It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon Rising - The truth about the moon revealed

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceJockey
reply to post by Exuberant1

Hey, thanks Exuberant1!

I was really pumped to find this and I would love to see any higher res versions that show up.

Hey, You came to the right place
==
=

Here is the Machine that Lear Found in AS8-12-2209 East of Komonosov. Note the supports/legs and long tube like device sticking out to right.

Here is the High Res version of the AS8-12-2209 Moon Machine - It is Wicked Looking!

(Sherpa Found and uploaded it after ordering the high-Res print from LPI. Kudos to Sherpa
)

Edit: And Now - SpaceJockey gets in on the fun with his latest find on Google Moon:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/015948b0fb6f.jpg[/atsimg]

Bigger!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5e97192cba7b.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 26-7-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   

I might ask you the same question.....

If that really is an object on the surface of the moon, how big are you guys estimating it would be?

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I added the 'scale legend' and it appears to be about 60 meters wide.

The tower is hard to charge as we appear to be looking down on something standing up.

Working on a video version...

Cheers,

David

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   

I added the 'scale legend' and it appears to be about 60 meters wide.

The tower is hard to charge as we appear to be looking down on something standing up.

Working on a video version...

Cheers,

David

Thanks for the estimate.

That would indicate tremendously fine resolution & detail.

If I consider a "best case" scenario of the object being 60m across excluding the large arm, that would indicate Google Moon is resolving down to almost 1m.

Does that seem to make sense? Does that align with the resolution you'd expect from Google Moon?

I wouldn't have thought it was that good.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Sam60

We don't yet know if SpaceJockey's anomaly is the same as John Lear and Sherpa's or what mission the image originates with.

Regardless, it is a cool find.

*Hey Spacejockey, do you know the image number that accompanies that shot? (For example, Lear and Sherpa's is from AS8-12-2209)

Is it from Lunar Orbiter, Clementine or Apollo?

Is your 'machine' just East of Lomonosov?

(Sorry to bother you with Questions
)

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Hey Guys, the resolution is very good but Google Earth (Moon) only provides probably about 5% coverage in any detail...not sure what they've used as source but thinking Hubble moon shots from 2004?

If you download and install Google Earth with the moon add-on, then I can provide you with a file that will take you directly to these areas, which will enable you to do your own evaluation. Just let me know.

Personally I would love to be able to also compare what I've shown here, with other photo's provided by NASA..so far I haven't been able to figure out how to locate the exact same co-ordinates so that they match up.

Cheers,

David

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Your "white" object projects an uncanny "3D" effect.

The "black" one does not. The "black" one appears it could be something like a static discharge on the film.

But as I think about it, with a different type of film or processing, perhaps your "white" object could also be that.

I'd be interested if you could direct me to any other thread or info regarding your "white" object so I might try to fine tune my thoughts a little

Cheers
Sam60

PS I hope that makes sense....

[edit on 26-7-2009 by Sam60]

[edit on 26-7-2009 by Sam60]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   

If you download and install Google Earth with the moon add-on, then I can provide you with a file that will take you directly to these areas, which will enable you to do your own evaluation. Just let me know.

Personally I would love to be able to also compare what I've shown here, with other photo's provided by NASA..so far I haven't been able to figure out how to locate the exact same co-ordinates so that they match up.

Cheers,

David

OK...

I've downloaded Google Moon.

Also...there are a number of people here who I believe can match up your Google Moon picture with better original photo's. Ex1 can probably do that, as can Zorgon, Armap, Phage & many others.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
My pics come from an area known as the Rima Hadley Valley, just near where Apollo 15 landed. Both anomalies are about 7-8 k's away from landing site.

The vector shape is in the St George crater and the tower is right on the top edge of the RH Valley about 2k opposite.

BTW, with Google Earth (Moon) you also get the full 3D terrain viewing effect which makes all these craters, valleys and mountains really COOL to view/fly over!

Cheers,

David

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sam60

I'd be interested if you could direct me to any other thread or info regarding your "white" object so I might try to fine tune my thoughts a little

It is in the John Lear moon thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

*But it is also discussed in the Moon thread several times both before and after - It is a great thread. I've just added a new post with Spacejockey's image to it along with the finds by Lear and Sherpa.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaceJockey

I've just looked all around there & I can't see it.

Can you give me better coordinates or send me a screen shot with a marker?

You know.....the more I look at that, the more I'm convinced it is not possible to truly resolve that object. More & more, I think its's something like a fault on the picture..........sorry mate

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   

reply to post by SpaceJockey

I've just looked all around there & I can't see it.

Things like images and documents tend to disappear after they are posted/linked to on ATS. Sometimes they are even altered (scrubbed) of any pertinent data. (Pages that get maybe one or two hits per week suddenly get dozens in an hour or two. This attracts attention)

I won't give any examples, you'll see it for yourself someday.

*But you might not have the settings on your googlemoon the same as Spacejockey had his.

I am gonna go have a look at the area later and see what mission the images come from.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   

It will be very interesting to see what you come up with

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

It is in the John Lear moon thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

*But it is also discussed in the Moon thread several times both before and after - It is a great thread. I've just added a new post with Spacejockey's image to it along with the finds by Lear and Sherpa.

Thanks.......

Now I know where I saw that before.

I've re-subscribed to that thread

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   

It will be very interesting to see what you come up with

I found it.

Here is the object in relation to the Apollo 15 mission - I've also inserted an enlargement:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/353566eb0690.jpg[/atsimg]
(this area also has some unusual tracks running from near the object right up to the North Complex area. Very strange... Maybe we checked it out with the moonbuggy during one of the classified portions of the secret EVAs)

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   

So how big do you think it is based on that image?

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Hmmm, that's a tough call.

I'm still looking to see if anyone has any approximation on the size of the Object found by Lear and Sherpa.

However, for Spacejockey's image I've already come up with some numbers for the total length and the distance between the two outermost legs. I am gonna hold them back until I see what other people have come up with.

What do you estimate the size of the object to be?

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   

I'm still looking to see if anyone has any approximation on the size of the Object found by Lear and Sherpa.

However, for Spacejockey's image I've already come up with some numbers for the total length and the distance between the two outermost legs. I am gonna hold them back until I see what other people have come up with.

I don't know.

I can't see a scale on Google Moon.....

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow

Originally posted by wmd_2008

Plenty of public telescopes round the world even a few you can log into over the net!

you going to provide some links to back up that statement of yours of course?

GOOGLE IT

2 to start you off

www.cardiff.ac.uk...

www.telescope.org...

[edit on 26-7-2009 by wmd_2008]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   

About the size of a piece of fluff!

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join