It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bank Stress Test Results

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
The stress test results are out and available here. Six of the banks tested were directed to raise more capital, seven were deemed stable, and "results weren't known" for four. This isn't quite as bad as a lot of us had expected, but if the six who need to raise capital can't do it, they are going to receive another bailout. Let's hope they can do it.

TA

[edit on 7-5-2009 by TheAssociate]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Here is another link to an article about on the same topic. Apparently, $74.6B needs to be raised. That's a lot of dough...

TA

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Found a couple of more links for you:

Reuters

Washington Post

TA

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I remember reading about the first great depression and how so many banks were around before it happened.

Almost each city had one or two local banks.

The big banks started handing out credit like crazy, then called it all back.

Little banks went under, and the big banks took over.

It seems like the same thing has happened here, but big banks were taken by even bigger banks, further reducing the field.

Thanks for the results, this will help me on a thread I'm making, I'll be sure to link to this thread.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
No problem, breakingdradles. Thank you for the reply and link, post starred.

It does seem that we are hurdling head long toward one huge bank. Personally, I believe this to be one of the goals of the NWO. But, then again, I'm a bit of a paranoiac.

TA

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAssociate
The stress test results are out and available here. Six of the banks tested were directed to raise more capital, seven were deemed stable, and "results weren't known" for four. This isn't quite as bad as a lot of us had expected, but if the six who need to raise capital can't do it, they are going to receive another bailout. Let's hope they can do it.

TA

[edit on 7-5-2009 by TheAssociate]

the problem is that nearly all economists agree that the stress placed on the banks is not at all a real "stress test"

but i do admit it is hard to have a stress test on a banking institution because banking is a CONFIDENCE game to a great degree

that is why BERNANKE won't name who is borrowing from the fed's discount window....because a run on the bank.....while deadly to a bank (and a burden on the FDIC not to mention depositors living paycheck to paycheck waiting ).....is relatively easy to cause when you loan out 10X more than you have on deposit....so to my point under the most stressful situations all banks are insolvent (so long as they loan out 10x their deposits and rumors can spread and money can bet against them en masse)

With that being said it should be obvious that banks can not be taken AT THEIR WORD when they say they minimized risk at the same time they co-incidentaly are recording tremendous Profits.....and now it appears to many that the geenie is out of the bottle regarding all the derivatives written and the intertwined counter party's are so F$%KD that acknowledging the situation in a honest way would cause a run on most large banks...........but in fact what they should do and will need to is stop pouring endless $$ into these banks and propping up their derivatives exposure (via AIG) that they need to be chopped up and put into temporary bankruptcy via the swedish solution...

The stress test really is just buying time for more bailout and hopefully putting the pieces in place to have a MUCH MUCH more SEAMLESS and stable reorganization and breakdown of a large bank (Compared with the way lehman was handled)...

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by cpdaman

Yup, I'm sure that these aren't very realistic results. The government is just trying to increase confidence in the banks. It is always wise to take government studies with a grain of salt and investigate their motives. Thanks for the reply and info, cpdaman, post starred.

TA

new topics

top topics

join