It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you new around here?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I am curious to know how many others had similar paths as mine quite recently.

What I am wondering is how many of the new posters on ATS feel like they got here by some strange unseen hand, possibly new awakening of what may be going on around them. (May be, because non of it is provable)

Many of the ATS'ers on here have been hip to what may be going on for quite some time, years, and some even longer

I am more intrested in knowing how many people frequent this fourm, that during this year had revelations about truth, life, and somehow were led here for news, suggestions, views, and any other type of information I may have left out.

Maybe tell a brief story of why you are here? (On ATS, not the purpose of life)

My story

I was searching for entertainment value from 2012 prophecy one night in late Feburary, after I had been recently laid off from work, with lots of time on my hands. I always had my own theory of the big questions, and I guess I hadn't searched for 2012 stuff in quite a while. (over a year at least) That and the "Apocaylpse Week" on History channel in January, seemed to rekindle my passion about the event. Well, I found more information then I was ready for, and the next 6 weeks lead me to everything from conspiracy to spirituallity. None of which were ever planned for me to research. It kind of feels like I was going to get a cup of water one night, and I fell down the stairs breaking my neck and paralyzing myself for life. It was never intended.

The research path vibrated in my soul at every step. It seemed certain areas ringed true more then others, but we all know a bunch of crap is also included in the research path as well.

I landed on ATS by chance, after I started to really believe the stuff I was researching. I decided to seek out other people that shared my views. I randomly typed "Conspiracy Fourms" in my Yahoo search engine, and I found a site. After registering on that site, and posting for a few days, there wasn't much activity. I decided to search for another fourm. I found ATS, thus, brings me here, almost 3 months later after I fell down the stairs, so to speak.

And you?

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Well, my path started a bit different.

Last summer i was looking for amy information about how to become psychic. And i did. Here then I learned about the 2012 thing from a few various sites. I still continued my psychic efforts, (until the forum I was on closed down). Then following a few sites of learning psychic abilities and ailens and conspiracies and that led me here. I figured I might get some intelligent conversation here.

There you go.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Hi Sticky, welcome to ATS.

I'm going to alert a mod to maybe move this thread to a different forum. Don't worry, you'll probably get a better response after it has been relocated.

"Skunkworks" (this forum) is for the real "out-there" theories that often fly off the top of peoples heads. Check out some of the posts in here. I'm sure you'll be amazed at how our minds work.
and you'll probably have a laugh too.

If you want to know how many posters there are here, check out the Statistics page for some useful info.

We all have different reasons for being here....me, I'm a skeptical mad boat-rocker who has spent a couple of years contributing all sorts along the way. I mainly stick to posting and haven't started a thread in ages...there's SO much other stuff to debunk and stories to investigate and comment on in here already.

So have FUN, have a break once in a while, get used to the surges when large stories are around and the lulls when there are few, try not to get dragged into any mud-slinging and please, consider what you share and how you share it. Opinions are important and should be integral in any thread you start.

It's nice to read a new members thread that doesn't consist of a youtube link and a quick "what do you think?".
.....I would reply with "what do YOU think?"

So stick around sticky
I'm sure there's plenty to interest you here and you may even make some friends too.

cheers...nerb

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
although different, i feel my story is the same

I had recently undergone huge life changes and everything i had taken for granted disappeared. Well so i thought!
In fact it got to the point where i found what hell really was, that dead, sinking feeling that life is pointless. ( no money, no real job, no future, a haunting past, blah blah....)

Anyway, the day i contemplated what the whole point of being was (and the answer wasn't pretty) i received some help from family, uncalled for, but i was grateful and i got back on my horse (metaphorically)

Then for some strange reason I got into researching a topic that had been on my mind for a couple of years. ( one day I will post the details) what happened next was mind blowing.
everything began to connect, everything began to synchronise and coincidences began to be a regularity.

The research, with the aid of the internet , was like riding a wild horse. The questions i was creating were being answered and then taken to the next level, whooosh, whoosh, whoosh. I couldnt get off, i scared a few people, i would disappear for days,i thought i was mad, i lost a month i cant remember what happened but somewhere i found something that i had been ignoring for years.

My Spirit.

Everything at once was beginning to make sense and yet my universe was expanding and even more and more questions were becoming obvious.
My interest in all things unexplainable was back.

and so i found this abovetopsecret place!
and i find , like your post, many many others who have gone through the same process.

Maybe everybody does in sometime in their life, but with internet we actually can connect far quicker than we ever have before and it will only increase.
and so here we all are, and there are many more who will find this place and others like it.
thanks for the post.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by 2theC

Yes, life really IS a rollercoaster, it happened to me some years ago.

Down, down, down, to the blackest pits of nowhereness......but the momentum I had gained bottomed out, and weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee... up I went.

I've been happily bobbing along up here since.

Funny old world innit?
There's plenty of stories on the "ups and downs" people go through in the Faith & Spirituality forums...check 'em out sometime.

Ats certainly has it's ups and downs too, remember that. It's not always roses and can often try one's patience.

I try not to let it get to me anymore and have just learned to have fun.

I hope you all find a little of what you're searching for here, and if any of you need a hand......I'm a U2U away.

cheers...nerb

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Im not exactly new but im more of a reader than a contributer. I stumbled upon this site about a year ago and enjoy the articles. they are quite entertaining.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I found ATS back in November or December, when Yellowstone was shaking around a bit. I started reading a great thread on Yellowstone, and still follow it. It was why I joined ATS. I liked the way people were working together. BTW, way to go everyone who has contributed to that thread. It is awesome.

However, after joining, I find that many people here do not repsect any opinion that is different than theirs, and just as many ignore facts when they are supported with legitimate evidence.

And it seems some people tell me I spread disinfo. We'll see how long I stay around.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Hi first post here on ATS, I've been lurking on ATS for years reading posts and news, it's been one of my main news sources for a number of years, it's amazing how often this place is spot on, of course it's often way off as well but that's the fun of it, unlike the MSM, here I can do my own research and decide whether I believe the news or not.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Neat replies all. Thanks for taking the time to share your stories with me.

(*obvious bump, but don't tell anyone)

Who's next?

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Hello All,

I just signed up on here, although i have been a lurker for quite some time. I found that this site kept coming up whenever i went on the quest for the truth. It started out when i was researching 2012. There are some very interesting theories about it and some that are quite...well...out there. It is strange though because ever since i was a little kid, i had this feeling about 2012, almost ominous, and i remember when everyone was freaking out about Y2K, being in grade school and telling people not to worry, nothing was going to happen for another 12 years.

Then, later, i came to realize that the MSM was feeding us a bunch of useless crap and denying us what is really going on. Also that the government seems to be preparing for, well, SOMETHING. i plan on starting a thread on that one soon, but the whole 20 posts thing....anyhow... I can see a lot of truth in some of these "conspiracy theories" if you can still call them that. more like surpressed truth.

All in all, this is the BEST site i have found for information and there is not as much crap to sift through. I love how everyone here wants proof and isnt ready to believe any crazy theory that is put out...doing just that, i think is worse than being a sheeple cause it gives us a bad name and then the sheeple can be convinced we're "all crazy".

Sorry if i have been rambling, there is just a lot i have been wanting to say and where im at right now, there aren't that many people i can talk to about these things...trust me. I've been lurking on here for so long that i already feel like part of the community, albeit a silent one.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Sorry, something else i wanted to say is that i think a lot of these "conspiracies" can be tied together. Kind of like how quantum physicists are searching for a grand unified theory...like a unified conspiracy theory. Take ancient civilization, ooparts, sumer (enuma elish), exodus, NWO, ailens, UFO's, chemtrails, the moon, mars, depopulation, 911, DUMB's...etc...it can ALL be tied together...i just havent figured out HOW yet...and i think the information presented here will help me figure this all out.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by stickyWhat I am wondering is how many of the new posters on ATS feel like they got here by some strange unseen hand, possibly new awakening of what may be going on around them. (May be, because non of it is provable)

Many of the ATS'ers on here have been hip to what may be going on for quite some time, years, and some even longer

I am more intrested in knowing how many people frequent this fourm, that during this year had revelations about truth, life, and somehow were led here for news, suggestions, views, and any other type of information I may have left out.

Hello!

I share your feeling that there is certainly a 'strange unseen hand' that some refer to as a Cryptocracy. Indeed things seem so out-of-whack that I have decided to become a self-declared Conspiracy Theorist!

My username is inspired partly by Jan Van Helsing, who took the name Van Helsing for its Vampire Slaying quality. This is what needs to be done to the NWO!!! (after a public trial of course. )

I typed in the words 'conspiracy theory forum' into google and now I am here!!

I also believe that out there is a 'Grand Unified Conspiracy Theory' that is waiting to be discovered to explain the Truth. My hunch is that the World is run by a few men who could fit into a conference room, one just needs to find that room!!!

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Cunnobar the Slayer

yeah, i keep trying to find the grand unified theory but i keep getting stuck in a tangled web of lies, half-truths, and things that cannot be beyond a doubt proven. i do feel that that there is a strong connection between the old testament, and the enuma elish, especially if the Talmud of Jmmanuel can be proven not a fraud. it would definitely help to tie some loose ends together haha

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I guess, in a strange egotistical way, I felt like bumping my over a year old thread now.

Maybe I can get a few more people to post stories of why they are here, and how they got here.

Thanks for the words in advance. (Maybe it dies, maybe it doesn't ohh well)

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
hey there, literally just joined

you said your story so here goes. basically me and my friend talk about all sorts of things that most people i know don't understand or wouldn't be able to open there minds up to. we talk about everything from how CCTV cameras everywhere could be to watch us to keep the government safe from an uprising if things ever went bad enough to wanting to run as a politician just to sort out a few things in this country. but either way i was talking to him earlier and he started telling me about the Sumarians, and something about finding clay tables about rough, but obvious designs of helicopters, planes and other such things dating from the Sumerians'.

tell me if that's way out i don't know where h heard it, he's like a sponge of random information but it's all good. well we were talking about the possibility of UFOs being involved, we both believe in them because seriously think of the size of the universe, but we were talking about how maybe the aliens did visit here, possibly create us and we treat them as gods, but being a rebellious and generally unpredictable race that we are as well as often ruled by emotion and not rational thought we one day turned around and got bored of following and decided to rule ourselves.

when we did i think that maybe they did something which wiped out all record of them being here as well as almost wiping us out and that we are still being watched to see how we evolve without there influence this time. well after all this i got home, thought yea see if i can find somewhere where people actually talk about stuff like this without systematically trying to ruin you by shooting you down and after a while i landed here

top topics

join