It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it POSSIBLE that this Swine Flu could be a present from Al Quaeda?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Hey - I'm not one to speculate like this. The idea just hit me and I thought that I should share it...
I haven't had any visions or anything like that. Just a thought.
What do you guys think?

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I think that they could do a better job than this, honestly, if the whole terrorism bit isn't a farse.

I don't think it would be something as mundane as swine flu. It would be resistant and more deadly, if they did create it. There would be no way to control it's future mutations from this stage. So, I say no.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I doubt it. First thing is Muslim have a hang up with pigs, so I doubt they are going to be playing around with them or their cells.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Sure it is!

Also it is possible that it was a present from aliens who are sending a first warning. Straighten up, or they will save this planet by eliminating us.

OR, ?

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Anything is possible. The real question should be: Is it likely? And I would answer no.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Yeah, now that I think about it a little more, Al-Quaeda usually is the first to boast about doing something nasty...

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I would tend to think not, since I am concerned that H1N1 will attenuate and then wave us again -- more infectuous -- later on in the fall. I hope it is not so. If it shakes out that way, I doubt that Al Quaeda has the wherewithall to engineer such a pox.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude
I doubt it. First thing is Muslim have a hang up with pigs, so I doubt they are going to be playing around with them or their cells.

The whole water-boarding interrogation didn't make CIA happy at all, but the prospect of being injected with swine flu made the Al Qaeda guys sing like a nightingale. Unfortunately for the CIA, after the detainees learned that the virus was called H1N1, it was all back to water-boarding -- in their cells.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
If this strain is engineered, my thoughts are that it's at the government level, rather than at a geurilla level. Yes, the Soviet-era labs had strains (citation needed- my apologies), and the Russians could certainly have accomplished this, or the Chinese- or just about anyone with a bioreactor, as the strains are bought and sold as commodities!) but the way it's playing out, my gut tells me if it IS a bioengineered virus, as opposed to a natural genetic reassortment, it's from the good ol' USA. Reference to other posts about missing samples of VEE from Ft. D in Maryland- and having worked in several infectious disease labs, I know how easy it would be to walk out the door with just about anything, if one is clever enough.
If this is a bio-attack, IMHO it would have to be nation-state sponsored, ie., Iran, etc.
So- not out of the ballpark- but I think it's either a mistake (we did sequence the 1918 strain) and it got out, or it's the Jet Age and it recombined- or we're in big trouble as our gov's plot to depopulate.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
No

Swine flu is bullcrap. I thought that you'd have learned this by now.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
they negotiated and.... swine flue was the winner......by the way

Something a little more sinister is in the air. A subsription to NG would clue you in.

Mother nature is on the move.
H plus

New, Fast-Evolving Rabies Virus Found -- And SpreadingAnne Minard
for National Geographic News

May 4, 2009
Evolving faster than any other new rabies virus on record, a northern-Arizona rabies strain has mutated to become contagious among skunks and now foxes, experts believe.

The strain looks to be spreading fast, commanding attention from disease researchers across the United States (U.S. map).

Enlarge Photo

Printer Friendly

Email to a Friend

What's This? SHARE
Digg

StumbleUpon

Reddit

RELATED
"World's Rarest Dog" Could Be Saved With Rabies Vaccine
Deadly Frog Fungus Spreads in Virus-Like Waves
"Deadly Contact: How Animals and Humans Exchange Diseases" in National Geographic Magazine
It's not so unusual for rabid animals to attack people on hiking trails and in driveways, or even in a bar—as happened March 27, when an addled bobcat chased pool players around the billiards table at the Chaparral in Cottonwood.

Nor is it odd that rabid skunks and foxes are testing positive for a contagious rabies strain commonly associated with big brown bats.

What is unusual is that the strain appears to have mutated so that foxes and skunks are now able to pass the virus on to their kin—not just through biting and scratching but through simple socializing, as humans might spread a flu.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Just found your thread...and like many posters have stated, I don't necessarily think that it's probable that the virus could be a "present" from Al Quaeda, but I don't think we should totally shut the door on the possiblility.

This is my reasoning:

1) the connection between Mexico (in general) and Muslim extremists entering its border...then the fact that the Mexican pop. began wearing face masks as prescribed by the govt...check out the US DHS website...in case of an event of a bio-"terror" attack, immediately apply facemask, contain yourself, etc.

2) as soon as the news of the "swine flu" got out internationally,--and forgive me for not remembering exactly where I read this--the Muslims ext. came out with a statement like: Aha! See what happens to those infidels in the West...for their ways, they are being attacked by this virus & we aren't (it wasn't released as a statement by a specific group--but as an overarching mind-set of the pop. statement)

3) no known cases in the Middle East except for in Israel, several caveats to this however: WHO data highly questionable, governments in the Middle East have much more control and wouldn't have necessarily "released" info about cases in their countries, and the pop. there may have some built-in immunity to the virus

4) the connection between Rumsfeld and his cronies, their circle of friends including the Bin Ladens of al Arabia Saudia

I have a question for those more versed in medicine and science: is it possible that an engineered virus could have a bacterial add-on??? Please respond if you have knowledge/opinion on this. thx.

Not probable, but still possible in my opinion

~sj

[edit on 8-5-2009 by sonjah1]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
From what I've read of swine flu its actually a very ineffective biological weapon because its got a low mortality rate and it is treatable. I would be infinitely more worried about an outbreak of Smallpox in the US considering we stopped vaccinating people against it years ago( and the vaccine only lasted 3 to 5 years ). An air-borne and weaponized Ebola Zaire would be even worse except for the fact that it kills so fast its hard to spread properly.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I would have to say no, if it is engineered, it wasn't done by Al Quaeda.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I would have to say no, if it is engineered, it wasn't done by Al Quaeda.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Helig

Helig-
Good point- but I have a few considerations:
1) Like 9/11, the goal of terrorism is not always to kill off many poeple, but to create fear, panic and to destroy economies and infrastructure (and they succeeded in a way to that extent)
2) Flu is a better vector for bio-warfare than many others, BECAUSE it doesn't kill its' hosts too quickly. Ebola would burn too fast- before people had a chance to get out. Comes on fast, death is fast. Certainly it would cuase massive destruction, but not in the scale of millions of hundreds of millions. Look at the recent outbreaks in Africa- even as Sub-saharan Africans gain more ability to get on a plane, etc., you only see isolated burns of Ebola. As well, it's a jungle disease- used to triple canopies, and can't live in regular UV light for more than a minute or so- so it's not an effective weapon- unless it's engineered to either go airborne or to last in sunlight.

3) An effective bio-agent is one, which, like an economic attack, reduces a nation's (or a world's) confidence, financial stability, free trade and travel, etc.

For those reasone, influenza is pretty ideal. You get a fair amount of morbitity and mortality, but not enough to break down society (hopefully), then you take advantage of a weakened military, economy, government and population. People are gun-shy, amenable to Governmental control, and in need of help- over-possibly- years.
Anthrax would destabilise us faster, and Ebola would kill more greusomely, but smallpox, flu, other viruses, would be the way to slowly disemble a country's stability.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Impaired,

You may be keeping up with this yourself, but this newer info. in thread is along the lines of your "present" assertion, not necessarily from al quaeda, but from extremists:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 13-5-2009 by sonjah1]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Could have been al CIAduh maybe..

There are Taliban and Mujahideen fighters, armed compliments of Donald Rumsfeld, but there is no such thing really as al Qaeda, that's a made up thing, which started out as nothing but a data base of such fighters the CIA put together during the Russian Afghan war.

Don't be taken in, or allow your judgement to be impaired by the propaganda machine.

Oh and 9/11 was an inside job.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

Whether I'm right, your right, or the USGOV is right, we will never know...
You know it's sad but true...

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
A deeper investigative look at the historical record shows that what I'm saying is more right than what you've been told by the MSM (meainstream media) compliments of the Bush administration. I can tell that you are a young person who's relatively new to all this information. Research it hard for about five years and you'll come to about the same conclusion that I and many others have drawn.

It's not all a relative unknown - though we cannot know history with high precision, we can get enough information to make a fairly good evaluation.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join