It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Would Prevent Federal Government from Regulating Firearms in TN

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Bill Would Prevent Federal Government from Regulating Firearms in TN

www.wztv.com

Now, lawmakers have proposed a new bill called the Tennessee Firearms Freedom Act.

It basically exempts guns made and sold in Tennessee from federal regulation, because they never cross the state line.

"If these firearms are meant to be used just here in Tennessee, they're not properly regulated by the federal government because they are not in interstate commerce," says Rep. Fincher.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Part of me is excited about this, as here we have ANOTHER state stepping up and challenging big brother, saying enough is enough...Which again sets the showdown between the gun-grabbing goons and the state.

But the other part of me recognizes that this only applies to the state of TN, meaning that you cannot move from state to state with said firearm...

But then again, if these pioneer states lead the charge and more states follow suit, this may soon become a widespread message to TPTB---Leave our guns alone.

www.wztv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I don't know,it seems that people buy guns at gun shows and don't have the federal back ground check. They are legal if they aren't felons,to take them with them when they move.
I hope Tennessee votes this in and the Governor signs it int law.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Montana just passed a law like this too. Although I'm not a gun owner and probably never will be but I find this quite exciting. It is a way for a state to exempt itself from federal regulation from something that happens only within that state.

If a state can do this, then what other things might be possible? States might actually have rights!

new topics

top topics

join