It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eclipses as a possible sign of alien intervention (theory)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I remember watching a program many years ago about the possibility of alien civilizations in our galaxy. I wish I could remember what the name of it was but I saw it about 20 years ago and I have drank a lot of beer since then. The show proposed different phenomenon that could be regarded as proof. I didn’t really put much thought into most of what the show touched o; except one idea.

They explored the possibility that lunar and solar eclipses could be viewed as possible alien life. Not just the partial ones but the full blown total eclipses. Apparently, and I don’t know this for sure, earth is the only planet in the solar system that experiences total eclipses. It has everything to do with the size and distance relationship between the moon and earth.

The earth is constantly moving further from the sun and the moon is also constantly moving further from the earth. Albeit these changes in distance are miniscule when looked at in the short term. However, in the long term these changes in distance are significant.

Moon moves away from earth per year ~1.496” (3.8cm)
curious.astro.cornell.edu...
This equates to ~23,611miles/billion years
Distance to moon ~238,857 miles
www.universetoday.com...

Earth moves away from sun per year ~.59” (1.5cm)
curious.astro.cornell.edu...
This equates to ~9,311miles/billion years
Distance to sun ~92955817 miles
www.universetoday.com...

Solar system created ~3.8 billion years ago
www.universetoday.com...

So with this data let’s start some calculations. When the solar system was formed the moon was ~328,579 miles from earth. This means the moon is ~37% further away from earth than it was 3.8billion years ago. The distance then earth would have moved from the sun is ~35,382 miles. Not really much of a difference to be a factor (>.1%).

Based on my calculations the moon would have appeared much larger in the sky 3.8billion years ago. This would have resulted in eclipses playing out differently than they do today. Maybe this was all by design and eclipses were meant to be at their peak performance when we reached this stage of our evolution.

Just something to think about and I am certainly open to input and I’m deferring to anyone here with a better understanding of planetary mechanics.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
excellent post, s&f.
The dynamics of space and distance between planets/stars/satellites are incredible, but on our scale this just doesn't count.
If i live to the age of 80, the Earth will have moved only 55x1.5cm away from the sun if I follow your words.

You were probably right when you explained the moon relationship with the earth, and the effects a closer moon could have on geophysics. how many cool waves have we missed on the shore?

excellent research

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MattMulder

True, true. The movement during our lifetime will be insignificant. But if the designers, if you will, of the solar system knew we would not reach self actualization until several billion years after creating the solar system they may have planned it so eclipses would be at their most spectacular during this time.

I'm not saying the dark side of the moon is riddled with alien colonies or even the moon is fake. I just think maybe it may have been placed deliberately for us, maybe as a message or sign.

edit because I hate spelling mistakes. It only promotes illiteracy.

[edit on 7-5-2009 by ratcals]

[edit on 7-5-2009 by ratcals]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I'd prefer it if 'creators' would leave a 'monolith' that would somehow reveal itself when it detected the first X megaton nuclear bomb blast or detected digital waves. It would ensure understanding on our part. Getting all occult and subtle by tinkering with eclipses could easily be missed.

It's missed on Jupiter, Neptune, Saturn and Uranus. They have many eclipses, partial and total, due to the number of moons.

Some mysterious 'calling card' would be quite wonderful, but I don't think that the eclipse is one of them

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
That used to be one of my favourite arguments pro Creationism, because it always annoyed the heck out of people. Also how come there is so little dust on the moon....
Now I have come to believe, that the moon was placed there, probably not by the 'Almighty God(ess)' / 'The Creator of the Universe', but by the alien race (possibly even our (part-)ancestors) who made this planet inhabitable.

My argument would probably be the use of a moon, i.e. the tides etc. And also the possibility of being able to observe the creation, without interfering at all.

Definitely an interesting thought!

Blessings,
Samuel

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ratcals

Hi, ratcals and all.

Good info, man !

Just for precision, and
if you still can do it, check your age of the soler system,
and "edit" it in your message, please. B-)

Blue skies.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
As far as I know, no, it's just an interesting phenomenon. However, I've never specifically asked them, perhaps I will next time I make contact and I'll get back to you.

top topics

join