It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unexplained Mysteries On The Moon And Mars! An Alien Connection?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Love ya and your work mike.

You should be given top job at NASA once they all get the sack for lying.

Also make a book like Alan Sturm did. Put me down for 20 copies

wZn

[edit on 7-5-2009 by watchZEITGEISTnow]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by donhuangenaro

Just wanted to thank you for that posting. I read the article that you linked and found it interesting. I also believe that it offers a compelling alternate explanation for a majority of the mysterious crater artifacts photographed on Mars, the Moon and other planetary, moon or asteroid bodies.

I do believe that there could be remains of ancient civilisations, or current earthly sponsored activities in our solar system, but I prefer to be a bit critical of myself and any conclusions that I might reach without considering all data points.

To the OP: Very well organized post and very thought provoking. I'm wondering what you think of the post by donhuangenaro

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Mysterious tracks crop up all the time in geology on this planet and the same forces are at work elsewhere.

Several images of this phenomenon are at Geology.com

Some of the tracks in these pics can hardly come from a vehicle, considering they start at a rocky precipice and end shortly downhill at another precipice. They do look a lot like the tracks left by falling rocks. Skiers should also be familiar with similar track patterns, when a snowball rolls down the slope a ways. I'm sure if you were to investigate that curved track on mars, you would find the rock that caused it sitting there at the end of the track.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

All of the tracks in the area seem to be on about the same angle relative to the image. It's hard to be sure but it looks like they are running with the slope of the crater wall. The source for the image (ser.sese.asu.edu...) says that the resolution is .8m per pixel. That would make the track in my example about 24 feet across.

Since they seem to be running up/downslope, boulder tracks are a possibility but since there are so many pairs of tracks and, as pointed out, so little bouncing, I don't think that's likely. There also seems to be some indication that one set crosses the rim of the crater.

The lines may be evidence of collapsed lava tubes. The width is reasonable for that explanation. The lava tubes may be a result of the formation of Moltke crater. Since they run parallel to the slope, the lava tubes would tend to be of fairly consistent width and fairly straight. The tracks overlaying the smaller craters indicates that the collapses could have occurred after the formation of those craters.

They may also be fractures in the surface due to faulting.

[edit on 5/7/2009 by Phage]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Have you ever looked at the giants causeway?

You'd probably swear that that couldn't occur in nature if it was on the face of mars too.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Excellent as always Mike

The first couple pics are really really thought provoking

They remind me of the pyramids how they are spaced with such precision

Something with some forethought seems to have had a hand in their design

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by zooplancton
you HAVE to post the large image of the crater on the dark side that has the luminous blue light coming out of it. the light bounces off the crater.

I'm not Mike, but I will give this a try anyway.
And thanks to Mike for another interesting thread!

I think the crater you are talking about is Aristarchus crater, and it is located northwest on the near side of the moon. This is how the crater looks in a photo used by "The Living Moon":
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ec2b997d2002.jpg[/atsimg]
www.thelivingmoon.com...

But I found some very good photos of Aristarchus crater taken by amateur astronomer Bart Declercq, and there is really no reason to suspect that the photos have been manipulated in any way,

This photo was taken September 30, 2007 (cropped version):
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d7fa5310cd9e.jpg[/atsimg]
Full version here: bartcentral.dommel.be...

This photo is from December 21, 2007 (cropped version):
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/691a0515736f.jpg[/atsimg]
Full version here: bartcentral.dommel.be...

So I think that Aristarchus IS just a crater, despite the fact that the interior of the crater reflects so much light.

And by the way, I recommend taking a look at more of Bart Declercq's astropics, they are amazing!
bartcentral.dommel.be...

[edit on 7/5/09 by ziggystar60]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

The track you are showing in your picture is

a) not nearly as long

b) not nearly as detailed

c) not nearly as straight

as the ones shown in the OP.

That will most certainly not suffice to label the tracks natural phenomena.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

thanks ziggy! that's the one, but there's another really large clear one floating around.
i'll try to find it later. thanks a ton!

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by zooplancton

Is this the one you meant?
Hope so...took ages to find it

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b7727baea3cb.png[/atsimg]

Thread location is here

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
hi all.

Amazing.
[freestone Flags and subs]

I read the book about mars and the moon, what was it, "dark ???", the name escapes me at the moment. Incredible images there too, but too too "grainy" for me to accept 100% as being what was implied.

Just like artifacts can remain for 1000s of years, in a desert, *anything*
on a "dead" planet surface might remain there for a million years.
OK. lets assume that 30 to 70% of what is in these, and other, photos, are naturally created, like of that image of a lightning bolt seared surface coming from one of saturns moons of saturn, there would be traces of any visitor.
--junk left behind. a ruined vehicle.
---secret missions to planets and the moon, by NASA or ???.

---maybe previous earth civilizations!

I would like to make a Call, a call to amataur astromoners to see if, if their scope is large enough, to try to find images on the moon or mars.
these photos are of only a tiny section of the surface, earth based telescopes might be able to find more.

I can feel the Fear of some of the policy makers, in this country: that *if*
alien super-technology is proved to exist, even in old ruins state, then this makes us a bit like, "the 1490 AD north american indians seeing the incoming of the white man, thus now their culture is invalidated"!!
-----just imagine 50 ships floating over washington DC, a civilization 10 million years more advanced than of ours, comes to visit us and then tells us all that "from now on there will be no more countries and only one money system and only one peoples, for the earth: we are now a Colony of "Them", and then a million of Them come to live here, bring their advanced ways of life to us all! And...."that there are 200 races in their Federation, each with their own way of life and then a "mega-mall" opens near washington, every of the 200 races has stores and booths there!".

be too too much for most people to handle, I suspect!
End-of-the-human-race-As-We-Know-It!

freestone

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Re-runs at this time of year? It must be the financial crisis.

All of these images have been discussed before, so I will try to find my older posts about these images and I will try to find more information about them.

I will start with the "Helmet hill", that looks much less mysterious in this THEMIS photo.

(Photo V15443001)

Or in this other THEMIS photo.

(Photo V06482001)

It looks like a shallow crater on a ridge.

I will look for the other images.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

that's the place but there is a wicked CLEAR shot of the crater somewhere on ats. and it's a LARGE photo. very clear. i was blown away when i saw it. thank you though for the find!

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Apollo 10 photo of the Moltke crater courtesy of wikipedia.org

So your saying that is the region in question? I wasn’t sure if this is the same area that is in Mikes OP but I got the better photo with a different angle to try and help sort this out.

The lines may be evidence of collapsed lava tubes. The width is reasonable for that explanation. The lava tubes may be a result of the formation of Moltke crater. Since they run parallel to the slope, the lava tubes would tend to be of fairly consistent width and fairly straight. The tracks overlaying the smaller craters indicates that the collapses could have occurred after the formation of those craters.

A few questions on that theory…
1. How long ago do you speculate these tubes were formed?
2. Can you identify any other places on the Moon that would collaborate your theory, surely there must be more places in a similar geological terrain if you are correct.

Now here is another issue I have with the still stunning detail seen in these “lava tube collapses”

Space weathering is a blanket term used for a number of processes that act on any body exposed to the harsh space environment. Airless bodies (including the Moon, Mercury, the asteroids, comets, and some of the moons of other planets) incur many weathering processes:
• collisions of galactic cosmic rays and solar cosmic rays,
• irradiation, implantation, and sputtering from solar wind particles, and
• bombardment by different sizes of meteorites and micrometeorites.
Space weathering is important because these processes affect the physical and optical properties of the surface of many planetary bodies. Therefore, it is critical to understand the effects of space weathering in order to properly interpret remotely sensed data.

Text and image courtesy of wikipedia.org
Now I am anxious to see if this “collapse” has occurred in the same or similar fashion elsewhere on Luna. Also the tubes would have to of collapsed relatively recently to still be in the condition they were in the photograph. I am not saying your theory is unplausible, I am just countering your evidence so maybe we can get to the bottom of the anomaly in question.

They may also be fractures in the surface due to faulting.

Possible, but the tracks look a little unlike normal extraterrestrial fault fractures.
For comparison let’s take a look at a very similar area (crater and all) on Mars. These are confirmed and undisputed fault lines. The pictures aare a composition of many regions. The pictures were taken by the Mars Global Surveyor.

Image 1

Notice how the area in question is a rougher, more angular terrain. Also notice how the line is not as straight, nor evenly spaced as is the one in Mikes photo.

Image 2

Again, notice the huge differences in shape and structure of fault.
Image 3

For further comparison with Moltke crater on the Moon.

All images courtesy of photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov

So what I take from this is that your explanations,while well founded, does not seem to fit other similar structures observed in space. Mars has a similar enough environment that it is a legit comparison with the Moon.

The following is a picture of actual fault lines on the Moon, they look nothing like Mikes anomalous photograph.

Image courtesy of astro.washington.edu

Other Sources
science.nasa.gov

[edit on 5/7/2009 by jkrog08]

[edit on 5/7/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

Outside the box thinking.

Could you ever see something that has been exposed - then covered up?

I know I have - the moon and this crater are a prime example.

It looks like in one photo it is erect - the next it looks inverted and well, the final pic it is no longer there - or covered up.

The Tsiolkovskiy is another moon area where it seems to change in photos that we see.

"wink"

wZn

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

I did actually try to think a little outside the box regarding Aristarchus crater, that is why I searched for photos outside of NASA's image libraries. And as I said in my post, there is no reason to believe that the amateur astronomer who took the two astropics I posted have tampered with them in any way. Why would he do that?

I am sure you can find lots and lots of other photos of this particular crater taken by astronomers here on Earth. At this site you can find links to many other great planetary images, knock yourself out!

www.astro-imaging.de...

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skallagrimsson
I haven't seen this Mars anomaly posted anywhere. I found it searching the martian surface in Google Earth.

It looks artificial like a base with landing strip and roads. There are nothing (that I can find) that resembles this in the surrounding area.

.....and I have looked!!!

It is located at: 84* 15' 57.17" S 56* 26' 41.03" W

To me, this ties in directly to the "blueberries' and the crater with a golf ball in it. The image you show above looks exactly like what you would expect if it were etched electrically (or if water erosion due to a torrent eroded the soil).

Your image, to me, is further evidence that electrical phenomena is related to the Martian calamity. I think it is part of why the water is trapped in the soil, why Mars lost its magnetic field, and how Valles Marineris was formed (which is not likely electrical in nature, but more related to an impact that, due to the electrical nature of matter and our solar system, released vast amounts of electrical energy on impact).

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggystar60
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

I did actually try to think a little outside the box regarding Aristarchus crater, that is why I searched for photos outside of NASA's image libraries. And as I said in my post, there is no reason to believe that the amateur astronomer who took the two astropics I posted have tampered with them in any way. Why would he do that?

I am sure you can find lots and lots of other photos of this particular crater taken by astronomers here on Earth. At this site you can find links to many other great planetary images, knock yourself out!

www.astro-imaging.de...

In my mind there are two schools of thought that satisfy my questions re: Aristarchus.

1. It is a reactor. This may be more far fetched, but given the strangeness of the moon and its fabled history, it is a possibility I will not rule out. Maybe not even a reactor in a classical sense....perhaps a better terms would be "power supply".

2. the moon is known to enhance some gamma rays recieved from the cosmos. This has been posited to be the primary cause of the blue glowing of Aristarchus, as well as other glowing craters and TLP's. This is, for the time being, where my money is. This seems to be VERY plausible, and would explain many events that we have discussed her multitudinous times. Many, but not all.

Each of the above considerations has been formulated around the fact that there appears to be rectilinear formation around the crater, in the general area. Of little consequence are the rilles seen transversing the area.

Consider, however, that the rectlinear formation could relate to the first point above, as it was excavated to place in the power supply hardware. Yes, more far fetched, but should not be ruled out until we can identify the mechanism for the phenomena.

RE: the second point above, th rectilinear formation would be perfectly logical. The crater appears to be much, much more reactive and glows much more. If the soil in this area is different than the surrounding area (as evidenced by the obvious difference demarking the rectilinear plain surrounding the crater), it would stand to reason that it would yield different properties.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Originally posted by Skallagrimsson
I haven't seen this Mars anomaly posted anywhere. I found it searching the martian surface in Google Earth.

It looks artificial like a base with landing strip and roads. There are nothing (that I can find) that resembles this in the surrounding area.

.....and I have looked!!!

It is located at: 84* 15' 57.17" S 56* 26' 41.03" W

To me, this ties in directly to the "blueberries' and the crater with a golf ball in it. The image you show above looks exactly like what you would expect if it were etched electrically (or if water erosion due to a torrent eroded the soil).

You may be right, but I think Skallagrimsson was talking about the area in the left-centre of the image which looks like an aerial image of a desert airfield, as opposed to the actual terrain...

(apologies to Skallagrimsson and yourself if I'm wrong!)

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
The "Golf ball".

The "Golf ball" is another case of interpreting changes in colour as changes in height.

In this photo (photo S06-00723) it's visible that it's just a crater with some dunes inside it.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/6a8b8a57669e4697.png[/atsimg]
(source)

And even in the original photo (photo M15-01228), the 3D effect was not that pronounced, the higher contrast gives it more of a 3D look.

But if you want a better photo (and with colour), you can look at photo PSP_007230_2170 from HiRISE.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/3ac5a263cca146f2.png[/atsimg]
The above image is just at 25%, bellow you can see the full resolution image, at 29.6 cm/pixel.

Tomorrow I will look for more.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join