It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rupert Murdoch: "Internet Will Soon Be Over"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

www.prisonplanet.com

Billionaire media mogul Rupert Murdoch gave a strange response when asked about plans for mainstream news websites to charge for content, declaring, “The current days of the internet will soon be over.”

He was making reference to the fact that corporate media websites cannot continue to survive under their current failing business model.

The establishment media is dying and advertising revenue has plummeted as people turn to blogs and the alternative media for their news in an environment of corporate lies and spin.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Even if this DOES happen, why do i have the strange feeling that some hackers will create a new global internet network thing? And i have the feeling they would, i mean the Pentagon has been hacked 3 times now by hacker groups around the world, even a British man himself alone hacked the Pentagon, now he is in American prison i think. If that's possible, then my assumption is quite possible as well.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Well it hit the new today...I remember hearing about this last year also.
We will see what President Obama does with this...coming this October, 2009.

EU wants 'Internet G12' to Govern Cyberspace

www.abovetopsecret.com...

euobserver.com

The European Commission wants the US to dissolve all government links with the body that 'governs' the internet, replacing it with an international forum for discussing internet governance and online security.

The rules and decisions on key internet governance issues, such as the creation of top level domains (such .com and .eu) and managing the internet address system that ensures computers can connect to each other, are currently made by the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names Numbers.

The future of the internet, according to author and “web critic” Andrew Keen, will be monitored by “gatekeepers” to verify the accuracy of information posted on the web. The “Outlook 2009″ report from the November-December issue of The Futurist reports that,

“Internet entrepreneur Andrew Keen believes that the anonymity of today’s internet 2.0 will give way to a more open internet 3.0 in which third party gatekeepers monitor the information posted on Web sites to verify its accuracy.”

www.infowars.com...

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
And we will have to ensure that this does not happen, and stand up in great numbers to protect those who hack into and create the peoples free net. Protecting them is very important. You want to arrest him, arrest 10,000 million of us with him too then. As well, suffer to endure the citizens arrest of 10,000 million, hopefully a lot more at that.
We actually have to support each other to pull anything meaningful off!

[edit on 8-5-2009 by mystiq]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
The internet and the free flow of news information and opinion is the GREATEST threat of all to the elite and those in the highest positions of power over governments, nations and peoples.

To assume that they are not seeking ways to overhaul the internet in order to gain a sustainable level of control over it would be a dangerous assumption.

To assume that it can't be done, even more dangerous.

They want the internet to serve them as a vehicle of commerce adding their wealth, and thus their power, they want to remove the inherent threat that the internet is to their status and power.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish

To assume that they are not seeking ways to overhaul the internet in order to gain a sustainable level of control over it would be a dangerous assumption.

To assume that it can't be done, even more dangerous.

Exactly...I am having a real hard time understanding why anyone thinks they "cant" do just that! It is crystal clear not only "can" they do it...but they are planning on doing it! Proof is right here!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Why would ATS users think they "cant" For that matter, obviusly some users do think they "can't" . That is living in denial!

[edit on 8-5-2009 by burntheships]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
WE HAVE TO FIGHT AND STAND UP TO THESE TYRANTS!

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Very funny stuff...

Broken Economic model? HA

Who the Hell is going to pay to watch FOX?

They will never succeed in anything

what they will do is make ME allot of money as people turn to Free sources of Internet delivery that are of high quality

Bottom line, what the big networks produce is mostly crap anyway and full of lies when it's news...

They will never get a big win here not on any aspect of reigning in the net,

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by LyricusMagna

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

www.prisonplanet.com

Billionaire media mogul Rupert Murdoch gave a strange response when asked about plans for mainstream news websites to charge for content, declaring, “The current days of the internet will soon be over.”

He was making reference to the fact that corporate media websites cannot continue to survive under their current failing business model.

The establishment media is dying and advertising revenue has plummeted as people turn to blogs and the alternative media for their news in an environment of corporate lies and spin.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Even if this DOES happen, why do i have the strange feeling that some hackers will create a new global internet network thing? And i have the feeling they would, i mean the Pentagon has been hacked 3 times now by hacker groups around the world, even a British man himself alone hacked the Pentagon, now he is in American prison i think. If that's possible, then my assumption is quite possible as well.

You don';t "have" to have a huge mega corporation hosting your internet connections.

The internet did not start that way.

The biggest problem we had was the cost of long distance calls and download packets.

We don't need big business to keep the internet alive.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Murdoch owns Hulu, Myspace and just started an online Fox News community...his money says other wise...and many people are parsing his words.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
Who the Hell is going to pay to watch FOX?

They will never succeed in anything

what they will do is make ME allot of money as people turn to Free sources of Internet delivery that are of high quality

Bottom line, what the big networks produce is mostly crap anyway and full of lies when it's news...

They will never get a big win here not on any aspect of reigning in the net,

Fox's News rating makes even Comedy Central's look like a joke...and Fox itself is embedded in sports and now has tons of hit shows, because the took a chance...I mean FX and Fox are the same thing. They have House, Fringe, Family Guy, The Simpsons, 24...all HUGE hits. Fox has had more hits in the past 5 years than any other network aside from maybe CBS. Many people would pay for Fox. Of course Hulu is FREE...and guess who owns it...News Corp

[edit on 8-5-2009 by yellowcard]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
The OP is very misleading.

What Murdoch actually said was more and more people are turning to the internet for their news. He also said 'the trend isnt going to go away anytime soon', and that News Corporation needed to change with the times.

The claim he said 'the internet will soon be over' is just not true. He didnt say that at all. It is 'rumoured' News Corp is going to charge people to view news on their website. That is all. And as for that - I for one wont be paying to read their #ty tabloid.

Nothing to see here - Move along.

[edit on 8-5-2009 by Nonchalant]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Trying to distract from some disastrous quarterly results, Rupert Murdoch made headlines the other day by announcing that News Corp. would shortly begin to charge for access to its websites and that “the current days of the Internet will soon be over.”

www.newser.com...

Not the best second opinion available, but closer to the truth.

Murdoch is barking away his wishful thinking. You don't talk about changing stuff around; you just do it. Murdoch hates the Internet that he had to take a notice of. But he doesn't understand the Internet that well. That keeps him frustrated.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
reply to post by Tgautier13

here you go
www.cnn.com...

thread title is misleading I would agree

nontheless, when is this murdoch gonna finally croak!

It says that corporate media websites will charge users to access their sites (actually, many already do this), not that the Internet is going to be radically changed in such a way as to silence alternative sources.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidLight
I don't think the internet as we know it is going anywhere. As long as people can hook their computers together, then the internet is alive. As for corporate media website, they may go the way of the dodo, but I doubt anyone will notice.

- And what do you do about the government gateways? - Or are you talking about (Assuming you have the freedom to do so) bbringing your computer out in get togethers, in the park or something?

Well, so the alarm has been sounded... - EVERYONE: - While you still can, do some research & save the evidence to disk & CD. - THEN SPREAD THE WORD TO EVERYONE you see and meet...

They clearly have something to hide, as the net will be censored worldwide! THE TIME IS NOW!

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matt1978

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
reply to post by Tgautier13

It says that corporate media websites will charge users to access their sites (actually, many already do this), not that the Internet is going to be radically changed in such a way as to silence alternative sources.

Right, so everything is okay, right? WRONG.... If you were working thousands of years to incrimentally enslave the world forever by forming an actually desired world government, wouldn't you want to make sure the plan would work? I for one would have gotten rid of the net long ago.... The inbred elite are not as smart as they assume they are....

- Have you not heared though that Australia's internet censorship is now worse than china... - One day it was free, the next, no more...

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Time=Now

Originally posted by LiquidLight
I don't think the internet as we know it is going anywhere. As long as people can hook their computers together, then the internet is alive. As for corporate media website, they may go the way of the dodo, but I doubt anyone will notice.

- And what do you do about the government gateways? - Or are you talking about (Assuming you have the freedom to do so) bbringing your computer out in get togethers, in the park or something?

Well, so the alarm has been sounded... - EVERYONE: - While you still can, do some research & save the evidence to disk & CD. - THEN SPREAD THE WORD TO EVERYONE you see and meet...

They clearly have something to hide, as the net will be censored worldwide! THE TIME IS NOW!

Use the time to educated yourself and form hubs.

You don't need their sites.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join