It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Crazy US government - Maybe it is our own fault.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Have you ever stopped to consider that maybe the problems with our country are our own fault?

Most of us...
1. Keep voting for the politicians who say what we want to hear.
2. Never look into their history
3. Never stand up and point out the flaws with the politicians
4. Never work to find and support new candidates and new political parties
5. Rarely put the good of the nation above our own selfish interests

So maybe we can empower ourselves by changing our views, taking action, and putting down all the things that separate us and focus down on what is good for the economic future of our country. Maybe we could even send them lists of things that we care about but we are willing for them to cut for the sake of the nations finances.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I once asked the only person I knew from Massachusetts, "why in hell do you guys continue to re-elect Ted Kennedy, John Horseface, and Barney Frank? Is that the best this state can come up with?"

The answer?

"I know they're sorry, but they do a lot of personal favors for their constituents."

Well, fine. No use flushing the toilets in Massachusetts, I suppose.

Dang right it's our own fault. We keep re-electing the same folks.

The greatest thing in the world would be two parts. One part is that no Representative or Senator can serve more than two terms in the as a Representative or Senator.

The second part would be to rescind the 17th Amendment, and return to the original Constitutional practice of State Legislatures appointing Senators.

Thus, the "I promise everything to everyone" BS wouldn't fly.

Once in a while, you have to plow the field. You don't, and you got nothing but weeds.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Thing is, these "rock the vote" campaigns also "guide" the new voters about whom to vote. It's basically like stuffing the ballot box.

By putting floods of new voters into voting roles you basically throw a monkey wrench into the other camp's strategy, unless they have correctly predicted the outcome of such a "rock the vote" campaign.

new topics

join