It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much is gas where you are at?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Foodgoddess, thank you for that link. That's a very interesting site. I wonder if occasional random audits are performed to ensure the affiliated sites (syracusegasprices.com, tampagasprices.com for example) are posting accurate information.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   
lol I just clicked the link and its broken??? anyway I believe it is updated on a fairly regular basis....and I cant see these gas stations hiring a little man to run out and change the gas price signs every hour lol
"it's $1.67 and by the time he gets inside it goes to $1.98....runs back, changes sign, whew

Once a day maybe

as for audits...let's hope

[Edited on 27-4-2004 by foodgoddess]

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Olafski,

"1 Gallon = 4,5 litre (4,546 to be exact), which makes Euro 5,625/Gallon."...

You're talking about UK gallon. A US gallon is about 3.8 liters...

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by foodgoddess
I was born in Amarillo and even if gas was .25 I would not move back
I love Arizona

The Best thing out of Texas is Highway 66 and me....

j/k

Come on, Amarillo isn't that bad. Ok, maybe it is but at least gas is cheap

Foodgoddess did you recognize the Cadillac Ranch in my Avatar Pic?

[Edited on 27-4-2004 by KillerD]

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
OMG lol.....that is what that is...of all the avatars I was most puzzled with yours...

this is my brother with the cadys..there is a long history there

thanks for making a memory come to life

PS..what is that thing hovering above the cady's ????

and YES Amarillo is that bad. How long have you been there?

[Edited on 27-4-2004 by foodgoddess]

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I bet gas was 25cents a gallon back then. That picture cracked me up. The Cadi's look alot different now all covered in graffiti not near as pretty.

It's a toy UFO and I've lived here all my life 35 years.

[Edited on 27-4-2004 by KillerD]

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
You Americans should come to UK - then you'd complain!!

Price here - unleaded �1.77 a litre approximately (depending on location).

Check it out here

And, if there's about $1.8 to the �... Bring on the "gas guzzlers"!!

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I live in Penticton B.C. Canada. Gas just when up to 84.5 cents/liter.
So for you Americans there is 4 liters in a Gallon.
4*84.5 = $3.38(1.35 - Conversion Rate) = $4.39 Gallon. Also I belive that an American Gallon is bigger than our Gallons by like .4 Gallon. (i think)

Its robbery.]

[Edited on 27-4-2004 by HumptyDumpty]

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
No complaining here, I ride a bike

as for gas being .25 cents, I remember that well

and .10 tacos and my first barbie and where I got her and the list goes on and on, but I can't for the life of me remember what day it is lol

My brother and Stanley Marsh were good friends and I recall going out there many times. Too bad it's ruined..to me it is anyway

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Okay, I admit I'm an American and have no idea about the cost of living in England.

If the gas prices in England are so high ($4-6US), is the hourly wage higher there? Are the food prices higher also? How much of your gas price is tax?

Sorry if I'm OT. I'm 2 hours South of Chicago and paying $1.86/gal.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   
im paying a dollar and eighty one cents here for supreme unleaded at the Rockefeller owned exxon.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I just filled up here in North West Ohio and paid a whopping $1.99 gal.

whew, I'm leaving for vacation in 35 days and driving from Ohio to Myrtle Beach SC... better add some money to the gas fund.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   
$1.85 per gallon is the norm, I would have to search to find the cheapest which is $1.81 at Hess and Racetrak

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   
It's $1.79 unleaded out here in Ohio.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Since I live in boston I can say that the gas prices are the highest.

1.92 at one gas station

even more for premium gas

I go with the normal gas because I am a normal person

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by sosuemetoo
If the gas prices in England are so high ($4-6US), is the hourly wage higher there? Are the food prices higher also? How much of your gas price is tax?

I lived in England with Pisky for a while I can definitely say that while gas and hourly wages are higher then the states, food is definitely cheaper. IF you buy it at the grocery store and it depends on the store too. Pisky and I always shopped at ASDA and we would bring back twice as much food as I can get here for the same amount of money. I've never seen a can of baked beans here for 9 cents or a loaf of bread for 15 here, put it that way. And I respect England for keeping food affordable for the people. On this issue America really doesn't seem to give a #. They'll allow a grocery store to sell a bag of potatoes for 5.00. They don't care if people starve or not.

But back to topic. We're currently in Oregon and gas is around 1.95, and that's for regular unleaded. But we're full service too, and one of the last remaining states where self-serve is illegal. I thought the self-service was supposed to make gas cheaper in the states that have it. That was the rationale for it being up for the vote here a few years ago anyway.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nephilim__
South of LA.. 2.30+
havent seen below 2 for a while

the last time i saw gas price below 2 dollars was back in 98. now in san jose is 2.19+

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 11:54 PM
link   
$2.09 per gallon out here near Area 51 in Nevada.
Now if I could get Bob Lazar to back- engineer my hoopdi maybe I'd get better mileage.
Better yet....I'd
trade it... in a minute fer one of those faster than the speed of light U.F.O.'s

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Running about $1.92 here to $2.12... I know in January of 1999 into 2001 until September 11... they were $0.87.

Something is a little off on this one... $0.87 to $1.46 in 20 seconds on September 11, that's exactly what had happened.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I dont really look at the daily price but i know last i looked it was in the low 2.00 to 2.50. I live in southern californa. My car has a 25 gallon tank and my truck much smaller. I was surprised when i put in 40.00 and only got a 3/4 tank. If i only had a disposable child to sneak back some oil from iraq. How would i refine it for cheap.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join