It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico May Get Chrysler Jobs (after bailout)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   

"The American taxpayers are helping the survival of a company and then to see that our taxpayer money is going to shift jobs to Mexico". State Rep Peter Barca

I think a comparison to this is the classic

"Dine and Dash"

Union officials and Politicians believe Chrysler is shifting work to Mexico that has slated to Kenosha

So after being bailed out , Chrysler is looking towards the south, where wages

and benefits packages are miniscule in comparison.

www.todaystmj4.com...

[edit on 7-5-2009 by Seany]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Is there nothing that can be done? My god we pour money into the coffers of these corporate bastards and they take the jobs to Mexico???? I guess the NAU is in full effect. How nice that our long term debt will help other nations and leave American workers out in the cold again!

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by redhead57

Looking at the Breaking news on the TV at the moment and its reporting that

GM lost 6 BILLION , I think this will be the tip of the ice berg

Mexico will get the Industrial jobs, and the US will get to work

at Taco Bell

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
And don't forget... TAXES. I find it interesting that you'd talk about lower wages and benefits but neglect the real reason - government TAXES. The current corporate tax rate in the U.S. is.... ready?..... 40%.

We'll see more and more of this unfortunately. The U.S. is just too expensive for corporations to survive much longer... and it's getting more and more expensive for them.

All this spending, coupled with unemployment increases and the popular taxing of the evil corporations ensures that this will happen. They'd be stupid NOT to move operations. Obama's policies are RUINING our chances of recovery.

This article has some good statistics: Mexico Tops Study On Corporate Tax Burden Among 10 Western Countries

A study by the global auditing company KPMG LLP said Mexico has the lowest corporate tax burden among 10 Western nations. Mexico was followed by the Netherlands. Canada, Australia and the U.S. The audit firm computed the total tax index using the U.S. as the benchmark with a score of 100. Canada's total tax index was 78.8, the Netherlands had 78.3 and Mexico scored 70.2. Aside from corporate income tax rates, the study also included levies on goods, property, capital, labor and local taxes. On the bottom five after the U.S. were Japan, Germany, Britain, Italy and France. Canada's good rating is a result of recent innovations introduced by the Harper government, including the 2006 elimination of the federal capital tax, and this year's reduction of the corporate income tax rate to 19.5 percent from 21 percent. By 2012 this rate will be cut to 15 percent.

[edit on 7/5/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
i build automation machine and robot welding lines for the big three and i will say that every chrysler job that i have worked on for the last year and a half has gone to mexico. i spent five years building assy lines for ford truck frames that went to kentucky and several gm jobs most went to canada. i got called back a week ago worked all week and chrysler canned the job again. i have changed my career five times and it's because our corporations send all the manufacturing out of the country to china so we won't have any manufacturing to keep food on our plates. i am non union and i had to take a manditory 10 percent pay cut and gas is going up again falsely. i drive over 65 miles to detroit to work because the industry in my county has been shipped to china. i can't live decently now nor have i been able to since 911. so i feel triplely punnished for something i didn't do or cause.but the greedy bankers and stock brokers and crooked politicians live like kings for stealing. i thought we had real laws for this!!!!!!!! ha ha ha! our leaders should all and i mean all of them should go to jail for allowing this to happen! i didn't cause this but i have to pay the sentance! bullshat! nor more money here and they won't get anymore from me and they arn't going to endebt me anymore!

[edit on 7-5-2009 by bluewaterservant]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Looks to me the government is trying to squeeze every penny out of the American manufactuers. Causing them to go bankrupt or forcing them to go overseas. If our automakers start moving their jobs overseas we our going to see a pretty big downward spiral in our domestic revenue.

Let's see, we keep spending money like there is no tomorrow and we keep sending our jobs overseas. So, how in the world our we going to pay our tillion dollars debt? Face it, there is no way we can pay off our debt causing the American dollar to hyperinflate. Hope everyone is ready for another Great Depression.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
And don't forget... TAXES. I find it interesting that you'd talk about lower wages and benefits but neglect the real reason - government TAXES. The current corporate tax rate in the U.S. is.... ready?..... 40%.

We'll see more and more of this unfortunately. The U.S. is just too expensive for corporations to survive much longer... and it's getting more and more expensive for them.

All this spending, coupled with unemployment increases and the popular taxing of the evil corporations ensures that this will happen. They'd be stupid NOT to move operations. Obama's policies are RUINING our chances of recovery.

This article has some good statistics: Mexico Tops Study On Corporate Tax Burden Among 10 Western Countries

A study by the global auditing company KPMG LLP said Mexico has the lowest corporate tax burden among 10 Western nations. Mexico was followed by the Netherlands. Canada, Australia and the U.S. The audit firm computed the total tax index using the U.S. as the benchmark with a score of 100. Canada's total tax index was 78.8, the Netherlands had 78.3 and Mexico scored 70.2. Aside from corporate income tax rates, the study also included levies on goods, property, capital, labor and local taxes. On the bottom five after the U.S. were Japan, Germany, Britain, Italy and France. Canada's good rating is a result of recent innovations introduced by the Harper government, including the 2006 elimination of the federal capital tax, and this year's reduction of the corporate income tax rate to 19.5 percent from 21 percent. By 2012 this rate will be cut to 15 percent.

[edit on 7/5/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

WELL SAID

Star for you

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I thought that Chrysler was going to be 55% owned by the unions.

Can't they stop jobs from leaving the country when they have control?

new topics

top topics

join