It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof Of Our Abusive Troops In Action

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on May, 7 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Thought I would share these disgusting examples of our Troops and their abusive tactics:

Before anyone replies that these are obscure and rare examples, U2U me, I've got about 500 more I've collected.

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 8 May 09 by Gools]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing those, and yes I believe they are more common than people care to realize. I do not support the war, but I have nothing but respect for our troops (it is because of them that I am to air my grievences). My issues lie with the government, my respect lies our soldiers.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
can you make them bigger?

+11 more 
posted on May, 7 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Yes, of course, lets not discuss the half a million kids that the UN reported had died simply from sanctions prior to war, let a lone mass bombing campaigns after the war started.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
haha, And to think I was about to come on here to criticize your criticism of our troops.
Good Job bro. Great photos. Our troops enver get the respect that they deserve. Instead all they get is a bunch of moronic bloggers who dont know what its like to be put in their situation criticizing them in the worst possible ways calling them baby killers and such.

OOH RAH!

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Bravo MajesticJax, Bravo!

-E-

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
While I love the pictures, and think it is VERY important to look at the good-you cant ignore the bad. Posting these pics is no different than posting examples of true "abuses".
Both are going on, and neither can be denied.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MajesticJax

You know ... all you had to do is be straightforward in your thread title and your OP would seem a lot less propagandistic.

I have nothing but appreciation for the troops and have written many threads in their support, but quite frankly what you are doing here adds nothing to any debate I can think of.

Did someone say that ALL troops are mass murdering psychos and I missed it and you felt like this thread would refute that?

I'm honestly not knocking you, I'm just trying to figure out what your point is and what you are trying to achieve, other than soliciting emotional knee-jerk reactions.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Not everyone has an agenda. Relax.

With all the gloom and doom I like to post some nice things once in a while.

And I think the title is pretty funny. My lame attempt at wit I guess. Please forgive me if I've horribly offended you.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajesticJax
Not everyone has an agenda. Relax.

Did I seem stressed to you?

I assure you that is not the case.

With all the gloom and doom I like to post some nice things once in a while.

Boy, I couldn't agree more. Perhaps BTS then would have been more appropriate for this thread as you have still to tell us what this has to do with the war on terrorism or any conspiratorial context.

However I do agree that the pics are very fluffy and heartwarming.

And I think the title is pretty funny.

As you may be aware, I enjoy a good funny as much as anyone, yet somehow I find it hard to find humor in this particular topic, but maybe that's just me.

Please forgive me if I've horribly offended you.

You are forgiven.

In any case, your point is well taken and it is important to see all aspects of war. The only reason I even mentioned the title to be honest is because I am very sensitive to graphic images with nightmares and the like, and it took me a good few minutes to muster up the courage to click on the external links thinking that they were of "abusive" nature.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   

In any case, your point is well taken and it is important to see all aspects of war. The only reason I even mentioned the title to be honest is because I am very sensitive to graphic images with nightmares and the like, and it took me a good few minutes to muster up the courage to click on the external links thinking that they were of "abusive" nature.

So glad you weren't horrified. Glad to help.

[edit on 7/5/09 by MajesticJax]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Thanks for that Majestic.

Deeds above words.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
God bless our troops, our people, and our land.

Freedom was never and will never be free.

+11 more 
posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Notice how the kids are all clean and in nice clothes?
the troops are all smiling and also clean in nice uniforms?
Notice how there's no rubbish strewn on the streets?
Puddles of sewage collecting?
Notice how the buildings behind them were intact?
Notice how there were no dogs eating bodies behind them?

I’m sure if i went to a certain part of... Darfur

gathered up some rich peoples kids, chose my cleanest soldiers to go play with them in a Ritchie Ritchie area I could make all the idiots believe we were solving darfurs problems also.

Now, im sure US Troops for the most part do have these peoples best intentions at heart.

but if you base your attitude towards the occupational army on those posed up and propped photos, your in serious denial!

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MajesticJax

Oh the horror!

Seriously though, those are some excellent pics even if they are a bit small.

reply to post by Agit8dChop

Yes because as we all know there are no washing machines or soap in the middle east. Nor are there trash cans, people who pick up trash, or people who bury the dead. It's also completely impossible for any of the pics to have been taken by the troops themselves while out patrolling.

+3 more 
posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
When you get hours of electricity a day, and little to no water.
How do you fathom a washing machine ?
Im sure the upper class rich area's have them, but the slums in sadr city and central Baghdad who have been devastated? hah!

same goes with trash and sewage, educate yourself on some photos of the area's the US army has visited and flushed through.

as for the soldiers, you think the AP and military would allow them to release photos of a smiling yank with a armless child who’s scowling with knotted up hair?

use your head.

these are propaganda pictures designed to make the feeble believe 'all is well'

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Do you think that all those soldiers who have taken their own cameras with them and taken pictures are really going to ask permission to upload them on the internet or print them out and share them with people? Do you really think they even are required to?

Even people who live in areas of severe drought find a way to clean themselves and their clothes from time to time. Not everyone has a washing machine, but I'm quite certain they aren't all running around in clothes that haven't been washed in years.

Speaking of water, you mean the troops don't really hand out water? How about the fact that only 24% or less of those living in Baghdad aren't connected to a general water network as of January this year? How about the Solar-power Water Filter the military installed in Lutifiyah? Did you know that Turkey has promised more water from both the Tigress and Euphrates rivers to Iraq and Syria? Not to mention all of the other examples of water being given to the people of Iraq, the water treatment facilities refurbished or built, the water purifiers given to villages, or the fact that water doesn't necessarily have to be drinkable in order to be suitable to wash clothes in.

Now, what were you saying about me needing to educate myself?

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Here are some Iraqi kids begging for fresh water.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Do you think that all those soldiers who have taken their own cameras with them and taken pictures are really going to ask permission to upload them on the internet or print them out and share them with people? Do you really think they even are required to?

Of course not,

But those photos usually show dead insurgents, missing arms, legs or heads blown to bits.

Do I really need to post these images for you?

Even people who live in areas of severe drought find a way to clean themselves and their clothes from time to time. Not everyone has a washing machine, but I'm quite certain they aren't all running around in clothes that haven't been washed in years.

fundly enough alot of them are,
If the parents are cleaning the clothes in the river, most are dirty.
Of course, im looking at sadr city, baghdad, fallujha and such. You know, the cities, homes, bedrooms, schools and buildings we destroyed?

where are you looking?

How about the fact that only 24% or less of those living in Baghdad aren't connected to a general water network as of January this year?

Being connected means jack. Majority are connected, but the supply is so unstable or limited it barely makes a difference.

Secondly, we are 6 years into a war, your rejocing over a waterplant being opened in the 6th year?

or the fact that water doesn't necessarily have to be drinkable in order to be suitable to wash clothes in.

Your right.
Because when you have no drinking water your just thankful to be able to wash your clothes? stupid statement.
If your dying of thirst you drink what you can,
which explains things like this:

Cholera in Iraq continues to spread after early reports in September indicated health officials had a handle on the outbreak. The World Health Organization (WHO) has confirmed more than three thousand cases and estimates another thirty thousand people have come down with a milder form of the disease. So far, more than a dozen people have died. In Kirkuk, a city that accounts for two-thirds of the cases, one resident told the Associated Press: "Now we fear cholera more than the violence." The WHO also believes the Iraqi outbreak has spread to Iran via Iraqi refugees.

Then agian, they are hadji, raghead muja's.. who cares if we eliminate a few hundred thousand of them with poisoned water..
After all, it saves money on bullets and bombs!

Speaking of water, you mean the troops don't really hand out water?

are you kidding with this statement or trying to be funny?
Do you want me to post endless videos, shot BY the soldiers showing them teasing kids with water? food?
throwing it on the groundas they run behind the hummers?
How about the soliders swearing and abusing the kids?
making fun of the disabilities?

Sorry mate, youve got a long way to go until you actually show something substantial , proving Iraqi's lives are better off today than it was back then.

Lets start with schools, hospitals, art, museums, life style...
Connected living?
Family life?

One thing is for sure but.

you can bet your bottom dollar the troops have sparkling clean water, endless supplies of macca's, subway or tacco's.. as much joy and recreation as they please on their Iraqi' bases.

I suppose thats why you only leave the greenzone when you have to!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join