It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stem Cell Powder regrows severed limb

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Stem Cell Powder regrows severed limb

inventorspot.com

The experimental procedure involves a powder, make from the adult stem cells found in pigs bladders, to try and regenerate lost limbs. The powder is called an extra cellular matrix, a tool that is used by surgeons to aid in healing. The hope is that the powder can be used to attract other types of cells from the effected area of the body and regenerate a lost limb or digit in another area of the body.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
This is very interesting news, think of all the potential applications that this could have beyond the regrowth of severed limbs.

If the stem cells regrow the tissuse that it is placed near, does this mean that it could in effect regrow damaged parts of the brain or is it just limited to tissue. Will be interesting to see where this goes. The fact that they have already had a successful trial is promising.

inventorspot.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Great news!

Another adult stem cell advancement.

Anyone hear of any fetal stem cell advancements?

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Oh man... The beauty of modern medicine... It's so great we've figured all this stuff out...

NOW BACK TO THE DEPOPULATION EFFORTS!!

Seriously... None of this ever makes any sense to me...

They are working with stem cells which will inevitably become a fountain of youth... Yet there is chatter of efforts to depopulate the planet... It's quite the paradox...

Strange times we live in... Strange times indeed...

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
S&F.

Good news. But as namaste says, "Now back to the depopulation efforts."

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Always nice to read about medical breakthroughs that only the super rich eugenicist elite get to reap the benefits of.

Perhaps they will use the swine flu as an excuse to round up millions of pigs and create enough stem cell powder to grow the Rothchilds new bodies so they can live for hundreds of years in underground bases while the world is destroyed.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Namaste
Oh man... The beauty of modern medicine... It's so great we've figured all this stuff out...

NOW BACK TO THE DEPOPULATION EFFORTS!!

Seriously... None of this ever makes any sense to me...

They are working with stem cells which will inevitably become a fountain of youth... Yet there is chatter of efforts to depopulate the planet... It's quite the paradox...

Strange times we live in... Strange times indeed...

I don't see how you equate scientific advancement with the betterment of 98% of the population. It is no secret that 98% of the population of this planet will never get to receive the benefits of such research, but their money pays for it.

So much ignorance.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by king9072

that was kind of harsh. namaste is on the same page as you, i think.
it is hard for me, too, to understand the weird ethical dichotomy of the haves and have nots. in china, they simply cut the parts they need from the living have nots, and sew them into the haves. nightmarish stuff, multiply so, as it's a reality.

now, back to the depopulation of the planet, and the spread of ignorance. ignorance is dead, long live ignorance!

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
So much negativity.

Wonder if the response would be different if human fetuses had to be killed at taxpayer expense to make this powder?

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Don't get your hopes up.

Christian Extremists and other groups of that sort will call this "playing God" and try to get it outlawed.

Everytime theres about to be a big breakthrough in science, we have to stop to protect gods feelings.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AussieNutter

even if you could regrow brain tissue(neurons) and i don't know if you can or can't with stem cells, the information and memories lost with the dead cells would never return.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I think this technology is absolutely incredible. Can we trigger the response without the powder? That's another question.

I would have liked to have had this powder when I sawed the tip of my finger.

What are they going to charge for this miracle powder/technology?

I hope it isn't selfishly kept only for "higher ups."

Troy

new topics

top topics

join