It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EXPERIMENT: Would You/Could You Try and Post From the Other Side?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I was really into ghosts as a kid, and still am I suppose. I remember a story of two friends, who made a pact that if one shoud die, the other would try and get a message to him from the other side.

One night, one of the men was sitting up in bed, reading. He happened to glance up and there, as plain as day sitting in his armchair was his friend. He knew this was the contact they had agreed as his friend was a ship's captain somewhere out at sea and could never have been in his bedroom at that time. it turned out his friend's ship had been lost at sea with all hands.

I recalled this story today and thought it would be hilarious to try it, but with a twist.

How about I try and post from the other side in the event of me dying? I mean technically if I were a ghost I could try using my laptop at home, or by some other way using ghostly energies or whatever.

Any way I've decided to try.

Anybody else wanna sign up lol!

[edit on 6-5-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by kiwifoot
I was really into ghosts as a kid, and still am I suppose. I remember a story of two friends, who made a pact that if one shoud die, the other would try and get a message to him from the other side.

One night, one of the men was sitting up in bed, reading. He happened to glance up and there, as plain as day sitting in his armchair was his friend. He knew this was the contact they had agreed as his friend was a ship's captain somewhere out at sea and could never have been in his bedroom at that time. it turned out his friend's ship had been lost at sea with all hands.

I recalled this story today and thought it would be hilarious to try it, but with a twist.

How about I try and post from the other side in the event of me dying? I mean technically if I were a ghost I could try using my laptop at home, or by some other way using ghostly energies or whatever.

Any way I've decided to try.

Anybody else wanna sign up lol!

[edit on 6-5-2009 by kiwifoot]

No.
But you give it a shot champ - get in there.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by audas

I might add I have no intention of doing it anytime soon!

Might be a good way of getting back at all those people that rub me the wrong way on ATS though!

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Well considering it would have to be an Anonymous post - (ya can’t IP a ghost now can you) I guess no one would believe it anyway.
Or if you used someone else's computer in a ghosty way then of course that person would get blamed.
Bummer huh.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Hi. First of all, i really hope that nobody here will be presented with this opportunity in the foreseeble future. But as a theoretical issue i think that it is impossibility.
I believe/feel/understand that there is soul, afterlife and God. But person who died has only soul left. Soul has no memory. Memory is brain function purely. So soul will not remember what happened in its life, in my opinion it is summary of choices made between good and bad ones during lifetime/s.
It will have problems to login to ATS too due to lack of internet connection to "other" realm too.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
Hi. First of all, i really hope that nobody here will be presented with this opportunity in the foreseeble future. But as a theoretical issue i think that it is impossibility.
I believe/feel/understand that there is soul, afterlife and God. But person who died has only soul left. Soul has no memory. Memory is brain function purely. So soul will not remember what happened in its life, in my opinion it is summary of choices made between good and bad ones during lifetime/s.
It will have problems to login to ATS too due to lack of internet connection to "other" realm too.

When I had the idea I did hope I wasn't tempting fate!

But if you believe in a soul, does that extend to a spirit, and then to ghosts?

I read a book once that took some of the top mediums, and by setting up stringent controls tried to prove that they must in part be telling the truth, simply because the accuracy of their readings were too high to be all bogus. Anyway in this book it said that when memories are created in our brain we emit a tiny electrical pulse, that is emitted into the atmosphere and, even though it is so tiny, immeasurable in fact, it still exists, and although it gets smaller and smaller, it never dies. So in fact, our memories live on forever. Now I don't know if the science holds up, but it's an interesting theory, a touch fanciful perhaps, but who knows?

top topics

join