It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A quick question about the new [HOAX] forum ...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
But you still face the issue of the decision to move a members thread.

Many would argue that most of the existing threads could be moved there, no?

The ultimate decision about applying the HOAX label rests at the Administration level, and is not done lightly. There's a huge difference between someone being incorrect, and a hoax.

I don't agree most of the threads could be moved there, even if many would argue that point. I think much of what we discuss here represent unresolved issues... things we just don't know. Some I view as completely frivolous, some not. A call we allow each member to make individually.

That's where the discussion comes in. A search for some answers to settle an issue one way or the other. And just because an issue is settled in one direction doesn't necessarily mean the other perspective represents the side of a hoax.

But that's just me. You're free to make the argument on an individual case basis thread by thread. I'm all for settling whatever we can. The more we can reduce the signal-to-noise ratio on anything, the greater likelihood we'll be able to reach an understanding of the issue.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

I am not arguing otherwise. I was asking a question. Forgive me if it seemed ignorant.

It just seems an inescapable conclusion that I couldn't avoid. I offer no challenge to your policy. I was simply wondering how the threshold of such a decision is reached.

I will desist, as interest in this matter is purely theoretical.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I didn't mean to come off strident there. I guess I should've thrown in a couple of
or something. I apologize if it seemed I was discouraging an inquiry, that was not my intent.

The way it's always supposed to have worked is someone from the Administration level makes the determination. Much like we had a thread started in the HOAX forum a couple of days ago, I'm anticipating the occasional hiccup before everything's ironed out.

Thanks for the inquiries. It's helping to see some things we might not have otherwise.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join