It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Iran could have enough material for nuke in months

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

A U.S. Senate report released Thursday says some experts predict Iran could have enough material for a nuclear bomb in six months.

source

This doesn't bode well. With all of the current fighting in the region, the damage a loose nuke could cause is staggering. Even if they don't have the ICBM's to launch it, a nuclear weapon is still a very dangerous thing in the hands of militants.

If Israel gets wind of this (and i'm sure they already have) they will most likely start bombing Iran.

Looks lit there's going to fighting in the middle east for quite a while.

TA

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Good for Iran. I hope they hurry up and get it made. The only country who really seems to have a problem with it is Israel. They are afraid they will no longer be the only country with nukes in the region. The only thing I see coming from Iran getting nukes is that Israel will actually have to improve diplomatic realtions with their neighbors. No more one sided negotiations.

What we really need to worry about is Pakistan. If the Taliban gets hold of some nukes, they will pop one off long before Iran.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
And now there is a reason to bomb Iran.

It doesn't matter if it is true or not, the seed has been put into the mind.
It makes no difference that Israel attacks other countries nuclear plants because they are saving the world from extremists.

Any people with the history of Israel could never do anything bad.

For people who still believe this, remember that abused children grow up to be abusers themselves.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I can't see how a nuclear Iran bodes well for the rest of the world. Call me an extremist if you want, but the government there doesn't seem like they will just shore up their defenses by having nukes. I think it's a big mistake for the world if they acquire them. Personally, I belive they already do have nuclear capabilities, they simply lack the propulsion to deliver it to all us infidels.

Go ahead, I can take it. I have tougher skin than you can imagine.

Selah.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
The trouble with this types of reports is that we are only seeing one perspective . For every report such as this , there are equal reports that state that Iran is still years away from producing weapon grade Nuclear material .

The war drums are beating , and have been beating for some time now , to trump up public and world approval supporting an attack .

We are often given any number of reasons to attack Iran and before we except these reasons we really need to look at both sides of the issue and do some independent researching of the issue , to our own satisfaction , before excepting any one point of view based on a one sided report .

Lets not forget a nuclear Iran doesn't mean they could produce a weapon . Just because one can make power as a result of Nuclear energy doesn't mean they can make a weapon from it

Edit to add , this by no means is a snip at the OP its only my opinion of such reports as presented .

[edit on 7-5-2009 by Max_TO]

[edit on 7-5-2009 by Max_TO]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
How many times have they been "months away" from having the material for a nuke now? This is just ridiculous. Next we will get to hear from the IAEA that they are years away from making one, then we will hear rumors that they already have one, then we will hear that they don't have one and aren't trying to build one.......................

and on and on and on.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

there will always be a reason to attack.

It doesn't matter if it is true or not, the pieces are being moved on the board and the game players are slowly sacrificing their pawns in order to get the main players into the game.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

I tend to agree with you . I find it sad as the people that will suffer will be the general populations of the respective areas .

The other thing that troubles me is the fact that we don't even know half of the truth of any matter as it is filtered down to " us " yet we are all so quick to make up our minds based on that same info .

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
iran getting nukes is not a good thing never will be. honestly why are there so many people on ats say go iran get the nuke!!!! i dont get it.

once iran gets the nuke so will hamas and other radical extremists ie hezzbollah or al aqueda.
isreal could be attacked.- hamas getting all there arms from iran and hamas has no problems sending rockets down on the isrealis-so its not a huge leap with nukes.

you got the taliban and pakistan fighting for control of the state with nukes either way the world is doomed.

the world ends in 2012 my call it will be because of iran or taliban with nukes.

[edit on 8-5-2009 by neo67]

new topics

top topics

join