It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unexplained Mysteries On The Moon And Mars! An Alien Connection?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude
These are not geodesic domes built in the middle of a crater. They are part of the impact crater. Many times impact craters have a section like this in the center.

So you don't agree with bigfatfurrytexan about the possibility that these are actually produced by a massive electric discharge - as per the electric universe model?

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I agree with Nopa Top, it's easy to see structures
that we could recognise on poor quality images.
But if you were humans putting bases on these
planets, wouldn't you:
A- not let anyone photograph the places that
you've secreted, or a t least make sure the probe
didn't go near them?
B- make the structures unlike earth buildings and
put them beneath the surface?

I don't have all the answers, but this sounds like
a children's Si-Fi series.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

If you notice, I have addressed specific images. The thing is that the latest flurry falls into the same category; over-zoomed, and over processed images.

[edit on 5/8/2009 by Phage]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

You are correct Phage, whether I wanted to or
was already convinced that the Moon or Mars
were bases, poor quality photographs are NOT
the way to convince others.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Electric Universe Model
Now I know you were kidding. You got to be pulling my leg. That must be one heck of a wall socket.

That is a good one, but this guy has a better one.
ats link

[edit on 8-5-2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by donhuangenaro
well, considering the craters with domes on Mars, it seems that explanation could be very simple, and it comes from laboratory experiments by Dr. C. J. Ransom

thunderbolts.info

below are photos of craters with domes on Mars
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/564bdeffd712.jpg[/atsimg]

and here below are results of laboratory experiments with electric discharges
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4d571bccea2e.jpg[/atsimg]

see any similarities?

Wow donhuangenaro!

That is an excellent comparison set featuring mars craters and the results pf electric discharge on an iron-containing medium.

...Imagine the scale of discharge required to produce spheroids of the size seen in the martian craters

Nice work!

[edit on 8-5-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Regarding this image you posted:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/72051cab0692.jpg[/atsimg]

I always like to know the source for information posted here on ATS, and I know I am not the only one, so I did a search for it. It seems the image is created by a guy called Christopher Joseph:

3D rendering of crop from M1501228a by Chris Joseph
(C) 2001 Christopher Joseph and Danger Zone! Productions

"Danger Zone! Productions" have also made another crop of the larger image M1501228a:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f5bdd2a83324.jpg[/atsimg]

Image Enhancements by Kevin Klettke and Eric C. Lausch
Colorization by Keith Laney
(C) 2001 Danger Zone! Productions

www.geocities.com...

So I guess I will stick to the image of the "golf ball" that ArMaP provided...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
(Chuckle... no offense) So now Harry from
Harry and The Hendersons has his face emblazoned
on the surface of the Moon!?

Whatever next?... The Beast from Beauty and The Beast?
(not Linda Hamilton, I adore her)

[edit on 8-5-2009 by A boy in a dress]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

Good work ziggy.

I pulled this image off of google months ago, and when I checked earlier (after you asked) - there was at least four different people taking credit for the image and that was just from what found after two google image pages into my search...

So you are absolutely sure that an ATS member created this model?

I have it in my image folder and could update the description, if this be the case.

(It appears every time someone resizes it, they claim it as their work
)

*nice link, BTW.

[edit on 8-5-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Lots of cool pictures. I hope that one day the human race will know if we are alone or not.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

i am really pretty new to the investigation (serious investigation) of life on other planets so i sadly have little to offer this group and this discussion.

i would like to say however, thank you for this post as it is THIS type of material and reading that brought me to ats to begin with.

really outstanding collection of material and presentation. thanks a lot.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Skallagrimsson

Here's a high resolution image of the "base".
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/c1f726622793641a.jpg[/atsimg]

It looks to be an example of ice fracturing, similar to this. There's a lot of it in the area.
www.corienbakermans.org...

[edit on 5/8/2009 by Phage]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

A FRIENDLY WORD OF ADVICE
Phage you are putting up a good fight. You make perfect sense, but you are fighting a battle you cant win. You are arguing with a group of people that just gave nearly 100 flags and even more stars to a thread that is just a bunch of pictures that prove nothing. So I suggest you go have a cup of cofee and a smoke, or whatever makes you happy and move on with your life. I have been where you are at and you might as well be shooting at imaginary aliens that you chanelled through your last meditation session

[edit on 8-5-2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

I understand perfectly what you are saying, but I can't say I hope Phage will follow your advice. What would ATS and the A&U forum look like if people like him just gave up and let every YouTube video or grainy photo be the smoking gun, the definitive proof of UFOs, aliens, reptilians, Galactic Federation of Light and so on... After a day or so you wouldn't be able to see any difference between the Gray Area and the A&U forum, I'm afraid.

I came to ATS to find truth and learn. I really, really hope guys like Phage and ArMaP continues to post and use their voice. We need people from both sides of the "fence" here, we need as much information as possible put on the table. You can't come to any kind of reasonable conclusions with only half the story told. In my opinion...

[edit on 8/5/09 by ziggystar60]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   

I understand what you are saying and I agree. I admire Phage for putting up the good fight. I agree with all his points and think he is very rational. My point was sometimes its better to buy the schizophrenic a pack cigarettes instead of arguing with them about why its bad for their health. Then they are happier and you are happier and the world is none the worse. Do you really think you can convince someone otherwise who sees a cocunut and thinks its an alien skull because it looks like it has a nose and a mouth?

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

You may not convince those who refuse to be convinced, but you have to remember that there are people who read these threads even though they don't participate with posts. There are many threads I follow here at ATS without posting in them, just because I am interested and want to learn something.

For the benefit of all of us I hope Phage and ArMaP will continue to be part of the discussions and share their knowledge with us. Deny ignorance, right?

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I see your point. Keep up the good fight all. Sorry for tempting you to give up Phage. It was just a temporary Judas moment. My bad.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggystar60

I understand perfectly what you are saying, but I can't say I hope Phage will follow your advice. What would ATS and the A&U forum look like if people like him just gave up and let every YouTube video or grainy photo be the smoking gun, the definitive proof of UFOs, aliens, reptilians, Galactic Federation of Light and so on... After a day and so you wouldn't be able to see any difference between the Gray Area and the A&U forum, I'm afraid.

I came to ATS to find truth and learn. I really, really hope guys like Phage and ArMaP continues to post and use their voice. We need people from both sides of the "fence" here, we need as much information as possible put on the table. You can't come to any kind of reasonable conclusions with only half the story told. In my opinion...

I hope you recieve at least 1 applause for this statement. Having folks like Phage and ArMaP (who i think is just about the best skeptic on ATS, and i am proud to consider him my friend) makes the search worthwhile. They add value to the discussion, as well as a barometer for how valuable anything we find actually might be.

There ARE good skeptics here. Folks who are honest and do not have preconcieved notions. These are the people that are every bit as valuable as folks like Ziggy, Mike Singh, and Zorgon.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroGhost

I spent months in places like Death Valley where the geophysics are naked and exposed.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by this. Having spent 'some' time myself as a field crew leader for seismic exploration I would suggest that geophysics is the method and that you meant, perhaps, the geology (which again is slightly better but still obfuscates).

Still, this is an interesting thread. there are probably reasonable and relatively boring explanations other than paredolia, but it's fun to speculate, isn't it!

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

No I saw it, but I asked YOU what your explanation was, I appreciate the link to page four Phage, but neither Armap nor you have given any quality explanation to what it is and why it so resembles a base here on Earth.

So again I ask you or Armap to provide a better explanation, other than enhanced color photographs and comparisons with small holes on Mars, as obviously this was not small.

Further more I ask(although I already know the answer I think) do you think that all of these photographs are natural features?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join