It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dad uses Dog Shock Collar on Kids (funny vid )

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Call me sick but that was kinda funny. Even the kid was laughing at the end... even though it hurt.

It reminds me of a time in college when I had this boring economics teacher. I couldn't stay awake for the life of me so one day I strapped a shock collar to my ankle and gave him the remote. He was always complaining about me and a few others sleeping so I told him if I fell asleep to hit the button, just don't turn it up. I'll wake up...

He never hit the button

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seany

Originally posted by jd140

My dad watched us do it and after words told us that we had to be the dumbest kids he had ever seen.

Man I miss those young stupid days.

I think we all had some stories like that

you forgot to mention the cuff in the back of the head from the old man

WHAT? That is child abuse!

/sarcasm

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
My brother-in-law did it to himself just to see what it felt like for the dog. It was pretty funny sense he didn't realize it does give a pretty good shock lol.

Just word of warning though, my sisters dog after having it used a couple times on her went into seizures (smaller dog) so they scrapped it I really wouldn't suggest it on smaller dogs because it was one heck of a seizure I thought for sure she was going to die but was fine and has been ever sense. After that I figured if I ever get a dog it will just be the old nose in the nasty and outside as it seems to work fine just takes a couple extra times as opposed to pain lol.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Oh goodness, not sure how I feel about this. LOL We have a pretty "crazy" dog, and tried and tried to train her to stop barking when she was in her kennel. Nothing worked, so our vet suggested a "shock collar". We researched them, and ended up getting one that has different settings, from very mild to pretty strong as well as just a "beep" setting.

Before we used it on our dog, we used it on ourselves. We figured if we were going to use it on our dog, we better know what it felt like, and how powerful it was. So, my husband and I took turns "shocking" each other (though we did not put the collar on our necks, we put it on our hands), from the low setting to the high setting. LOL I took it better than my husband did. Our kids were laughing at us, and both of them wanted a "turn" at getting shocked. I only allowed them one finger on the collar, but they did get shocked, at their own request.

What we learned, was that the low setting, was really just a "buzz" feeling with zero pain, the high setting made everyone of us "jump and squeak", so we have never used the high setting on our dog. What we also learned, was that a "new" battery, causes a greater shock than an "older" battery.

What we also learned, was that if the collar was not on our dog right, then she could not even feel it, as her fur was in the way. The prongs have to be on skin, and not fur.

So, anyway, our dog learned not to bark like a looney freak in her kennel pretty darn quick, and we have not had a problem since. These days, if I have to use the collar, most of the time, I just use the "beep" setting, and she chills out immediately as she knows uh oh I just got a warning. To clarify the "beep" setting, is just that, it makes a beeping sound without a shock. Thank goodness, as when we were first training her to not bark like a looney freak, every time we had to give her a shock, I would almost be in tears, even knowing that she really was not being harmed, as we had tried the thing out on ourselves first.

So, yeah if the dad had forced the child to shock himself, I think that would be different, or if the dad was using it as punishment that would be different, than a child who is doing what children do, which is "checking things out", it's how children learn. Though as I said, in our situation, our children wanted to try the collar out, but we let them put their finger on it, and did not put it around their neck.

Oh, and having grown up on a farm, we used to run around with BB guns and Pellet guns having "wars". Still have a few scars from it. Children can sometimes do the strangest things. My brother was even "scalped" during one of our wars, thought Mom was going to "kill" us over that one.

We also had those electric fences going around our property, and we talked one of our neighbors (a guy), into taking a "pee" over the fence, he was not a very intelligent young man. Anyone wanna take a guess as to what happens when a guy tries to pee over an electric fence?
I'll give you a hint if you need, shock, pee, shock, pee "help, I can't stop" he yelled as we were all standing around laughing until he finally fell backwards, and stopped his peeing.
He was a bully, and bullied all of us, so we felt vindicated, and he left us alone after that.

These days? I feel a "little" guilty over it, though in truth he was not permanently harmed, and he DID stop bullying people after that.

Harm None
Peace

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I know guys who work in a store that sells stun guns. They sit around all day shocking themselves with them. Apparently you can build up a tolerance.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Are you in the witness protection program?
Just asking.

[edit on 5-8-2009 by groingrinder]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
I know guys who work in a store that sells stun guns. They sit around all day shocking themselves with them. Apparently you can build up a tolerance.

that would be something to do, case of beer , few buddies
and have a Stun Gun party

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by amazed

Oh gosh we had bb gun wars too,lol Was funny until my best friend shot my little brother in the peepee,lol

We would play BB gun truth or dare, and set up a box with squares on it, what square you shot, you had to do what it said,lol Yeah we were latch key kids

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I for one don't see any real problem with people learning the "hard way" once in a while. The kid did it on his own.

Shocking somebody else is abuse/assault.

Shocking yourself is Darwin in action.

<< 1   >>

join