It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Wants Spain to Ban BitTorrent Sites

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

most people never, ever make a red penny from playing music.

I meant in the context of a successful career with fame and lots of fans, you won't get that unless people are willing to pay for what you're offering.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
the us ie obama is over stepping his authority. he has no business.

p2p is so huge because of hollylame /musicians puts out so much trash not worth the $25 or $50 you pay for it.

hell they should be paying people to watch/listen most of that useless drivvle.

hollylame is all about money- quality hasnt been in their vocabulary for quite sometime.

i am on the side of the downloaders i always will be.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Here is a report on the 2009 Special 301 Report from ustr.gov. I'm still researching this and will post links as they are found. It appears that Spain isn't the only country under attack.

TA

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Here is the actual report (in pdf) if anyone else cares to go through it. I'm going to read it in its entirety when i get a chance. TorrentFreak is notoriously biased on these issues and i want an objective perspective.

TA

[edit on 8-5-2009 by TheAssociate]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

I meant in the context of a successful career with fame and lots of fans, you won't get that unless people are willing to pay for what you're offering.

Yup, people who's first motive isn't money usually don't have anything worth buying.

TA

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

I understand that it's tough to break into the music business, but there are shortcuts. I recommend TuneCore. They will help you sell your music on your terms and you get every red cent your music earns.

However, it's up to you to do the promotion. Make a MySpace/Facebook/whatever-you-can page for your band and upload a track for people to hear. Make a MakeTunes page and upload a few songs you think would help promote your music. Just get out and advertise shamelessly. Play every dirty biker bar that will allow you in. Do anything to get your music heard. Best of luck and thanks for the replies.

TA

[edit on 8-5-2009 by TheAssociate]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Message to the USA: Stay out of our business.

If we try and tell you what to do, you quite rightly tell us to get lost, and now on behalf of many Europeans, I say the same back to you.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Since when did America have the right to tell another government what to do??? Who does he think he is??? He leads this country not the world!

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
So the US Gov is telling the rest of the world what they should be doing again - so what's new?

So ATS artists and back-office dudes are whining about torrents hurting their livelihoods again - so what's new?

File sharing will only continue to get more efficient, effective, popular and of higher quality - get on board or complain and rot with the rest of them.

If your music has true value, there will always be a 'market' for it. Where there's a market, there's a way to make money - start learning a bit of money making common sense and you'll out-earn the future Britney's (who's days must be numbered by now).

Quality is timeless, focus on the quality and forget about the money. If you need to eat and buy a new lexus, and you're not 'bizness' minded, then find some young gun who knows his arse from his elbow in this fast paced economic landscape and offer them a decent piece of the pie they will make for you.

Good luck.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join