It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Unexplained Mysteries On The Moon And Mars! An Alien Connection?

page: 19
150
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
We are not talking about other places

No, but other photos have some marks in other places that look like this one. Is it so bad to make comparisons between two things that look similar?


While your 'photographic flaw' theory may explain some image anomalies, it does not account for this one and is predicated upon a bias, as apparent from your proclivities here.

Why doesn't it account for this one? It looks close enough to other photographic flaws from Lunar Orbiter photos.

And if by the use of those unusual words like "predicated" and "proclivities" you mean that my opinion is based on a bias then you are half right, because all our opinions are based on what we know, so in that aspects they are based on a bias, a bias that comes from what I have learnt through my life, but not on a preconceived idea about this subject.


Nevertheless, I am glad to see you admit that NASA alters their images to fit the proffered descriptions of the environs:

I have said it several times, the only photos I have seen with clear traces of alteration on NASA sites are images used in their public relations or publicity pages, I have seen some of those (including one image in which the Moon was changed to greyscale to contrast to the Earth in the background).

And that is one of the reasons I think this is a photographic flaw, because this image looks altered and it has that strange mark, while the other, better, versions of this photo that do not look changed have not.

PS: thanks for making me learn two more words.




posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr
 


The photos were originally developed on board Lunar Orbiter, then they were digitised and sent to Earth, where they were recreated in stripes that were then put together and photographed.


A full medium-resolution photograph was reconstructed from approximately 27 framelets and measured 47 cm by 40 cm. The high-resolution photograph consisted of approximately 86 framelets and measured 158 cm by 40 cm.
Source



posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
No matter what anybody says, it is difinitive proof of civilization on mars. It is near impossible for two rocks to be similar but to be the same distance apart, well.



posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatsHappening
 


Why is it "near impossible"?

Is there any geological reason for it to be "near impossible"?



posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatsHappening
It is near impossible for two rocks to be similar but to be the same distance apart, well.


Why?

What makes you say that?

Are you a Geologist?

I would hazard (without bothering to 'google' etc because I know) that it isn't impossible and in fact is more common than you think.



posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Yes, I understand I may have used the wrong words, but I was trying to say how it is near impossible (note I didnt say it was impossible) for two rocks to appear to be the same that are close to eachother



posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatsHappening
No matter what anybody says, it is difinitive proof of civilization on mars. It is near impossible for two rocks to be similar but to be the same distance apart, well.





www.geo.mtu.edu...

Natural evenly spaced!?

Possible solution sorry no ET required
This is what you should read once again a natural process even
seen on EARTH! Look at pics at bottom of page wind tunnel experiment looks familiar !!!!!!

www.ucalgary.ca...


[edit on 15-5-2009 by wmd_2008]



posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Heres the funny part you can look at photos of mars find an unusual feature but without a geologist that can go check it out you never truly know how it was made.So if you think looking for anomalies in photos is going to prove alien life you may want to attempt to find other hobbies. Until we get people on mars you wont have any definitive proof one way or the other. Every anomaly you see on photos has already been looked at by NASA talked about discussed rediscussed and then sent for further study its the government! Did i mention the paperwork? If there was anything that showed proof of alien existance you wouldn't see it until they could verify it. Now if you like looking at the pictures and marvel at the universe like me then keep scanning.



posted on May, 16 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I dont often post, but this thread is really good, and the reason I come here. Thanks OP



posted on May, 16 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Well I think the "Tracks" issue is now a no goer in the world of Alien study UFO research and exobiology etc....

As seen here on my thread The Dancing Rocks of Death Valley

New research into that mystery here on earth has shown it to be caused by very high sheer winds on the surface of flat desert like and dry environments....Here



Dr. Thomas Cahill, a physicist and atmospheric scientist at the University of California, Davis, calculated that the velocity of the winds moving the rocks at Racetrack Playa has to be around 100 mph. Messina and Clarke's work confirms that finding.

Cahill used that knowledge to measure wind velocities at the surface of Owens Lake (since Racetrack Playa is a designated wilderness area, measuring devices cannot be left on the lake bed). It was an effort that up until that time was considered folly because the popular theory was that steady high winds never hug the ground except in tornadoes or hurricanes. In fact, Cahill measured 95 mph winds just a few centimeters above the surface.

Berkeley edu

Though I find the rest of the photo's here besides the tracks now still very unexplained and compelling.

Kind regards,

Elf.



posted on May, 16 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf
 

Good point! But remember, one cannot compare the geological conditions on Mars to that of Earth with any certainty. It could be a different ball game altogether.

Thus, using the same template for both Earth and Mars and explaining away such anomalies keeping this in view, is hypothetical and guesswork at best.

Cheers!



posted on May, 17 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
reply to post by MischeviousElf
 

Good point! But remember, one cannot compare the geological conditions on Mars to that of Earth with any certainty. It could be a different ball game altogether.

Thus, using the same template for both Earth and Mars and explaining away such anomalies keeping this in view, is hypothetical and guesswork at best.

Cheers!






So that works against you as well because you dont know how things would work on Mars! Any comment on this Mike

www.ucalgary.ca...



posted on May, 17 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008
 


that is an outstanding article. I really appreciate your sharing it.

I wonder what effect static electricity could play, as well.

Keep in mind, however, that several of the rocks seen in rover images are flat and much less likely to "roll".



posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

Originally posted by mikesingh
Thus, using the same template for both Earth and Mars and explaining away such anomalies keeping this in view, is hypothetical and guesswork at best.

Cheers!



So that works against you as well because you dont know how things would work on Mars! Any comment on this Mike

www.ucalgary.ca...


Exactly, wmd! I haven't the faintest clue how the 'tracks' were made! I don't profess to know how they formed - either by artificial means or natural. And that's why I've included it in this thread as unsolved. All theories are just that - theories. Including the ones propounded by many self styled 'experts' on Moon/Martian geology.

Unless we get our boots there and analyze it over time, all explanations would be just conjecture! So the two theories regarding those tracks are:

> Artificially made, or
> Natural geological formations.

Cheers!



posted on May, 18 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
> Artificially made, or
> Natural geological formations.

You forgot one variation of the "artificially made", "photographic problem", that is one of the possibilities for those straight lines in the Lunar Orbiter image.



posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP
 

You've got a point there! But what/which 'straight lines' are you referring to?



posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh

Originally posted by wmd_2008

Originally posted by mikesingh
Thus, using the same template for both Earth and Mars and explaining away such anomalies keeping this in view, is hypothetical and guesswork at best.

Cheers!



So that works against you as well because you dont know how things would work on Mars! Any comment on this Mike

www.ucalgary.ca...


Exactly, wmd! I haven't the faintest clue how the 'tracks' were made! I don't profess to know how they formed - either by artificial means or natural. And that's why I've included it in this thread as unsolved. All theories are just that - theories. Including the ones propounded by many self styled 'experts' on Moon/Martian geology.

Unless we get our boots there and analyze it over time, all explanations would be just conjecture! So the two theories regarding those tracks are:

> Artificially made, or
> Natural geological formations.

Cheers!







The link has nothing to do with lines did you actually look at it, it explains the evenly spaced rocks!

a pic from the site

experiment
www.ucalgary.ca...


Remind you of anything? Looks like the pics you posted below

www.ixdrive.co.uk...

or this one

www.marsunearthed.com...

[edit on 18-5-2009 by wmd_2008]



posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

experiment
www.ucalgary.ca...
Remind you of anything? Looks like the pics you posted below
www.ixdrive.co.uk...
or this one
www.marsunearthed.com...


Nope! It doesn't remind me of anything. They are a totally different ball game altogether! There's absolutely NO connection between the pics you posted and the ones that I did!

Cheers!



posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh

Originally posted by wmd_2008

experiment
www.ucalgary.ca...
Remind you of anything? Looks like the pics you posted below
www.ixdrive.co.uk...
or this one
www.marsunearthed.com...


Nope! It doesn't remind me of anything. They are a totally different ball game altogether! There's absolutely NO connection between the pics you posted and the ones that I did!

Cheers!



! You can see NO connection you guys make me

Expalain why they LOOK like each other and the link explains how rocks can be spaced out evenly by a NATURAL process NO ET REQUIRED or is that what you dont want to admit to!



posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
the picture are really interesting.....i believe that there is something in that places.



new topics

top topics



 
150
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

log in

join