It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do UFOs fly so close?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Why do UFOs fly so close? With our technology we can read a license plate from space. Certainly, anyone with the technology to fly to another solar system wouldn't need to enter our atmospere to observe us. Maybe they are dropping or picking up stuff? I don't know, but I'm curious what everyone else thinks. I was just looking at some UFO pics and that question popped into my head.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 12:11 AM
link   
That is a good point. However, perhaps they are not aliens... Sticking with the alien idea though, it could be that we are ALWAYS being watched from far away. Maybe when they appear so close is to observe theire reaction to us. There are many on these forums who believe that we are being prepared for an invasion/introduction of these beings. I still say aliens are mistaken aircraft or a paranormal event (Demons, etc., but that's for another time).

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 12:12 AM
link   
maybe they are tailing some other craft- sort of like when you're on the highway, and the old lady in front of you is doing 20 MPH in a 60 MPH zone, so you start to inch closer and closer until you are bumber to bumper- except that the spacecraft are so advanced, that the closest they can get is a few 100 feet.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Any intelligently controlled vehicle that comes into view of other intelligent creatures obviously wants to make itself known to its observers in some fashion. Otherwise, it would take all efforts to hide itself, which is not the case with UFO sighting reports.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
If we look at it from our point of view:
Just like in the wild people try to interact and study things that are unknown or known, but want to know what they are and how they work better. From a distance you can only see certain things, granted they mught have different technology, but its still the same idea. As i was saying, in the wild lets say you come across a tiger. Now lets also assume that you have never seen one before. You may start looking at it from a distance, but eventually you will want to get closer...for a few reasons. 1) You would want to see how it interacts with you 2)Friendly? Hostile? 3) just to get closer and learn more... etc... Hopefully iv explained my theory enouph and people understand what im talking about? lol

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Uhhh! How about low, very low, cleavage? You know, intergallactic travel takes time, a lot of time!

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Nah they just like showing off their multi light speed multi dimentional crafts

Like a guy with a lambagenie in a town full of old style cars

we will be the ones laughing and showing off when they start getting UFO-Jacked and have to pay for the insurance as they arnt covered for universal or planetery theft

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I like the idea of cleavage! Why? Well first, I like CLEAVAGE!

Next - Cleavage is, well nice, really nice!!!

And then: Since cleavage is so, well nice!!!!, it's also really distracting!!!

So, with all this, does anyone wonder why UFO's fly low!

My God! When are we going to get to post 500,000 tonight? I think we're going to see some of the silliest posts ever!

[Edited on 27-4-2004 by CommonSense]

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
i would have to say, its either a warning, or as some say some sort of invasion, or maybe even trying to show have the human race be aware of their existence,

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I think the government does not want us to know. I do not think the UFOs are aliens. I believe these UFOs are government projects. The US is very secure about their military strategies and equipment

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I've said it before but I'll say it again with documents I have read it has said that everytime the goverment does something the Aliens don't like or don't want to happen then they make themselves seen to the public on purpose. Also if the goverment doesn't state there existance then get themselves seen more and more until they reveal themselves....I read something that said sightings have increased lately

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by curme
Why do UFOs fly so close? With our technology we can read a license plate from space. Certainly, anyone with the technology to fly to another solar system wouldn't need to enter our atmospere to observe us. Maybe they are dropping or picking up stuff? I don't know, but I'm curious what everyone else thinks. I was just looking at some UFO pics and that question popped into my head.
They want some of us to know they are here. They are aware now that our leaders will not tell us so they make their presense known in other ways to a select few.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mikomi
I've said it before but I'll say it again with documents I have read it has said that everytime the goverment does something the Aliens don't like or don't want to happen then they make themselves seen to the public on purpose. Also if the goverment doesn't state there existance then get themselves seen more and more until they reveal themselves....I read something that said sightings have increased lately

I borrowed your post Mikomi and put it on the submitted ATSSN article here :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The two sort of tie in together,

apparenlty UFO's have been spotted in and around Iraq and I saw your post about, when we do something they don't like they come in for a viewing or two...

I just thought these two should be linked up.

Maybe the Aliens are upset with the war in Iraq and are coming in again... ???

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
Maybe the Aliens are upset with the war in Iraq and are coming in again... ???
Aliens are dropping through because they are upset with the war in Iraq? Where were they when Saddam was having hundreds of women and little girls raped, families tortured in front of each other and villages murdered by chemical weapons?

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Why not?
If aliens are any thing like us than they would want to get a close up look of us.
Its called curiosity.
And to interact with us is another thing that they cant do without actually coming here.

Anyway, if the theory are true that aliens are here to get samples of DNA from people, than the only way to do that would be to fly across space and come to earth.

[Edited on 29-4-2004 by Eternal]

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Sure, we can read a license plate from space, we have the technology to do it obviously but let's just say you wanted to go on a vacation to an area you havent been to say Hawaii or Florida, wouldn't it be more fun to do it in person as opposed to snapping pictures from space? It's obvious, they are on vacation from whatever planet theyre from, and they are here flying from one area to another using probes to snap pictures and home movies to show their families where they went on christmas vacation. They can't get out and shake hands with us, because we will kill them, take their heads off via taxidermist, hang their heads on the wall and brag over a can of beer how we heroically caught them with an m-21 sniper rifle with a foggy scope. So while here, they have to snatch people up and (because of the short time and long trip back) they have to get to know us as quick and intimately as they know how before returning home...............by rectally probing us with a titanium, piston-actioned, professional baseball bat sized handshake of their own. That's why,.......just on vacation.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 04:38 AM
link   
this are all good Points,

There might be Different reasons why they fly so close or even land on earth.
They might not like what we are doing on earth and show themselves more on those occasions, or they might just want to see more closely what we are doing, or capture life examples from those places.
(are there any known missing people/killed animals whatever in this places?)

They might just slowly reveal themselves, so that we are 'more' prepared once they land and officially greet us (either in good way or bad ones)

Or maybe they just want to take a few close up photo shots of events on earth.

Wolve

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
i think personally that aliens have to get close to us, because they can definately see us from space, but if they try to "pick us up" from there, our bodies would dissinigrate as soon as we started leaving earth's atmosphere. so, they cautiously get really low, and abduct somebody, without inital harm to our fragile bodies. that way they can study us with no harm done. would you want to study something that was hurt, or in perfect conition?

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Well they mush be traveling pretty fast to cover all that distance so I would have to say bad breaks.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Aliens flying so close may be rogue angels being kicked out of heaven like the bible suggests in revelations.
Here on earth they have minimal angelic powers, but you know they are much more intelligent than we are just by default. Having only minimal power in an unangelic realm, they would have to have craft to get from up there to down here (earth), being of a more intelligent mind, these craft would do impressive things and fly impressive manuevers. Why here? Because the devil is still in charge of the earth as God has appointed him and is until judgement.The devils minions could just be fooling everyone into believing in aliens and UFO craft by taking the shape of these (non-threatening) little green men who fly this amazing craft of great technological feats just to take your mind off of God, Jesus and what the bible says, to make one think of things like the Bible doesn't mention ufo's so therefore its void of all validity. Not so, the devils number one tactic is to fool mankind and to take his focus off of god and onto him, and if the focus isn't on him.....it's acceptable enough that it's not on god,.....but on ufo's and aliens. The best trick the devil ever concocted was to make men believe he doesn't even exist, thereby allowing us to indulge in all humanly lusts without fear of reprisal. Before bashing my theory and calling me a bible thumper, just know that I do believe in God and Jesus and the bible, but I'm no thumper.......this is just a twist to an already inconclusive theory-based conversational piece, that of ufo's flying around on earth. Keep in mind, while in space there were a number of russian cosmonauts that claimed to see angelic beings close to earth's atmosphere. Just another thought.

new topics

top topics

join