It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada - Time to get out of NATO?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
What about getting out of NATO?

Canadians ordered expelled still in Moscow: NATO
www.cbc.ca...

Russia says expulsion of diplomats not directed against Canada: Cannon

"The Russian ambassador came in and specifically said that for their part, it’s not a retaliation that is directed against Canada, nor against the Canadian diplomats," Cannon said. "It's a retaliation based on … the events that took place a couple of weeks ago with the members of the NATO alliance. So, it just happened that the two information officers are Canadian."

www.cbc.ca...

What would be the implications? Is it possible or not? I want you point of view please.

Maybe NATO is causing more trouble to Canada than good things? Canada is a real heaven of ressources, vast lands... Should canada get a little bit more of independancy to be sure to benefit from its ressources?

Is there any more question to ask?

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Since we are so big, with a relatively low population. We need to stay with NATO and the United States just for the fact that we need security.
[color=lightblue]--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Once water becomes the new Oil. Canada has a huge target on it, so we are going to need all the friends we can. But hopefully by then salt water -> fresh water machines will exist is large numbers and able to satisfy the thirsty countries. Wouldnt be hard, just need a huge boiler and some tubes to collect the evaporated water.'
[color=lightblue]--------------------------------------------------------------------------
but back on topic...we need out big brothers for protection. we are the stoner with jocks for friends, so if anything screws with us, they got others to worry about.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by epitaph.one

I am of the opinion that if Canada was ever attacked there would be any number of countries that would rush to there side , wether they were in N.A.T.O or not .

But having said that security is a greater issue then someone rushing to ones aid , assuming that they were ever attacked . There is the issue of patrolling ones boarders and having some type of government presence at all of there recognized boarders , this may be one thing that Canada just might need help with . As the melting of the Arctic continues we will see a lot of plays from other countries trying to lay claim to land that Canada has always assumed was theirs .

[edit on 7-5-2009 by Max_TO]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
the worst thing I hate these days is you can't tell the good guys from bad. I amuse their all bad guys especially the ones who promote war. I ponder that the entire Afghanistan thing is to condition Canadians and prepare the Canadian military for the next major war.

[edit on 7-5-2009 by OpusMarkII]

[edit on 7-5-2009 by OpusMarkII]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Listen....the guys are still in Russia......

The Chinese are going over to Russia to nix interests of US corp....and some workers from the Caspian Basin are back in Canada as the %^* goes down.

I have it first hand that the Chinese have locked up the basin with Russia...lets wait and see what goes down though as IMO things will change.

Pak and AFG will prove to be the lynch pin and Canada better wake upor we will be SOL/

---so in my humble op we should stay in NATO.

[edit on 7-5-2009 by whiteraven]

hint why is harper in afg and kaj going to be on CNN with Wolf?

By the way Wolf is out of the closet,,,is the prez,,,lol

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by whiteraven

hint why is harper in afg and kaj going to be on CNN with Wolf?

By the way Wolf is out of the closet,,,is the prez,,,lol

And while we hear about all that flu thing, there is a lot of action in afg.

And to answer you question... It is for a surprise visit to our good soldiers you fool, what else!!?!

I don't know, but now I feel that alliances are being mage throught the world and countries are deciding on what side they are. Just a feelin...

[edit on 7-5-2009 by 13Etznab]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   

It is for a surprise visit to our good soldiers you fool, what else!!?!

reply to post by 13Etznab

Fool??? how do you know who i am?

Well ...well...green are we...

No Pm makes a move without clutching a few birds with one stone,

Harper...i may despise but he is a very clever goose...just watch him waddle.

By the way ....Canada's best are no longer in Canada.

Rock on those who do duty for God and Queen.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Rock on those who do duty for God and Queen.

Specially when they do that with that nice oldy equipment from the second world war... Exagerating a bit here, but... wow... Did you hear the news Harped said? New helicopters! wow... I am so impressed... lol...

I was thinking about going out of NATO because I thought:

- we could be independant and responsible alone for our acts.
- we could tell the world we are neutral if NATO is going into war with Russia/China (not sure, but could)
- we could maybe revert the NAFTA and remake things a lot better but without all the loose of independance.

I know there is the security issue but I think other countries would like to protect us in exchange of ressources.

I am really brainstorming right now. In an historic point of view, there is no agreement that last forever (I think) so... maybe in a long future, getting out of NATO could be a possibility.

Right now, Canada has a good reputation... We must keep it that way I think. Problem is that Canada is made of american that were afraid to do independance and went North... That is why we always miss some balls in Canada...

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Icy winds threaten US-Russia thaw

Relations have gone awry for two reasons. First, Russia expelled two Canadian diplomats from Nato’s mission in Moscow this week. The expulsions were a tit-for-tat retaliation against Nato’s expulsion of two Russian envoys after a spying scandal in which Nato secrets were passed to Moscow.
There have also been heated words between the Kremlin and Nato this week as the alliance went ahead with a long-planned military exercise in Georgia, which Moscow deeply resented as another interference in its own sphere of influence.

www.ft.com...

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Calls into question what things like nato really are. The problem with the west and the world, is that hollywood has conditioned everyone to think that nato is this great collection of decent people trying to fend of the old soviet empire.

Boy does growing up show you and eveyrone who looks at these things that they are a real danger to everyone, and through mnd control, things like nato seem to be so needed for us to exist, when it doesn't need to be in existence at all.

The question should be

What is nato, and what are there goals today?

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
So we can enlarge the discussion here...

If your country is a NATO member (en.wikipedia.org...) then do you think it is still needed? What are the benefit in your opinion?

If you are from a non-member country, what do you have to say? What are they telling you about NATO where you live?

Do we really understand NATO?

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Just as a pointer, do not resist NATO, resistance is futile.

The USA will not Allow you you remove yourselves from NATO.

I feel bad for saying this, but it is the truth.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by wiredamerican
The USA will not Allow you you remove yourselves from NATO.

Yeah. But starting discussing it will for sure make them react and then... They will do whatever they can to put the idea that leaving NATO is ridiculous, that the ones discussing it are crazy, delirous or whatever...

I will not for sure restrain myself of submitting the idea. Let's see.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Incoherent Empire: The Case for Getting Out of NATO

NATO is coming up on its 60th anniversary, and it is completely bereft of a raison d’être. The organization has changed from a military alliance directed at protecting U.S. security to the international equivalent of a gentleman’s club. Only Washington has serious duties, to protect everyone else.

In 1999 NATO went to war against Serbia, which had neither attacked nor threatened to attack a member state. In practice it was an American operation. So too is Afghanistan. The British, Danes, and Canadians really fight, but most NATO contingents operate under bureaucratic rules of engagement, or “national caveats,” and often far from where they are needed. Resistance to Washington’s call for additional troops for Afghanistan demonstrates the limits of NATO’s supposed role. Even worse, countries like Albania and Estonia provide minuscule numbers of troops for one operation or another and expect aid money and security guarantees in return. The Economist magazine hilariously called such nations “valued allies in places such as Iraq and Afghanistan—small in numbers, but strong in symbolism.” The emphasis should be on the small, and often very small, “in numbers.” The U.S. bears the primary burden of combat operations, as “NATO” really stands for North America and The Others

Third, NATO expansion in any direction multiplies liabilities rather than assets. While the original alliance members spend as little as possible on the military, Britain and France, at least, nevertheless maintain competent and well-equipped militaries. None of the newer NATO members are able to defend themselves let alone make a meaningful combat commitment overseas. But all have a variety of internal weaknesses, border disputes, and international conflicts. Bringing countries like Albania, Georgia, and Macedonia into the alliance creates ever new risks with no corresponding advantages.

www.takimag.com...

Worth the read, much, much more at the link. I will keep posting information like that when i find them. As we all can see, NATO talks arn't really popular... lol

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Do not forget Canada is STILL a BRITISH COLONY and we will do whatever the British royals decide, like it or not.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Yep...

I always thought we were some kind of a backup land or a card in their pocket. Vast land, ressources... and population waiting for gov to tell what they have to do.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by 13Etznab
Yep...

I always thought we were some kind of a backup land or a card in their pocket. Vast land, ressources... and population waiting for gov to tell what they have to do.

Absolutely, The Governor General runs the show here not the Prime Minister...he is simply a representative of the people (well a few people) , the governor is a representative of the crown.

[edit on 12-5-2009 by Ellirium113]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Daily bit of info

news.yahoo.com...

Kremlin: Battles over energy may lead to wars

Medvedev's predecessor Vladimir Putin, who is now Russia's powerful prime minister, often accused the West in the past of trying to expand its clout in the ex-Soviet nations and push Russia out of its traditional sphere of influence. The Kremlin has fiercely opposed NATO's plans to incorporate its ex-Soviet neighbors, Ukraine and Georgia.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
NATO's politicians 'AWOL' over Afghan war: Commander

www.vancouversun.com...

"I think what happens is we put NATO at risk," he said in response to a question about the implications of weak NATO political leadership. "One, it will weaken. And then ultimately I think it's at risk to potentially a stronger regional organization, a rival — the EU, if you will."

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
NATO exercises provoke Russia

www.globalresearch.ca...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join