It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine flu - early caught maybe protected

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Think i've read a thread on this subject before here on ATS and now scientist seem to back that theory up. So, i guess, good news for those who caught a mild version of mutated flu - a/h1n1 this spring, you might be protected this fall.

The global outbreak of swine flu hovering just below the pandemic threshold could provide immunity for those already infected if the virus mutates into a more deadly form, scientists have told AFP.

Source: Phys.org

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Yes, I've thought about this several times myself. It does seem like good news unless, of course, it mutates further. Then, all bets are off.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I personally don't think it would offer much immunity as if it comes back in a second wave and has mutated then you won't get much protection from it due to its mutation and the way its changed, but it may give you a little immunity.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I'm unsure if this is the correct thread on which to post this, so if not, please forgive me. Seems Canada is ready and willing to put into effect a full quarantine, if required, not unlike the Chinese response. Does anyone here live in Canada or know anything about this? They've announced they've nearly got a vaccine to H1N1 (which might not be the primary pathogen); they announced they might withhold anti-virals (I don't live there and would not take them in any event....) and now they are discussing a full quarantine. One person has died there (reportedly). Are there more deaths being hidden under the aegis of pneumonia? etc.? If Canada follows this path- will the US?- will the CDC ask WHO to do the same? I was under the impression everyone wanted to "wait and see" how the S. Hemishpere fared in the winter months, but it seems there's an urgency here that belies that. Thoughts?
www.cbc.ca...

new topics

top topics

join