It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus get's props from the Whitehouse! Amen?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker

Originally posted by blupblup

It was about a trouble maker trying to divide as usual, and cause hatred and ill-feeling between people.

Your fight is not with me....

"The person who isn't with me is against me, and the person who isn't gathering with me is scattering. JESUS. Matthew 12:30

I see that you are back in the game that you started

Many people are not against Jesus, even Muslims.

Guess what? The fight is with you

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

Why do you keep quoting founder fathers and presidents? I can quote from the same people that are anti Christianity. That has nothing to do with how the government should be run. Our government is secular.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

nah... me lil ole me... ru muslim.... if so....who do you say iam...jc that is... ot

Huh?

Um, no I'm not a Muslim. I'm just your average skeptic.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien

Why do you keep quoting founder fathers and presidents? I can quote from the same people that are anti Christianity. That has nothing to do with how the government should be run. Our government is secular.

yes I know you can...

thing is...

you can provide approx one to my ten quotes...

please look into the magnitude of pro christian quotes...not a good road to argue on your side...

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   

yes I know you can... thing is... you can provide approx one to my ten quotes... please look into the magnitude of pro christian quotes...not a good road to argue on your side...

I don't think I believe that.

Even if that is true, it doesn't matter. It takes only one quote. Politicians say things to make people happy.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   

nah... me lil ole me... ru muslim.... if so....who do you say iam...jc that is... ot

Huh?

Um, no I'm not a Muslim. I'm just your average skeptic.

ok...no prob...they say what every religion in the world say....

spiritual hall of fame member....good guy...prophet...etc...

problem tho......what did he say..john 14:6

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

enjoy your research...

thing is....these are not all speeches....sometimes letters...dairy...etc

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

That is subject to many interpretations and translations, even among Christians. Been covered many times on ATS.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   

That is subject to many interpretations and translations, even among Christians. Been covered many times on ATS.

da...

you are great to converse with..

thank you...

hey...I can't fat finger this treo and drive...

lets pick this up when I get to my hotel...

in about two hours...

regarding the school of public opinion...ats...or any other reserch group..

jc says to them...broad ...wide...is the road to death...and many...find it...

but narrow is the gate....to life...

...without excuse my friend....sorry for being sooo heavy.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Ok take your time.

Let me ask you this question...

Would you be upset if President Obama announced that he believes in prayer to Allah?

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker
reply to post by moocowman

again jesus christ is not santa claus....why ru hyper focused on one verse...

u would never apply such lack of discipline to your job or any research for that matter

No jesus is not santa, you claim jesus is Yahweh ie god the creator of all that there is ever was and will be.
The very same god that made you a promise of whatever you asked for ---

Hyper focused is is stretching it and it requires "discipline" to remain focused.

Are you implying this verse is not relevant ?
Are you implying that when GOD says something to you, because you either don't understand or believe what he has said you are to ignore it ?
Do you not hang on to every syllable of the lord ?

When you actually meet your maker will you turn around and say you didn't think that verse was very important ?

Why is it do you think, that the creator of the universe would go to the trouble of writing a verse if he didn't want you to pay attention to it ?

What if the lord your god should say to you - " OT you spent endless hours days and months proselytizing from various scriptures that you have endeavored to memories.

You have spent countless hours months years, preaching to others how complex I am and that you understand the complexities of my words and how others don't.

OT Your ego is so great it does not allow you to observe that your god spoke to very simple illiterate people, who would not know context or pretext as there was no literature for them.

Mark 11:24: Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

So if you were there at the time these words were spoken OT, would you have had the same arrogance as to say to the rest of the followers "Ah, yes but he doesn't really mean that he's speaking out of context, you have to wait till he says something else next week to understand what he said and I will explain it to you " ??????

Please don't further inflate your ego OT by accusing me of lack of discipline, why not be humble for once and say you don't know. Better still why not just admit you didn't believe your god could be that simple.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Ok take your time.

Let me ask you this question...

Would you be upset if President Obama announced that he believes in prayer to Allah?

Yeah, I guess I would be....

But it's hypothetical right?

OT

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Yeah, I guess I would be

Why would you be upset?

.... But it's hypothetical right?

Apparently, it's not. Some people say that he's a Muslim. But that's another story. It doesn't matter.

Would it upset you more if, say, Obama decides to implement some Muslim laws in the government? How about him instituting a day of Muslim prayer?

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Moo…
OK…let’s both take a deep breath…

This is not about your or my EGO…it’s about wise research….why have you not considered the WHOLE COUNSEL OF GOD?

What about these other verses on prayer…I just think you have to take them all to form a balanced view?

OT

"This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us - whatever we ask - we know that we have what we asked of him" (1 John 5:14-15).

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 4:6-7).

"…The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective" (James 5:16).

"And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints" (Ephesians 6:18).

"In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express" (Romans 8:26).

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness" (1 John 1:9).

"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus" (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18).

"When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures" (James 4:3).

"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him" (Matthew 6:5-8).

"To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everybody else, Jesus told this parable: 'Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee stood up and prayed about himself: "God, I thank you that I am not like other men-robbers, evildoers, adulterers-or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get." But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, "God, have mercy on me, a sinner. I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted"'" (Luke 18:9-14).
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 4:6-7).

"…The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective" (James 5:16).

"And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints" (Ephesians 6:18).

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   

I do not want a CHRISTIAN NATION...ok?

What I do recognize it 52 out 55 founding fathers were orthodox members of the Christian church of their day...

And the wise godly men understanding the sin nature, built balance and accountability in the fform of government...we can not forget that...

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Would it upset you more if, say, Obama decides to implement some Muslim laws in the government? How about him instituting a day of Muslim prayer?

think he already has...lst thursday was open to all faiths?

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Have you ever wondered what happened to the 56 men who signed the Declaration of Independence?

Have you ever wondered what happened to the 56 men who signed the Declaration of Independence?

Five signers were captured by the British as traitors, and tortured before they died. Twelve had their homes ransacked and burned. Two lost their sons serving in the Revolutionary Army; another had two sons captured. Nine of the 56 fought and died from wounds or hardships of the Revolutionary War. They signed and they pledged their lives, their fortunes, and their sacred honor. What kind of men were they?

Twenty-four were lawyers and jurists. Eleven were merchants, nine were farmers and large plantation owners; men of means, well educated. But they signed the Declaration of Independence knowing full well that the penalty would be death if they were captured.

Carter Braxton of Virginia, a wealthy planter and trader, saw his ships swept from the seas by the British Navy. He sold his home and properties to pay his debts, and died in rags. Thomas McKeam was so hounded by the British that he was forced to move his family almost constantly. He served in the Congress without pay, and
his family was kept in hiding. His possessions were taken from him, and poverty was his reward. Vandals or soldiers looted the properties of Dillery, Hall, Clymer, Walton, Gwinnett, Heyward, Ruttledge, and Middleton. At the battle of Yorktown, Thomas Nelson, Jr. noted that the British General Cornwallis had taken over the Nelson home for his headquarters. He quietly urged General George Washington to open fire. The home was destroyed, and Nelson died bankrupt. Francis Lewis had his home and properties destroyed. The enemy jailed his wife, and she died within a few months. John Hart was driven from his wife's bedside as she was dying. Their 13 children fled for their lives. His fields and his gristmill were laid to waste. For more than a year he lived in forests and caves, returning home to find his wife dead and his children vanished. A few weeks later, he died from exhaustion and a broken heart. Norris and Livingston suffered similar fates. Such were the stories and sacrifices of the American Revolution. These were not wild-eyed, rabble-rousing ruffians. They were soft-spoken men of means and education. They had security, but they valued liberty more.

link: www.dojgov.net...

Great men!!!!!!!!11

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Remember Ben Rush? Signer of the Declaration of Independence and Ratifier of the U.S. Constitution

"The Gospel of Jesus Christ prescribes the wisest rules for just conduct in every situation of life. Happy they who are enabled to obey them in all situations!"
--The Autobiography of Benjamin Rush, pp. 165-166.

"Christianity is the only true and perfect religion, and that in proportion as mankind adopts its principles and obeys its precepts, they will be wise and happy."
--Essays, Literary, Moral, and Philosophical, published in 1798.

"I know there is an objection among many people to teaching children doctrines of any kind, because they are liable to be controverted. But let us not be wiser than our Maker.

If moral precepts alone could have reformed mankind, the mission of the Son of God into all the world would have been unnecessary. The perfect morality of the Gospel rests upon the doctrine which, though often controverted has never been refuted: I mean the vicarious life and death of the Son of God."
--Essays, Literary, Moral, and Philosophical, published in 1798.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   

I do not want a CHRISTIAN NATION...ok?

I am very glad that you have said this.

So.... skeptics are not upset.

And yes, you are right, the fundies are very very upset. Who knows why? What do they want? A Christian nation? BINGO!

What I do recognize it 52 out 55 founding fathers were orthodox members of the Christian church of their day...

That's good that you recognize that, whether or not they're actually Christians. That's your personal beliefs. Nobody's upset.

And the wise godly men understanding the sin nature, built balance and accountability in the fform of government...we can not forget that...

The same can said for those who are Muslims, Buddhists, even Scientologists. They can bring in their wisdom in the goverment.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join