where in the heck this "county" is and go from there. IF he is basing this on an actual tape that he acquired (in said means) there must surely be a way to get the jist for the sake of curiousity.

[edit]
OP:
On your post above, that is what I'm talking 'bout! Right on.
Keep us in the know...
[edit]

Carry on,
-TEL

[edit on 09/5/9 by telemetry]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Obviously fake.

The picture has been darkened, for whatever reason. Also, towards the end you notice some scratches in the film, which have been digitally added. You can tell because it was shot with a digital camera.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Very strange. What's with the camera rolling at the very end? I don't know, but the things seem to move like something on a video game. Who knows? Thanks for sharing.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Wait a minute. Why does this remind me of Dan Tanna's last thread before he was banned?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Cool video,

I didn't find the girl speaking to be to "scripted". Actually was very few words to begin with on both parties.

One thing I found odd was when they are running away. Looks like the girl is ahead of the guy due to the shots of her feet/legs running ahead of him.
If you were filming you would normally hold the camera in your palm with the lens up near your face and you start to run, you would drop your hand down so the camera should be pointing now straight down or behind you. It seems odd that the filming is capturing the girl in front of him.

Maybe its just me......

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join