It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama expresses regret for Afghan civilian deaths

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   

WASHINGTON – Flanked by the leaders of Afghanistan and Pakistan, President Barack Obama expressed deep U.S. regret Wednesday for civilian casualties in a deadly incident this week in western Afghanistan, promising "every effort" to avoid recurrences in the war against a rising Taliban insurgency. Obama had a more upbeat and determined tone as he lauded "unprecedented cooperation" between the two neighbors in fighting Taliban and other extremist threats. But he cautioned that success will not come quickly. "Along the border, where insurgents often move freely, we must work together with a renewed sense of partnership to share intelligence and to coordinate our efforts to isolate, target, and take out our common enemy," Obama said after a day of meetings with Afghan President Hamid Karzai and Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari.

Jones said Obama commented "with great sympathy" and expressed regret for the loss of innocent life. Earlier, before her meetings with Karzai and Zardari at the State Department, Clinton said the U.S. "deeply, deeply" regrets the losses. Both Obama and Clinton stopped short of accepting U.S. blame for the deaths.

news.yahoo.com...

Now....I want you to watch this. This video was taken quite awhile before he was elected President.

I'll leave you to your comments. I'm not stating anything...don't feel that I need to.

[edit on 7-5-2009 by David9176]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Ok...not a single comment on this?

from anyone?

join