It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Trek (2009)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Well we didn't go see it again, for the 3rd time, lol only saw it twice, instead we saw the Angels and Demons movie, which was ok, I wouldn't mind seeing ST again...though, lol

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I finally went and saw it yesterday and even though I loved every minute of it, there were still a few things that bothered me like Spock 'ejecting' Kirk off the ship, the whole Vulcan being destroyed thing and lastly, I really wish they would have done a bit more with introducing the Enterprise and maybe a few "ooh's and awe's" since it was the newly built flagship of the federation.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Like my new Avatar, Got it because the movie was so awesome.

Will keep until it's out of the theater.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I just got in from seeing the movie. The movie was good, the acting was excellent, the actors did farely well.
Over all, I hated it. I remember watching the original series, the next generation, and ds 9, the one with Capt. Janeway, and Enterprise. I did not like Enterprise, cause it got too much into the timetravel stuff.
I did not like this movie, cause the story line just did not mesh with any the other things that have been produced or printed, so there is no continuity with the actual material out there. (Like James Kirk, having a brother, Dr. McCoy having experience with the Romulans, or James Kirks actual command tests, or even Chekovs Commad level test that the did.) The ship had touch screens? But alot of the movies and stuff before such had other buttons to push.
It did not really do justice to the Franchise.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

Gotta tell ya, sdcigar....I agree with you a bit, but had some other complaints.

SPOILERS!!!

Now...you DO reallize that the ntroduction of Nero (terrible villian name!) altered the timeline...which was intent of writers. Hence, new concepts to mine, I suppose.

Opening sequence: Wasn't Kirk's brother Ben in TOS his older brother?? SO, he would exist before nero changed time, right??

I hated how they constantly referred to the Shuttles' departure as "take-off", instead of 'launch'. Oh, and shuttles with clear plastic panels hanging down, like in a grocery store freezer section!! What was up with that? Speaking of that...I really, really disliked most of the interior ship sets.
Engineering, especially.

The script was just riddled with clumsy dialogue. AND completely superfluous sequences...the Corvette scene??? Nothing but product placement for Nokia.

The snowy planet....just more unneeded fake "Danger" for Kirk, and more work for CGI artists....and the big red creature tossed aside a larger piece of food, one indigenous to its planet, just to chase Kirk?!? Come on!

Oh...'lightning' in space?? AND only the intriped cadet Kirk could be able to convince everyone???

I could go on and on....but the ending was the most unsatisfying part. AND illogical and scientifically flawed....since IF the baddies ship blew up and turned into a black hole anywhere near the Earth (it WAS drilling, remember?) then it would still be a danger to the planet!!

I'm glad it made a lot of money....but the writing really disappointed me...

:shk:

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join