It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gates: US Troops Won't Fight in Pakistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Gates: US Troops Won't Fight in Pakistan

www.military.com

CAMP LEATHERNECK, Afghanistan -- There are no plans to deploy U.S. ground troops to Pakistan, U.S. Defense Secretary Robert Gates said today, despite concerns over increasing violence between Pakistani troops and Taliban militants.

Speaking to about 300 Marines at Camp Leatherneck in southern Afghanistan on Thursday, Gates assured them that they wouldn't be fighting in the neighboring sovereign nation.

During a 12-minute question-and-answer session in sweltering heat, Gates told a sergeant he didn't have to "worry about going to Pakistan."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Well, there you have it straight from the horse’s mouth. Defense Secretary Gates says U.S. Troops won’t be going in on the ground in Afghanistan.

Now how is he saying it, and why is he saying it.

By how, I mean to question just upon whose authority he is saying it, and just how much authority does he have. Defense Secretary Gates is a hold over from the previous Administration. Is he speaking as a member of the U.S. Government or as a member of the Shadow Government? If he is speaking as a member of the U.S. Government when last I checked only the President of the United States has the authority invested in him by the Constitution to ask the United States Congress for a Declaration of War, that when last I checked only Congress can constitutionally grant.

Is he presumably speaking with foreknowledge of the President’s on privately stated plans to stay our of a ground war in Pakistan, though he does not site that as a source for his definitive statement. Or like Eisenhower is he the Political General seeking to ease his beloved troops worry in a war zone, and essentially telling them what he imagines they want to hear? Could President Obama be so dead set against widening this war that no matter what happens within Pakistan he resolutely resolved to not react to it though a violent reprisal or act? Or could it be Defense Secretary of Gates is simply sending out a false signal to be heard by the Pakistanis that there will be no invasion or assault while quietly the logistics of such an action are being worked out? Or could Defense Secretary Gates be a member of the rumored Shadow Government many Americans and people throughout the world fear might exist who is invested with discretionary authority on their behalf to conduct all Military Policy including which countries the United States will attack? Or is he speaking on behalf of the Shadow Government.

The war drums have been beating loudly as of late in regards to Pakistan…I have to wonder about this article.

Anyone else have thoughts to share?

www.military.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

join