It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has H1N1 Flu Mutated To A Less Dangerous Form?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I thought I would post this now as if I do have the h1N1 I might not feel like posting later. Long story short, I live and work in one of the first areas in Texas to have confirmed cases of swine flu. So last Monday, I awoke with a sore throat. It got rapidly worse throughout the day, and although I was combating it with heavily salted water gargle, it stayed sore until Wednesday, upon which the noticeable pain had gone, and I now felt the tickling of an infection that had moved down further into my chest.

Today things started to get worse, I now have aches in my joints, and a slight fever, along with a runny nose, and a pretty bad hacking cough. It is not so much full of phlegm just yet, but I'm guessing it will be shortly.

So, I have decided to post this to see if anyone else m,ight be getting these same symptoms. I had the flu about 12-15 years ago, and I believe it was the Sydney variant back then. That one nearly killed me, and symptoms wewre much, much, worse. I seem to recall that flu's symptoms came on much quicker.

So, anyone else in the Central Texas Area having the same symptoms? And if this turns out to be H1N1, could it have mutated into a less virulent form?

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I think that those of us with clean water, sanitary conditions, etc... are not really bothered by this strain.

It is also very possible that it has mutated.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Well with how quickly viruses can reproduce and in the quantity they produce, there could many strains. It is indeed very possible that it has mutated to less dangerous strain, or maybe you just have a strong immune system

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

I'm asking myself the same thing- and yet- this article link proves that the 1918 "Spanish Flu" that originated in Kansas, has been sequenced and studied in a BSL4 lab in Canada. Recently. Virulence factors have been compared and I am t'd-off- what is going on? We sequence one of the worst flu outbreaks (and the viral genome of it) in history- then shortly afterwards, it turns up? Where the hell is WHO? CDC? Lab safety (or sanity)?
www.cbc.ca...

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   
The flu is just the same as every other flu.

For some reason, the rulers of this world (who may be the NWO, or who may be Satan, which I think is the same as the NWO) have tried to panic people.

My view is that Satan rules this world, and that Jesus will come to overrule him.

But even if you disagree with my view, I think that this is just an ordinary flu.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
According to this article, the new outbreak is--- and isn't--- closely related to the 1918 pandemic. In '18 the virulence genes appeared to be stronger than the current strain, with the majority of mortality coming from post-viral bacterial pneumonia. Apparently the morality rate of the current outbreak doesn't meet the same numbers as the '18 event (according to the authors), but they also stated that this H1N1 is as novel, and with the human and avian components, the prevalence of H5N1 internationally, and the rapidity of world travel, some expect a more severe, less straightforward outbreak.

This site has a lot ofinteresting perspectives and articles on the flu- take them all cum grano-
www.cbc.ca...

According to new research by Laurie Garrett, Patient Zero was a child in Wisconsin in 2005, who got H1N1 from his pig farm, it circulated, mutated and made him ill. Sequencing shows it's the same strain in Mexico and the US and Canada now, but with RNA stowaways (Newsweek, 18 May 2009). Seems to me that the Us and Canada gave the infection to Mexico, and not the other way around.

Here's hoping the virus does not pick up any more virulence genes, and keeps a lower death rate than we fear. But we'll only know when TRUE numbers are reported, of those who are infected, and those who die or recover. Only then will we know whether or not the strain is weakening or strengthening.

[edit on 12-5-2009 by CultureD]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

TH3ON3-

I've discussed this with others on many threads- and there's a new thread where we can share our illnesses, experiences, etc. I've read accounts of "mild" flu and of quite sever flu. It seems to be scattered relatively evenly throughout the US. We can talk more on the new thread. In the meantime I wish you all the best health and a speedy recovery.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Looks as if the Mexican strain is spreading quickly- according to a British researcher at least 23K have been infected- and it is believed that despite claims that the Mexico cases are abating, that this is, indeed, a Pandemic strain:

According to Reuters this evening:

www.reuters.com...

An excerpt from the article claims that:
"MULTIPLE GENERATIONS

Looking at the pattern in La Gloria, the researchers said it looked as if the virus was transmitted human to human over 14 to 73 generations -- meaning one person infected another, who infected another, up to 73 times.

"Transmissibility is therefore substantially higher than seasonal flu," they wrote."

So- the strain seems NOT to loose transmissibility over generations, as was hoped by CDC and WHO.

This article was also published in the hournal Science, to which I don't have a subscription, as I'm no longer a lab employee. Anyone with more info- please share.

Peace.

top topics

join