It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone heard of 'Ben Hammott' & the Templar Knight Tomb discovery?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Hey people,

(Sorry if this is in the wrong area - mods, please relocate if need be).

This wasn't meant to be a thread for stars & flags and such -- I just genuinely want to know if anyone on here has heard of this chap, Ben Hammott and if so, what they think of him and his claimed discovery of a Templar Knight's tomb.

I did a search on ATS and couldn't find any mention to his name so I'm guessing he's either just not mainstream or quite possibly, so blatently fake that the more discerning ATSers know to steer clear

Anyhow, as a brief background :

Ben Hammott claims that, based on 'clues' he researched & discovered in and around the 'Rennes-le-Château' medieval castle in southwestern France (I hate Wikipedia for due to my own lazyness - link), he was able to locate a previously unknown Templar Knight's tomb.

Now, his site has numerous references to Mary Magdalene and that the tomb *might* be hers (doubtful) - but I think the assumptions are only because of the Castle's links to her and her name.

Anyhow, what i simply cannot fathom is, if this is so important and so genuine, then why hasn't he had proper authorities or archeologists come to authenticate or excavate and preserve? Or why hasn't this been on the news, etc. Instead, from what i could tell, he's happy to keep it hidden and use it for his own ££ gain. So maybe that's answer enough.

Anyhow, I would be interested in hearing what other people know of this. Only came across it a few days ago and was sifting from page to page thinking, "This is just a home made version of the Da Vinci Code

[edit on 7-5-2009 by noonebutme]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Ok first off its not going to be in the news since if this is really Mary Magdalene and if the remains of Jesus are really in that village in France the Vatican will kill everyone who tries to get it out in the open. It would basicly refute the bible and make the Vatican seem like 2000 year old liars, which they are anyway but ok.

I already researched this a couple of months ago, there are some good documentaries on this subject. It is also basicly what the Da Vinci dealt with if Im not mistaken.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SamSimonSam

Well, I had that mindset as well. *If* what this chap claims is true, then yes -- quite devastating to many institutions. Of course, they [said institutions] could try to embrace it and roll with it. But people in power do love their power and are usually quite adamant against relinquishing it.

And this worrying thing is, I *want* this to be real. Which essentially should remove me from any form of rational evaluation on his claims as I'm only going to be biased and see what I want to see.

Either way, the website was an interesting read and his "clues" trail was very fun to follow. But it just feels so... I dunno.. 'made up'. I'm not saying it is made up but how often do you get these sort of film-style clue trails in the real world?

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
weee bumping an old thread. I did a search for this and you are the only one posting about it. I find this strange. Why aren't more people curious about the Da Vinci Code and the things they bring up?

Anyways, i came here to find out what peoples thoughts on him too. It seems too good to be true, everything he talks about, from finding the notes of Sauniere to the body of Mary.

Honestly i don't think we are going to find out the truth of this and it sounds like a hoax, sadly

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I just watched the movie Ben Hammott was in called "Bloodline". I am shocked at what i saw, this is either the greatest hoax in the history of hoax's or they found something really amazing. Has anyone watched this movie and wants to discuss this with me?!?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
There was a movie that played in fine artsy theaters last year on this very discovery. Sorry don't remember the name. But the movie covered it pretty well and is worth watching.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
If you can find the name of the movie that would be great.

If anyone is interested in the history of the Templars in France, this is a must see movie. If anyone thinks that Jesus and Mary could have come to France, you must watch this movie.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ReelView

are you referring to the movie Bloodline, or is there another movie out there about all this that I have not heard about.
?I find it strange that nothing more has been heard about this discovery . What are the French authorities doing about it? anyone know???????

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by noonebutme

Hi,
I saw the Bloodline movie a few weeks ago and the best bits were when Hammott started solving the clues in the French church. But it all seemed a bit suspect to be the way he quickly unraveled the clues to find the things he did. However, I was intrigued enough to some research and after reading some good reviews about his book on the subject, I bought his book Lost Tomb of the Knights Templar from his website www.benhammott.com...
I must admit I really enjoyed the book, it is very funny in places and written in a style that draws you in gives the impression you are on his journey with him. It also makes clear what really happened and when. In Bloodline it seems Hammott found everything in a very short space of time, when in fact it happened over many years.
If you are at all interested in this subject, or just like a good funny read, you won't go wrong by reading Hammott's book. There are also some preview chapters to read on his website.
As for the Tomb he found, he is in talk with the French DRAC to get permission for an excavation, seems to me the French are not to keen for it to go ahead at the moment. Perhaps because it was found by an Englishman or because of the possible sensitive nature of the person inside. Time will tell I suppose.
There were a couple of threads covering this topic so I replied the same to both, hope that is OK? Ed

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
He has done some amazing research, i have a few of his books because of the great detail in the photos. He has gone through the church and photographed EVERYTHING.

Also in the bloodlines movie they show the secret underground

at 5:30 they are seen inside the church at Rennes le Chateau and the guy shows the secret door inside a wardrobe that leads to a small room with sealed brick wall that leads to the crypt.

I really wonder what is down there.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Beast you and I are meeting again!
I read about the Bloodline movie prior to its debut on the producers website. I was lead there by a site called Society Perrilos. Which is a French site devoted to the entire RLC mystery and the surrounding area. Google this site and set aside a goodly amount of time to read it. You will learn that there is more to the mystery than JUST RLC. As far as Ben Hammot goes I think he is being truthful. I think the finding of the tomb was indeed real. Now does that mean that the body inside is someone ground shattering important? No it could just verywell be a Templar Knight of some importance.I think Ben himself has at least refrained from making such a sensational claim as it being Mary or Jesus. I have followed this for some time but I had not been to his site in about a year until your last thread about templars. I see he now has a number of books for sale but i did not see anything tha tlead me to believe he was pushing this to be an epic find in terms of Christianity. Epic for the RLC mystery yes. I do think there are many people who do not want this tomb to be opened.
If it is a giant hoax then its very well done and I suspect that if it were indeed a hoax he would be opening the tomb and professing to have discovered the bones of Jesus's son or something like that. He does not strike me as being very sensationalistic.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
One of these times I'm going to go to Rennes le Chateau, but this year I'm going over France and heading to Eastern Europe for some fun.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dragoon01
Beast you and I are meeting again!
I read about the Bloodline movie prior to its debut on the producers website. I was lead there by a site called Society Perrilos. Which is a French site devoted to the entire RLC mystery and the surrounding area. Google this site and set aside a goodly amount of time to read it. You will learn that there is more to the mystery than JUST RLC. As far as Ben Hammot goes I think he is being truthful. I think the finding of the tomb was indeed real. Now does that mean that the body inside is someone ground shattering important? No it could just verywell be a Templar Knight of some importance.I think Ben himself has at least refrained from making such a sensational claim as it being Mary or Jesus. I have followed this for some time but I had not been to his site in about a year until your last thread about templars. I see he now has a number of books for sale but i did not see anything tha tlead me to believe he was pushing this to be an epic find in terms of Christianity. Epic for the RLC mystery yes. I do think there are many people who do not want this tomb to be opened.
If it is a giant hoax then its very well done and I suspect that if it were indeed a hoax he would be opening the tomb and professing to have discovered the bones of Jesus's son or something like that. He does not strike me as being very sensationalistic.

Nice to see you dragon! Yeah i'm beginning to think that it probably isn't mary or jesus down there, but probably a templar. That finding was amazing. I forgot now, but didn't he take some hair up from the mummy?!?! Weren't there studies on this?

Also, the other amazing thing.. the mummies hand position over it's chest matches mary magadalne exactly in the church.

Here is a picture of Mary at the church with folded hands, by a skull and cross

www.benhammott.com...

I can't find a picture of the mummies hands, but they are just like that. This is one of the main reasons i don't think Ben could be making any of this up.. i doubt he would find a mummy somewhere and bury it somewhere in that area.. i mean it's possible but i highly doubt it. I guess it could be a completely staged room, and it is almost perfect so it could have been. I just can't believe more people aren't talking about it.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason
One of these times I'm going to go to Rennes le Chateau, but this year I'm going over France and heading to Eastern Europe for some fun.

I really want to visit also. I saw Ben Hammott offers RLC tours but they are $2500.. so tempting.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by noonebutme

Went fishing in the threads and found this, well worth the line and the bait (smelt). Does anyone have any updates on this??? Thanks.

And I really like the Edgar Cayce avatar, I wasn't here when the user was around and can't recall seeing it before. That user must be sleeping somewhere, peeking into other people's bodies and such.

edit on 9-1-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join