It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rupert Murdoch: "Internet Will Soon Be Over"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidLight
I don't think the internet as we know it is going anywhere. As long as people can hook their computers together, then the internet is alive. As for corporate media website, they may go the way of the dodo, but I doubt anyone will notice.

I remember when online communications were between small groups of people who were exactly who the said they were. No bells. No whistles. Just international communication through university hubs.

My hangout was a little place called "The Well" until Q-Link came along.

Q-Link was ultimately bought out by AOL. That is when the bottom fell out of the boat and we have been sinking ever since.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
There is nothing radical about this, they are going back to the original format of the Internet when it was made widely available to the general public in the early 1990s. Back then you had to contract for both a dialup service provider and also have a billable account to which you debited each page you downloaded to read, usually on a credit card.

The big problem if that becomes the format is that is that a large percentage of readers will not pay for that kind of account, so it will be easier to obscure actual news content. The good thing is that a lot of junk internet sites will probably disappear, which will partially decrease issues with Internet overload.

I don't see it lasting, it will fluctuate again as subscriptions dwindle.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Murdoch's 5 minutes of glory are all gone. It's all over now baby blue. Right now, Internet is the biggest safety instrument of the PTB. If you destroy Internet, you will have 500 million very angry people out on the streets and not just shouting. Certain things will be rolling and dragging. If Murdoch and Rockyfella don't stop what they're doing, their own kind will take care of them.

What they are trying to do is criminalize everyone, like in the times of Prohibition. But this time it is going to be much worse, if they succeed. So, they will not be allowed to do it.

Already, there are new technologies, especially nano-carbom CNT technology, it will change everything and it will be impossible to reverse the network form of Internet back to some stupid pyramidal structure of their dreams

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Murdoch is an old-fashioned paper boy who has grown bitter after finding out that Internet investments don't smear exactly the way the broadsheet front pages do.

MySpace is regarded as one of Rupert Murdoch’s savviest buys. But the likelihood that the site, owned by the News Corporation, will renew its lucrative advertising contract with Google is dimming as it falls behind fast-growing Facebook, Breakingviews says.

That, it says, explains why a MySpace co-founder was replaced by a former Facebook executive last week.

Mr. Murdoch still looks savvy, the publication argues. He bought the social networking site for $580 million in 2005. It has brought in $1.6 billion in revenue since and earned some $200 million last year alone. But the bulk of that comes from the $900 million Google guarantees in revenue every year. That comes up for renewal next year and the odds of Google replicating its terms are slim, Breakingviews says.

The pact was signed at the height of the interest in Web 2.0. Google has since acknowledged the difficulty of generating revenue from social network advertising, the publication notes.

(excerpt clicked out free-of-charge from dealbook.blogs.nytimes.com... )

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
reply to post by Tgautier13

here you go
www.cnn.com...

thread title is misleading I would agree

nontheless, when is this murdoch gonna finally croak!

He won't. The b@$t@** is nearly immortal. all the money hemakes keeps him alive.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
A lot of very ignorant people spouting off here. Lots of disinformation and misinformation being regurgitated. Nothing new. People so enjoy prattling on about things they know little about.

In any case, Rupert has my permission to go slit his wrists. The only threats to the internet are ISP greed (antitrust and anti-cartel legislation) and DRM (think Motion Picture Association of America, Recording Industry Association of America and all the people and assholes they represent having the impudence to seek remuneration for watching their films, listening to their music and using their software).

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
what does he know??? He only thinks he knows what hes talking about.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

Interesting comments coming from one of the biggest leaguers of corpo-media rule...

Following senator Rockefeller's chilling innuendo's here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I can't say I would be the least bit surprised if the corpo media giants are figuring out a way to phase out the net as we know it into a new, tightly controlled version, i.e. "internet 2" where access to data becomes limited or PAY ONLY to get info other than the kool-aid brain-washing garbage spewed out by the likes of Murdoch's and other Elitists networks...

Another one to keep an eye on---They are busy scheming people...

www.prisonplanet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Too much is being read into these comments. Keep in mind it's the WORLD WIDE WEB, not the US web.
People are used to receiving content the way they want it and if that stops, they will stop using the internet and their plans to use it for gain would collapse. A good example is newspapers. People have changed the way THEY want to receive the news so those newspapers who don't change with what THE PEOPLE want, die out. This shows that the media does not control people but the other way around.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
This will not happen, unless a sudden EMP burst comes from the Sun, which in all likelyhood, will occur sometime during our lifetimes, The Sun has been recorded to be completely "Dormant" since the end of 2008...the last time a major EMP burst from the SUN occurred, was in the late 1800's...if this occurs again...you can count on at least a 2 year reprieve from convenient Power and the like....

Now...as far as the Internet is concerned...TPTB...originally intended on controlling the Masses via "Pay per View Websites"...but it was like a "Virus" that got out of control...Knowledge is Power...and this can never be suppressed...even if the Internet were to be shut down "Instantaneously"...there will always be those that are hungry for the "TRUTH"...regardless of the "Propaganda" being spread...

Far too many people have awakened to the facts and too many realize the "BullShiaate"...that we are being fed everyday...Swine Flu...LMAO...what a @#$#@$@# joke...no shiaaate...Two words...Colloidal Silver...and you live...if not...die in peace and happiness...

So...if you would like an endless power supply...and have "Wood" as your source for the "Power"...look into a "Wood Gasifier"...that turns Wood into readily burnable "Ethanol Gas"...can be used by all Gasoline Engines...

F#$#$#CK...ARAMCO...they want your hard earned dollars...this technology was used during WWII to power Cars, Planes, Homes and entire Cities...until ARAMCO...supplied us with a "Cheap Alternative"....

You Think the Saudi's have enough wood to fuel their hunger...I think not...they live in a "Desert" folks...wake up and smell the Fuel all around you for a change...

Look up the "Woody Gasifier" Technology...and you may become self reliant like I am...Via Satellite Internet...I am free of these f@#$ckers...and so can you...the power is "Within" and not "Without"....

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by kawz1
No need to worry folks. Murdoch and News Corp don't know a damn thing when it comes to the web. They are stuck in their "traditional media" states of mind. WSJ online does well because they are a niche periodical with a long tradition. General news will never attract a large enough audience in a pay-format.

They bought/overpaid for MySpace, thinking that they would be able to flip it into a billion dollar business. For whatever reason, they do not understand some of the principles of online advertising.

If FOX only grants paid members to access or distribute their online material, they will surely see their audience/traffic shrink. Their online website should be viewed as a courtesy, in an effort for consumer loyalty/retention, as opposed to a large source of revenue.

Teh interwebz is safe, friends.

My friend...you couldn't be more wrong. Here Senator Ted Stevens proves he knows what the internet is. THIS IS A MUST SEE! So you see we are all in real trouble here.

[edit on 7-5-2009 by sinister_scarecrow]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Keep their media news internal who cares.

The net is for conspiracy news.

The net will be integrated into TV soon with interactive
sets, so Rupert you will find out how the Illuminati works.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
and ANOTHER bait & switch headline. 2 lines.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I take these statements as a good sign. The explosion of the democratic media in recent years shows just how lousy of a job they are doing

The corporate media bubble is bursting. The idea of unbiased fact-based journalism is seemingly lost to them so that's why forums and blogs have to pick up the slack.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by LiquidLight

I do not think old Rupert believes that the internet is going away, but the way we obtain our news is....I have always been a big reader of the morning newspaper but over the past couple of years I am finding the paper out of date as I have been able to read the news the day before....If we all move away from newspapers how do groups like News Corp keep their revenue streams going...only way is to charge the consumer for the right to view online news stories.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
The internet was an unknown variable; a curve ball, totally unexpected. The Chinese, who have a civilization our bureaucrats so admire, have managed to restrict and shut down disagreeable websites. They do already control the content. Now, they are not nearly as big as far as computers and computer access, but they are rapidly getting there. If they dislike a site, they can shut the site down, seemingly like our sites suddenly go down. Which, incidentally, is often those same Chinese. The hackers are now folk heroes in China. And they manage to hack into DoD and Whitehouse computers, and could potentially turn off all our electricity and water. A lot of people here are worried sick about it, trying to counter it. But what I am saying is that if the Communists can do it in their own country, or to specific targets here, that naturally means that our owners could also do that to us, but not be so blatant about it.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Mr. Shriveled Old Man can charge for access to his slanted crap all he wants, that doesn't automatically stop everyone else's web sites from being free.

Let him make his web sites pay sites... see how long he stays a billionaire.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Anyone who would pay to read their garbage has an IQ problem.

They aren't the only gig in town. There are other ways of accessing news.
I don't see how they in good conscience can ask people to pay for something that they just lift off reuters anyway.

The days of good old fashioned hard cutting journalism in mainstream news is over.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
All well and good for the internet that we know and love, but come a day when new technology emerges that leaves this form of medium stone cold dead in its tracks, and we are in trouble!

This is where the future is, and as technology advances, I wouldn't be surprised if the net as we know it, will become obsolete.
Of coarse right now in its current phase, no one can imagine that scenario, simply because the tech is missing. But once someone or some corporation comes up with a new technology, or a new system that leaves our current form obsolete, the rules will change, and control will be back in the hands of the controllers.

Let your imagination run wild. Full holographic 3-D visuals, the news, information life size right in front of your eyes. So real you can almost reach out and touch it.
Leaving our current form of 2-D visuals dead and buried. No keyboard or mouse needed to navigate, thought controlled access to programs, entertainment taken to unseen levels ....

Of coarse to experience this wonderful new frontier, you'll have to upgrade and do away with the old to embrace the new. No access for you on first gen systems, first gen net. If you want to GOOD stuff, you gotta hook into the corporate controlled version. This of coarse will start off 'free' and easy.
Have everyone excited and prepared to give away the old systems, and slowly over time the squeeze will begin, and before you know it, everything will be controlled and censored according to the controllers wishes.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Here is the official website for the Internet 2.
www.internet2.org...

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
He's most likely talking about news websites, starting to make people subscribe like itunes. The internet as a hole is fine...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join