It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama putting NASA on hold

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
"WASHINGTON – The White House has ordered a complete outside review of NASA's manned space program, including plans to return astronauts to the moon.

Officials want a report from an independent panel by August. White House science adviser John Holdren said Thursday that the new panel will look at the design of new spacecraft to replace the space shuttle and go to the moon, as well as consider possible alternatives to the current design."

This goes right in line with the discloser due at the end of May , once that is out in the open all those fossil fuel rockets will be done. NASA will fall to the NWO and be replaced by hidden starhip fleet. Comments ?

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Grayelf2009

opps the link....
news.yahoo.com...

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Then what does Obama wanting them going back to the moon have anything to do with it? You would think that how our economy is right now, Obama wouldn't be suggesting this of NASA, because what he is proposing would cost a lot of money. So yes maybe he is planning for what comes along with disclosure...

[edit on 5/7/2009 by bl4ke360]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Interesting find, Grayelf.

One little quibble...."fossil fuel rockets"???

Liquid Hydrogen and liquid Oxygen. THAT is what makes rockets go. (OK, I know....the Shuttle uses a solid fuel in the boosters...but, the three Main Engines use the LOX/H mix). AFTER the launch, different chemicals are used to provide the hypergolic reaction to produce thrust. But, there are no loads of coal, or anything.

I'm just having a little fun at your expense.

In all seriousness, I thought Obama was more progressive than this. IF he is intent on stripping NASA, then I will be very disappointed.

However, the other hand....IF there is, as you suggest, a revealing of hidden technology, then by all means I will be cheering on!!

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Massive and painful austerity.

That will be the result of the Bush/Obama bailout fiasco and the continuing fraud and coverup of that fraud by the U.S. Congress.

Massive and painful austerity. When grandma is eating dog food, we will no longer be dreaming of space travel.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Well Bush canceled NASA's Breakthrough Propulsion Program in 2002, saying the 1.6 million dollar budget was too much.

Weedwhacker......Sorry about that u2u, I meant to send it to someone else, lol.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

So that obviously couldn't have been the reason he canceled it, that amount of money is practically nothing especially for NASA.
But if he canceled it because he knows we already have an advanced propulsion system, lets say from ufo reverse-engineering, then why wasn't the same thing done to SETI if they already know there are other intelligent life forms out there? SETI has to have cost more than $1.3 million.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by bl4ke360

I don't know. Do you want the conspiracy version or the non-conspiracy version?

Conspiracy version- If they closed SETI in combination with NASAs BPP it might raise to many questions, plus SETI is more widely known. By the way, I thought they did cut funding for SETI?

Non- Due to the economy the more fringe things in science are immediately cut.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Have fun at my expense anytime , thats one of the reasons I dwell here from time to time. On the fossil fuel thing, that was just a generalization. We here all know that they have electric/magnetic field/plasma-- "warp drive" or what ever you want to call it . It has just been a show for us while the guys on mars keep the lense and solor panels on the rovers clean... As for the moon part, didn't we get asked to leave there ? Anywho I think the timing is intresting .

new topics

top topics

join