It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What ATS is...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by The Nighthawk

Wow, that blew my illusion all to Hell. I guess it's in the eye of the beholder.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
: I still recognize that sometimes the same user answer some posts..

I am not long here at ATS, but i found out that you people here know more things as other out there. You are great to bring news from all over the world together, and you all make wonderfull threads. With many details, pics, clips etc..
I found out, that if somebody has a question, landed here and asked, there are people who can answer those. Going into details. Explaining the answers and sometimes also say no, wrong point..

I found "the piece of puzzle"

so,
ATS is simple ATS,
Those who are able to see, see.
Those who not.. never enter in here guess..

Nia Wind

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

It's a place for people who obviously failed to grasp grade-school science can come ...

I've notcied this !!!

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Great post Infinite, you make a valiant point.

He's right we are a community and must work together to allow this place to grow with more solid information as well as evolve into a better platform with more outlets to express ourselves.

~Keeper

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by visible_villain

It's a place for people who obviously failed to grasp grade-school science can come ...

I've notcied this !!!

And don't forget, it is also a place for those who do firmly grasp the understanding of science they had in grade school, and still have today - because it's obviously the only right science...

Seriously everyone, keep an open mind and a sense of humor, respect each other, and don't be afraid to express yourself. If those fundamentals are there, the structure is sound, and second-guessing trends or cultures is useless and unnecessary.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
ATS is like a dumpster.. ya never know what you're gonna get.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

You asked :
What ATS is...

I've been here a few months now, and have been trying to answer this same question myself.

Part of this 'inquiry' involved a 'demographic analysis' of a recent thread which played out here in the 'Board Business' forum.

What follows is the 'distribution' of 'join-date' for all of the 214 different 'regular members' who participated in the discussion. Principals ( the 'owners', ahem ... ) and both catagories of 'mods' were excluded from the sample.

Also excluded were two 'pretty new' members, who, as it turned out had 'plenty to say,' but were both subsequently banned sometime before the thread was 'officially closed.'

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/092117301116.jpg[/atsimg]
One of the questions I was trying to answer was -

How interested is the membership in participating in policymaking discussions, especially when that input has been directly requested, and further what is the 'spread' of participation in terms of 'membership longevity' on the site.

I was pretty favorably impressed by the very wide range of 'join dates'.

At the risk of appearing to 'suck up' ( something in my wildest nighmares I would never willingly invite ), I must say, IMHO, based on these data, the 'management' around here is really, actually trying to do a 'good job' for the membership, and the membership, in it's turn is doing their 'level best' to 'pitch in' as well, by meeting management 'half-way' ...

Seems like a 'win-win' to me, and it seems like 'good stuff,' as well ...

In summary, beneath all the 'surface turbulance,' ATS seems to be a lot less 'dysfunctional' than it would seem at 'first glance.'

Just my 'two cents' ...

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
We definitely make ATS what it is and we are a community....a diverse and wonderful community who could achieve great things and help each other a lot if we work together.

And the odd poke in the eye and clip round the ear...but that's life, roll with it, sulk in the corner or stamp your feet. With a little hindsight, ATS can be a useful mirror too. I delete more frequently before hitting the "reply" button now.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join