It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the End of The Internet? My View

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by alphabetaone

I agree with you in principle, I just don't think anything should be done about it. I will continue to try and find the best deals, and give business to the companies that provide me the best service.

What I worry about more than what you talk about is people trying to come around and force these things to not exist. Which then becomes a bunch of regulations and such, and that is what I see as the biggest threat to the internet as we know it. Because it's no secret who's going to get the regulations they want, and so forth and it's not the small businesses or general public.

I see people who want to force it so these things can't happen, but the actions they will be taking in the name of these "fears" will just play into the hands of the big businesses.

I'd much rather be saying - I remember a day when the day the fox news site was free, rather than saying - I remember the day when they had more than fox news on the internet.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

Oh, I wholeheartedly agree with that! God forbid the day when only ONE media outlet is available for all to see and ONLY one.

But think about that for a moment, given what you've said up to this point.

With the ability to charge outrageously (finding a good deal notwithstanding) there is bound to be pyramid upon pyramid of companies claiming to offer the "best" service, claiming to offer "the best information", unadulterated...and they will make a killing from it. So, I will have to depart from your fear of a Fox being the only outlet available, most especially when it is so financially feasible for it to be more than plentiful.

AB1

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Long before this happens, people will find a way to ad hoc the connection via wireless and everyone will then travel upon it no matter how the PTB try to stop us from communicating. Sure, it might slow down a bit and not be video intensive, but it will be there.

The PTB are also wanting to transfer data across power line and that will only give alternate access to those who are geek enough to enter. There is no end to it unless the power goes away, then you will see it only exist where people can produce their own power via PV or wind/water turbine powered.

It will never happen totally. Information always finds a way to emerge.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by xman_in_blackx

True, and that's a good point.

However, it only solves the issue of connectivity, but where is the information? Still being exploited via pay systems.

I think some confuse information with ability to connect.

I have no doubt about the longevity of connectivity, its the availability of information that concerns me. At least information as I've come to know and love it.

AB1

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I hope they dont censor the internet. This would be the end of freedom.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Surreal_Magi

I hope they dont censor the internet. This would be the end of freedom.

I'm going to take a stab in the dark here, go out on a limb, and say I'm sure that the vast majority of at LEAST the people on ATS would agree with that, if not most of the whole internet using community lol

AB1

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: stereovoyaged

I think I see what your getting at, but I can't see the "by the byte" kinda thing happening. The way media, file storage, online abillities, etc are going, the required bandwidth required for us to have and use even right now is incredible. Thats only gonna get bigger, I see and end to different "tiers" of internet. Its just gonna be all encompassing, everywhere, unlimited, never capped, exponentially bigger than anything we can imagine now.

I wonder if now, seven years later, do you still not see it happening? Especially when it's in full-swing and operational at precisely the levels I suggested it would be....internet microtransactions.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join