It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lunch with Astronaut John Blaha

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Hi! So on my trip to Florida I had to make a stop at the Kennedy Space Center, where I (and a bunch of other people) got to have lunch with astronaut John Blaha. During the Q&A session a kid asked him if there was Life on Mars. He answered that he believed there was, not life like you and I, but that there probably was some form of life up there at some point. He also went on to say that they knew Mars used to have an atmosphere that was the same as Earths atmosphere 5 miles up. He also mentioned the Andromeda galaxy probably has planets like Earth.. he did not think the Earth was some extremely rare occurance in the Universe and speculated that there are probably many Earth like planets out there.

When I got my picture taken with him I used the opportunity to ask him about his first mission in space and if he had seen a UFO. (He was part of the team that we speculate radio'd to Houston that a UFO was tailing them)

He said that he had not seen a UFO but that he asks all the other Astronauts all the time if they have seen one. So far, no. He went on to add that he believed there was intelligent life out there, and he joked that he hoped they would come get him, that their technology was probably very superior and "can probably travel from andromeda to here in like 10 minutes."

I don't think he is covering anything up, he seemed genuinely fascinated with Life outside of Earth and a firm believer in it, even though he admits he has no evidence.

Just thought I would share!

[edit on 8-5-2009 by itsblownbackbaby]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by itsblownbackbaby

So let's see this picture you speak of.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by bl4ke360

So let's see this picture you speak of.

LOL. Wow, we really are a bunch of skeptics aren't we?
OK, so the pic that was taken was taken by the people who work there (So i had to buy the picture) and I don't have it on my computer yet, but I will do that. I also started recording when he was talking about Mars and if I can figure out how to get that on here, I will add that too (any help will be appreciated) the audio isn't the greatest but it's understandable.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
here's the video - hes answering a question a kid asked about Life on Mars.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 7-5-2009 by itsblownbackbaby]

[edit on 7-5-2009 by itsblownbackbaby]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Been thinking about taking my kids down there and I have a question.

Can you make a full day of it with a 10 & 6 year old? I mean a FULL day?

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajesticJax
Been thinking about taking my kids down there and I have a question.

Can you make a full day of it with a 10 & 6 year old? I mean a FULL day?

Yes. You can definitely make a full day out of it, just make sure to plan it before you go (of course). Like, get the lunch with the astronaut, or do the astronaut for a day experience, or there's also an "astronaut encounter" shown multiple times a day with the same astronaut that is available that day for the lunch session... theres also an IMAX theatre with two different shows (narrated by Tom Cruise which was kinda funny) and more!

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

I gotta admit, I'm not down with NASA, but this guy does a great job explaining the vastness of our universe and how fast light from other galaxies travel to these kids. - And how it is possible for other Earth-like planets...
All conspiracies aside

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by impaired

I gotta admit, I'm not down with NASA, but this guy does a great job explaining the vastness of our universe and how fast light from other galaxies travel to these kids. - And how it is possible for other Earth-like planets...
All conspiracies aside

Yeah he definitely did. I enjoyed listening to him a lot - he was a really nice man. It was quite the honor.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Thanks for the personal account.

He's a gracious man, too -- and doesn't dwell on how his name was exploited by some UFO people:

yarchive.net...
Newsgroups: sci.space.history
Subject: Re: Message from STS-29
Date: 05 Jun 2000 12:24:17 GMT

Here's Ratsch's retraction message (his current email address is
[email protected]):

Date: Thu, 14 Mar 1996 18:51:37 -0800
Subject: Re: NASA WAV file
To: [email protected] (Brian Zeiler)

Brian, yes I have the full story on that. The details was carried on
the July 1989 issue of the MUFON Journal. Briefly I recorded some of
the radio broadcast via my audio scanner from the space shuttle
Discovery through WA3NAN, the club station of the Goddard Amateur Radio Club at Greenbelt, Md, transmitting on 147.450 MHZ. It is a
retransmission from the NASA Select original. I heard what I thought
was one of the male astronauts saying, "Houston, Discovery, we still
have the alien spacecraft under observance". Well I was pretty excited
and got in touch with Walt Andrus of MUFON and Vince Dipietro (Mars
Face Fame) who is employed at Goddard Space Flight Center who I later
handed over the tape to have a voice print analysis performed to
compare the target voice to the astronauts' voices that were aboard
during that mission. The result of the analysis showed that a few
positive hits on Astronaut Bagian (the physician on board) but not
enough hits to say he was the one who said the target words. So the
results were inconclusive. Later a check showed there was no target
voice on the original NASA Select audio.

About a year after that, I was again monitoring the audio from another NASA mission via my scanner and I heard that voice again, saying something similar to the target voice a year earlier. However on this mission, all the astronauts were different compared to the other one. This led me to conclude that unfortunately, the target voice was a hoax probably from an amateur radio operator. Jim Oberg emailed me some time ago and asked me about that case and I told him what I just told you.

======

This audio clip regularly crops up on ATS and other forums. Relevant threads on ATS alone include:

“astronaut says"alien space craft under observation" ??”
www.abovetopsecret.com...

“Recording Of Astronaut UFO Encounter”:
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

“Astronaut heard saying "We still have the alien space craft under observance"**Audio Only**”:

“Shuttle Discovery UFO Encounter with actual Audio”

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Intelligent minds bend, we consider Einstein one of them. ET's are out there above us and much more evolved/advanced than us the one's that can be expected to visit this planet. No question about it, we have, were and will continue to be visited but who is smarter the watcher or the viewer of course we are stuck and in awe, we are the mule that must be pulled along.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
word, thanks for the responses.

Yeah, I don't doubt that there is Life out there, I've agreed with a statement he made, the odds are just too great. That was what I argued in my astronomy class. If the universe was the size of the galaxy it could make sense.. when the size is incomprehensible, it does not.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
In regards to the comment that was suppose to have been made by John Blaha, (Houston this is Discovery..we still have the alien space craft under observance). NASA says it wasn't him and was a hoax. One thing I did was to try find other audio clips of John Blaha's voice. I found a clip of his voice and to me it sounds like the same person.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greensboro1978
In regards to the comment that was suppose to have been made by John Blaha, (Houston this is Discovery..we still have the alien space craft under observance). NASA says it wasn't him and was a hoax. One thing I did was to try find other audio clips of John Blaha's voice. I found a clip of his voice and to me it sounds like the same person.

So what's your assessment of Ratsch's re-assessment?

Are you so determined to believe every piece of nonsense on the Internet
that you'll disregard views of people (like Ratsch) more closely involved,
and also disregard explicit statements by the astronauts supposedly involved?

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: itsblownbackbaby

You are an idiot. My dad worked for NASA, and knew Neil & Buzz; I met John Blaha, and had a private, off-the-record conversation with him. Specifically, he said, "Our national security oaths prevent us from talking about certain topics". They'd lose their entire financial position if they let the truth out. And NASA is OBVIOUSLY covering up plenty of evidence - they're blurring out sections of lunar photos. There is already so much ufo footage released by NASA that SHOWS flying disks and other UFO's. To try to debunk this is moronic - you debunkers are EVIDENCE DENIERS - you never have ANY proof, no provenance to your spurious statements & quotes - in fact, you're nothing more than snake oil salesmen or religious zealot televangelists - used car salesmen, the lowest of the low. Do you really want to be on the losing side of logic and common sense - even if it's for a buck (which has to be the only reason you tarts shill dis-info - for the dough).

It's time for John Blaha to man up. I'm trying to get his email to remind him of our conversation. He gave me a look that said "I'm giving you the same line I have to give everyone else, or I might get killed, because when I pushed him, he got worried.
edit on 909/14/1616 by DoctorMobeius because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

Who is this rat Ratsch? Why is his word to be given ANY weight?
edit on 909/14/1616 by DoctorMobeius because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Greensboro1978

Because it is. I could tell because I met John and spoke at length with him. You are 100% correct.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: DoctorMobeius

Don't like those who don't believe I see.

So tell us how you really feel?

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: DoctorMobeius

This rat as you call him was the man who recorded the original transmission...two seconds with google would explain who he is.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: DoctorMobeius...
It's time for John Blaha to man up. I'm trying to get his email to remind him of our conversation. He gave me a look that said "I'm giving you the same line I have to give everyone else, or I might get killed, because when I pushed him, he got worried.

Thanks for joining the conversation here to discuss your claims at length.

I'm sure you can provide proof of your statements about close association with those astronauts.

When you interpreted the 'look' you say Blaha gave you when you asked about why he was lying about seeing a UFO, have you considered that it might have had a different meaning, like , "How do I get away from this nutter without him making an ugly scene?'

What did Blaha tell you about anything he saw while visiting the Mir space station, don't you think that might have been an opportunity to see UFOs too?

top topics

join