It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hacker claims to hold 8M patients’ prescription records for ransom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   

The FBI and Virginia State Police are investigating the potential breach of more than 8 million patient’s medical prescription records after a hacker broke into a commonwealth Web site and posted a ransom note demanding $10 million for the data’s safe return.Officials at the Department of Health Professions, which oversees the potentially breached Prescription Monitoring Program, skirted questions about the hacker’s claims Tuesday.

When asked whether millions of Virginians should be worried whether data regarding what prescription medications they take is secure, department Director Sandra Whitley Ryals told The Examiner: “We have no confirmation that the information is anything but safe,” and declined to comment further, citing the ongoing criminal investigation.

RANSOM NOTE

www.washingtonexaminer.com...]Link to Story

You think they going to pay up?

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
IMO this is only a small glimpse of the future if the government runs our health care system. If the US cant keep our nuclear secrets from the hands of the enemy, I know darn well my info isnt as secure.

I say pay this guy and. You can always catch him later. Fixing this problems is going to cost a lot more.

[edit on 7-5-2009 by Master_Wii]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
this has nothing to do with medical records and everything to do with giving a reason to close the net and start a new censored one

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

What I'm concerned about is what if the dont pay. Could someone die because of this withheld information? Should'nt there be a off site backup location, for situations like this?

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

already posted here

beat ya to it LOL

top topics

join