It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over Sensitive - AKA Wearing Your Heart On Your Sleeve

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610
I know exactly what she means. If a woman is freaking out she does not want a male partner that freaks out even MORE. She does not want a guy who will emulate her emotional state in an attempt to please her or show he sympathizes with her.

Yes, yes, yes, I have heard this all the time, and then I think, women are amazing at seeing a lack in guys, it is always a lack, what is missing. Not what is good, and reinforce.

I hear all the time where guys are not as emotionally smart as women, honestly when it comes to insensitivity women as a whole lead the pack.

I have hung out with as many women in groups as men, and I have more female friends than me, married, single, and all ages. I will tell you what, when you go out with the guys you seldom hear a joke about their wife, nor do you hear this dissing their wife in front of their buds. They might talk about the rack on the girl across the bar, but their woman is sacred. They do not complain as a whole, they find what is great and focus on that.

Yet I can count hundreds of times I have been at a table with women, and they will bring out a personal story about their hubby and his lack of something, and turn it into a conversation. Maybe that guy did not wish his personal details discussed at a bar or coffee shop, he just wants a relationship, not to be run down all the time.

I sat at a coffee shop the other day, and due to volume had to listen to a girl cross section and analyze her boyfriends relationship with his mother, and relay all of his personal crap to everyone at that bar, and drone on what that meant for her, and why was his mom like that, and he did this,and she did that. I almost, and I say almost, screamed for god sakes girl, you been here with your friend for an hour and you did not even ask her one question about her, and for god sakes talk about your own inadequencies, if knew this guy, I would personall go support him to get rid of you, he needs you like an anchor.

And I was on the street and this girl said to her friend something like, how is that new guy you are seeing, and she said well, he is good, BUT, and then it starts. Like come one when will women give guys a break and start to say, well there are a few things I am not sure about but first let me talk about his great qualities. I have never talked bad about any woman to a buddy, or to a female buddy either.

So please lets not not make a mistake of diverting this thread to how it is the men who are lacking, I am a very big supporter of men in this society, they have had a tough gender situation for history, and well we keep sending them in mass to the front lines to die in droves. And they need to sit there and spend time with their wives while they knit and watch some ad on TV that infers he is incapable sorting a blue sock from white, basically operating on a low level of interest or ability in anything.

I can tell you, alot of women can out cook, sew, and nurture me. But few can also repair engines, do carpentry, or half of the stuff I do besides those things. Yet I love women, and I do not say to my buddy, man I wish my GF would through a new lower ball joint on that truck, you know she is terrible about using a wrench, and has no clue, I mean what is wrong with her, how come she does not know how to fix stuff like that.

Basically men do not expect much from women, and women are many times brutal to men.

I will tell you my approach. My boss went to a party and my GF sister was there, and she brought up something about me she learned from my GF and was discussing it is a negative light. At the end of the day, I came home, got some boxes and packed my things, and left. And to this day this GF will not talk with me, and thinks I left for other reasons, I did not even tell her why. Sorry, there are just no excusing some things, nor do I need to discuss it. She was a dead weight in my life sharing things said in intimacy of a relationship with others, so what was there to work on, her nature was evident.

I wonder how many woman that has happened to, they lost great men, and have no idea they themselves and their own actions caused his disinterest, because most men would never tell them.

So just keep on seeing mens faults women. Men are treating you much nicer in public and advertisements and stuff, believe me, men have better thing to do than discuss the faults of another mans partner, or be present when he is.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by tekwolf
This is why I posted my stories Sonya. I am always trying to learn how to handle things better and I feel that most of the people in this forum are open-minded and fairly level

and

I actually was stronger this time, but it did still hurt immensely. This girlfriend though was not put off by the fact that I cried though either, I actually think she took it more of a show of how strongly I felt about her and the possibility of us having a child together.

Oh man, is this Sonja hot looking, has a great personality, or something, I got to go looking for her photos. Please do not lower your divinity like that, you are doing nothing wrong, you are just being you. You have no bad intent, you have a right to be comforted as a male in a time of loss as well. My question is, how well were you supported, were they meeting your emotional needs.

I have to say, at some time men need to ignore this crap, men are terrific and so are women, but this man always lacking is just simply crap. It is a big advertising slogan that in is almost every ad on television, because women mostly, and have for years, control the spending in a household. And they want to hear in ads this because they are involved in lack, lack of ability by their partners, and lack when they come home, lack of their needs being met, and need to partner with lack on the Television though ads where they can take the family funds and buy a product, because it supports their perception to lack.

Of course, this is a generality, and there are some pretty interesting women I meet now who are beyond this, and see a man as a PERSON, and not a MAN, and LACK. Yet there are few of them, but honestly you did nothing wrong man, you were who you are, no need to roll over if a woman accusing you of something, and in my opinion I am starting to think they do that, so you tell them to basically go to hell, and then they consider you worthy enough to sleep with or marry because you put them in their place and did not take your assault on your divinity.

Men are terrific, and they are the stronger sex, lost and disconnected from their emotions, but a person like you, operating from a position of divity is way more powerful and effective than most women on this planet could even be in their state of mind. Women see themselves as more powerful in recent years, pfft. Now women in the 1920's, those chicks had it together, men wrapped around their little finger, told them what they wanted to hear, some had a career, and some stayed home. By in large women were empowered in those days, and now I see women playing catch up, and overall very lonely from what I can observe.

[edit on 9-5-2009 by SoulOrb]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SoulOrb

Don`t lose your head SoulOrb .

Its a jungle out there .

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
SoulOrb I am not sure where this "overly sensitive" idea came up. You don't sound overly sensitive at all. You sounds defensive and VERY hostile. You have attacked most of the posters that replied to your thread with extreme sarcasm and overt aggression.

That is hostility. People may try to be nice and tell you that you are "too sensitive" but that is just their way of saying you behave in an overly aggressive, defensive manner.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610
SoulOrb I am not sure where this "overly sensitive" idea came up. You don't sound overly sensitive at all. You sounds defensive and VERY hostile. You have attacked most of the posters that replied to your thread with extreme sarcasm and overt aggression.

That is hostility. People may try to be nice and tell you that you are "too sensitive" but that is just their way of saying you behave in an overly aggressive, defensive manner.

The oversensitive came up, as a result of a moderator post that was speaking to the brutal and negative attack on person's characters in their posts, and not to the issues at hand. And then in that post, that moderator felt the need to say that he was not pandering to the oversensitives. My point was, why do they need to clarify that, were they concerned about being over sensitive themselves, or viewed by others as being too sensitive or impartial, or afraid of receiving the kick back from other users for their sensitivity.

As for being attacked, this is not so, this is your perception. I have not personally attacked any posters in this thread, but I have rebutted what they are saying, but what we are speaking here to is "personal attacks", and negativity.

This thread has been hijacked from the start as a over sensitive guy complaining about insensitive people, as opposed to moderating or limiting your thoughts as to not needlessly cast aspersions on the other persons character.

Now, I have received a number of UTU's thanking my for the video, who did not post here. And a number on the Youtube channel. However I do work my threads, and I do respond, I do not let my posts sit like some people, and so it might come across as upset or reactive, but it is opposite in my intent. I feel if a person take the time to write something to a post, then the OP should engage, or why make the post.

However, if you would me to critique, as apparently I do in all cases, lets dysect what you said in that sort little reply to a guy who is emotionally trying to find his way as a sensitive in a relationship with a woman of todays world.

**SNIP - I know exactly what she means.
I this sort statement you align yourself with his ex, and you and her are now in a group, and he is not in that group.

**SNIP - If a woman is freaking out
And that group is women

**SNIP - she does not want a male partner that freaks out even MORE
Males do not have the right to freak out more, or should always be more stable emotionally in response to a situation, and that as a member of this group you are educating him on what women expect.

** SNIP - She does not want a guy who will emulate her emotional state in an attempt to please her or show he sympathizes with her.
Again, emulate indicates that it is not real, and that the only source for his reaction is his wife's reaction, and that he is not at that time dealing with his own reaction that is independent of his wifes. Again, speaking as a member of the group of women.

** SNIP - She wants someone that will provide BALANCE
Personal attack suggesting he does not have BALANCE, speaking on behalf of this group, no of humans, but of women.

** SNIP - She wants a rock that she can lean on if things get really weird
Opposite of which, he is not a rock in your estimation based on his reaction in your opinion.

** SNIP - That applies both ways, in a relationship if the guy is freaking out the female partner provide balance too by calming him down.
This is a good point, in any relationship the other party contributes to stablity.

** SNIP - Yes, many women do see that quality as important in a man.
Yes, and many men like that quality in a woman, me for one

** SNIP - Pretty basic stuff when you think of it from an evolutionary/biological standpoint.

This infers that you hold the belief, not sure, that women chose men as protector, and to be the rock when they had emotional trauma or weakness, and they choose their partners as such, and as a woman you know this. However many cultures this was not the case, and I hardly think all women in evolution chose a man because he could take on the sabre tooth tiger, alot of women are pretty strong in their own right.

So when I see this post, basically you are saying he is lacking in being a man, because a man to you is a rock, and a person who is capable of stuffing his own emotions in order to be there for his female partner, and that she was justified in dumping him for a new partner later because he is basically too wimpy. You did not use the words, but that is basically what you said, and it does not take a smart person to see that. I wish I was overly smart that way.

But you think you did not attack this persons opinion of themself? I agree you did not, because it is obvious he feels like crap for the way his emotions has undermined his life, and that he is having a hard time finding a partner that likes those things, so yeah you are telling him exactly what he already thinks.

Me, I am trying to take a different approach. I am simply saying not to be so hard on himself, and that you have aligned yourself as a woman, not a person, and is just reinforcing concepts that you already believe in as you.

Lets say that you are a woman, which I assume you are and your profile is real. Lets say periods do not affect you emotionally. Yet everytime your partner has a problem he attributes it to you being on your period. After a while would you not get defensive?

Well honestly, as a guy I am just a little tired, yes, I get about 40 spam a say telling me my penis is too small and it is my duty to pleasure a woman, give her a great erection, and climax. And read forum posts from some women that suggest every guy has to be a rock, and emotionally stable, and of a certain temperment.

And the first of the post about your looks was a simple acknowledgement that many guys will subjugate themselves if they think a hot looking woman they have a chance with is looking their way, and well, in the end it is kind of sad for that sort of woman, because alot of her interactions are false, because people do not really tell her the truth because the guy does not want to screw a chance of being with her, so he stuffs his real thoughts.

And this happens even on forums, and that is why there are guys for example who online have female profiles, because they get treated better and less confrontation, and are competed for even online.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SoulOrb

Sir,
I say again, wearing one's heart on their sleeve is simply a statement of emotional transparency. Meaning that it refers to the fact that one is not private about how they feel.

The fact of one being "over-sensitive" has nothing to do with wearing one's heart on their sleeve. You could very well be "over-sensitive" as you put it, and be completely private about that.

It's not that I got winged off, I just approach most things that way. I'm not a very calm type of person in my discussions. I wear my emotions on my sleeve.

Now however, I'm not very sensitive in some situations. Although very empathic, my indifference to what others do stems from a great sense of my own authority.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Now that I've finally had time to sit back and quiet my emotions and mind, I am finding I do not have nearly as much to say as I would have first supposed. Expectations abound.

All I have been able to feel is a thread full of sensitive people, all with different filters. Perhaps we should be responsible for deciphering what's really being conveyed on the other side of those filters. When truly pondering over anyone being over-sensitive it feels as one of the most terribly inappropriate labels we humans attribute to things. The walls begin to climb higher and higher until anything said or perceived is about to strike the earth.

Indeed, as long as we can understand and create new solutions to overcome the limitless boundaries we have set up for ourselves then all is worth communicating about. Our differences may easily divide but our perfections will more than smooth out those rough edges. Everyone is sensitive in our own unique ways, but it is all shared and expressed everywhere we go. I can only see this is as the most wonderful gift we have, the sheer possibilities for real learning. In a site like ATS, there is incredible potential for such profound understanding.

SO: I know I commented briefly earlier on, but another thank you is due, you always bring some of the most interesting things to the table here. I truly do always love your discussions and insight in your videos and posts, you very well know more than words and this is where I will send you the most gratitude. Thank you for being you, for being. There is so much beauty that you have shared with us and I find so much substance with that. Please keep up everything you've been doing!

Be In Peace

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
reply to post by SoulOrb

Sir,
I say again, wearing one's heart on their sleeve is simply a statement of emotional transparency. Meaning that it refers to the fact that one is not private about how they feel.

Yes, phrased that way, I agree 100%. As I mentioned in my video it was simply a judgement from another person who said that term, it was not mine. It was their perception of my transparency, or a judgement. So must likely we are interrring the same thing.

The fact of one being "over-sensitive" has nothing to do with wearing one's heart on their sleeve. You could very well be "over-sensitive" as you put it, and be completely private about that.

Well that is a good point. I was only speaking about it being used in a negative term by one person to diminish the other person by inferring, but I guess, yes it also could be from the individuals point of view I guess. I don't think I do, and well, others might. :-)

Now however, I'm not very sensitive in some situations. Although very empathic, my indifference to what others do stems from a great sense of my own authority.

I am all for people standing in their own authority, and since on some level we are shared consciouness, it is the only way to go. Thanks for clarifying, so basically now, I agree with everything you say.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asmus
Everyone is sensitive in our own unique ways, but it is all shared and expressed everywhere we go. I can only see this is as the most wonderful gift we have, the sheer possibilities for real learning. In a site like ATS, there is incredible potential for such profound understanding.

Well thanks again Asmus for the kind words and encouragement. Yes this is a gift, and there is a way to appreciate that and not make it personal, we are going to disagree and that is the wonderful thing. And you are right these sites like ATS are a true gift because there are alot of people out there that without these sites cannot share.

For me the Internet is freedom. It is the first time in *known* History we have been truly free to talk with one another without censorship, or the information being censored by some authority. Now if a person wants to tell the world about their radical approach through a widget for space travel, there is not a group of peers to censor how crazy, or not crazy, that person is.

And when people over react too much and belittle other people, well, in a way it is like a child that has given a brand new toy and the first thing they do it wack their brother in the head, I mean what do you do with that. You need to take the toy away. And humanity is right now at the brink of being a butterfly with this sharing, and we just need to express our opinions and in a manner not to belittle others opinions.

You know, sometimes I wonder how my forefathers thought. What are the real thoughts, not the ones passed down from the family. What was in side their heads, what was their perceived weaknesses, were they happy, etc.. And this is the first time in known history that in a way besides published journals, or handed down diaries, my grandchildren might not only read my thoughts, but see my thoughts in video, and then see the nature of others reaction to my thoughts, and my reaction to theirs.

And in the future with time viewing technology, those future descendants might remote view their forefather when they were young, and see what *anonymous* screen name they chose, and then look in the archives and check up on what kind of individual they were, and form an opinion in the above manner, which all along their forefather just assumed that no one would ever know because they were on a forum in an anonymous fashion. As I have recently learned, we are never not along, there is entities on the other side of the veil at all times, not in judgement, but still observing us.

I feel a video brewing, thanks for the inspiration.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SoulOrb
So when I see this post, basically you are saying he is lacking in being a man, because a man to you is a rock, and a person who is capable of stuffing his own emotions in order to be there for his female partner, and that she was justified in dumping him for a new partner later because he is basically too wimpy.

I have to disagree with you. When something tragic happens, people want someone they can lean on to tell them everything will be ok even if it isn't true. In the case of a miscarriage, the woman is going to feel it more deeply than the man will. It's her body that was carrying the child, and she is the one who lost the baby. When that happens, many women believe there is something wrong with them or that they did something wrong and that the miscarriage was their fault. The man's sense of loss is real and shouldn't be ignored, but he cannot feel the same things the woman is due to him not being the one who was carrying the baby.

What the woman needs is someone to tell her it wasn't her fault, that there isn't anything wrong with her, that she didn't cause it to happen. She has to deal with the aftermath in a way that a man never will have to. Miscarriages aren't a neat and tidy thing. Without being too crude about it, every time she uses the restroom she is given proof positive that she lost the baby and just the simple act of going to the restroom is likely to feel like a smack in the face. When you can't even go to the bathroom without feeling the loss all over again, what you need is a man who will hold you, let you cry, and reassure you that it isn't your fault. What you need is someone who will be strong for you even if they want to break down too, because you can't be strong for yourself.

That's how relationships work, whether it's a marriage, dating, family, or friendship. You can't all break down at once, you take turns being strong and letting the other cry.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
I have to disagree with you. When something tragic happens, people want someone they can lean on to tell them everything will be ok even if it isn't true.

Well I agree this is true for many women. Now when my ex-wife had her miscarriage this was not really the case, but she was a little upset for a day or so, and she did not really deflect anything towards me. I am not sure I said much about it really, I mean what is there to say. I think I said some of the things you mentioned, but well, we both knew it was not her fault.

I guess we just took it as a sign that the baby had to abort the landing, and we think it might have been a girl, but oh well. We went on to have three wonderful boys, all diverse and energetic spirits finding their own way in lives of their own, and recently I am a new grandfather. The cycle continues.

We were kind of the suck it up and move on as a couple, so well, in those days this topic was not reflective of our experience, but I guess it is reflective of many womans experiences. She did mention it a few times, I am sure there are female issues there for her to deal with as a soul and a person, I have little to offer in that regard, and she might have chosen councilling. I guess. Really, all I could say, is you did the best you could do, and I think we went for Chinese food, our favorite as a couple.

There are some things now I see that a good partner for me basically stays out of. Helping to buy a car with a partner is another one, unless I am asked, and in that case I just do not get involved unless I can take the lead, since I am not a back seat driver in buying a car since I used to sell them and know the system. I am happy with whatever makes them happy, I just do not want the responsibility any more of that stuff.

Another one I have is that a partner cannot do my laundry, and they do not get to critique my clothing before I go out, so you might see why I am single. :-)

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Well I agree this is true for many women.

Not just women, it's true for men as well. If something tragic happens that upsets my husband, I am strong for him when he needs it. If it's the other way around, he is strong for me when I need it. It can't be all give or all take, it has to be both. A relationship will not survive if one partner is always giving and the other always taking. Eventually the giver will get tired of giving and will hand the taker their walking papers.

Another one I have is that a partner cannot do my laundry, and they do not get to critique my clothing before I go out, so you might see why I am single. :-)

Yes I can. Well, it depends.. Do you make it a habit to go to nice places with ripped, dirty, oil-covered clothing that's full of holes? If you do, you might want to re-examine your no critiquing rule. Other than that you should be ok.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Well first off, I never meant to highjack part of this thread for analysis of my own personal situations. I have used both situations to grow and learn from them. My intentions was to show how these labels are not really a producrive thing to use in most cases. In my opinion because everyones definition of these labels is different to some degree or another.

In my original post I did a bad job of trying to get to this point, partially because I was running out of room and partially because it is something I don't talk about much anymore because there is always strong emotions tied to them in particular the abortion situation.

I was hoping more would be taken from the mams boy label that was thrown at me as a reason not to try to get to know me and date me. I have seen this person more recently and got the destinct impression that she regretted this decision. Since we were both in relationships at the time, obviously there was nothing to be done.

My own personal insight into myself and how I handle things has lead me to believe that it is not that fact that someone is sensitive that is necesarily the problem. What is more important is when and where they choose to display these emotions. I feel that this is what Jenna was trying to make clear for me and I appreciate that.

Sensitivity is a very important quality and I feel is a main ingredient in what sets us apart from other life on our planet. It is also what I fear is lacking in much of the leadership of our governments and businesses. And this is a very real and dangerous problem. These are the points that are important to this topic, not one persons experiences. And I am sorry for not making this point better the first time. Sometimes when I post I tend to lose my focus because I try to explain things to indepth.

I just want to reaffirm that I am thankful for soulorb starting this thread and hope that we can get back to having a productive discussion about it.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by JennaDo you make it a habit to go to nice places with ripped, dirty, oil-covered clothing that's full of holes? If you do, you might want to re-examine your no critiquing rule. Other than that you should be ok.

True, but if I did, I wished to. :-)

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SoulOrb

No attack here the way other people are doesn't bother me one bit all my friends are different just telling how i feel about the subject.I just had this talk with my mom the other day who claims she is too sensitive.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Example "false sense of over enlightenment"? Was the word enlightenment in my video? Did I say I was Enlightened? In fact I do not even believe in enlightenment.

That was just a saying I made up to portray my point that both sides of sensitive extremism can only lead to close-mindedness. You did not even mention the world enlightenment. I just related being sensitive to being more spiritually ascended.

Maybe you felt I was saying I was being superior to you, or others.

Just a little bit. But I still feel as though you do not see it.

And 21, wow, yeah, I mean young adults these days are miles ahead us people in my generation, and much more involved, of course today there is technology to do it more, and I was sort of always involved, but you know, not sure I would where you are. I had an email then, but no one to talk with, I was one of the few people in my Country.

I am glad you think so. I've always felt the need to help others.

However if you look at the your post, you are very defensive and I do not recall attacking you, maybe challenged you to say more

Not really what I would call "very defensive", but I was trying to show my perspective a little bit. So if you think that my response was inflammatory, all I can tell you is that that is not the way I had intended it to turn out.

If you do not trust me, it is your problem, I do not pursue anyone, they just find me and like to talk with me.

When did I say I don't trust you? It is one thing to not trust someone, and another taking suggestions with a grain of salt.

I just can't be responsible for your perceptions any more than for my sons and his insecurities. He gets flipped out because this girl he knows likes older guys and he thinks I would take advantage of her. I said, honestly, it is all in your mind, I can get my own chicks thanks idea.

Nor can I be responsible for your perceptions. I think we have a misunderstanding then now that I feel that you didn't perceive my post correctly, and you feel I didn't perceive your video or posts correctly.

I thought your post was neutral until -
Any more than for your sons and his insecurities? That my friend, is a judgment right there. Please do not compare me to your son whom I know nothing about, not to mention you know nothing about me other than what you have read.

So, look, I can see what you are saying, I am in no way being judgemental, and I am saying simply you should be allowed to write about your life, or you decide to tell the world a deep dark secret on this forum, not to be MURDERED in some other persons words who send me a message offline for expressing your opinion.

But you see, you just judged me by comparing me to your son.

Though, I am glad you stand for writing about your life and expressing your opinions without being murdered by others. I agree with that full-heartedly.

And that is what the video is about, and I fail to see why the spirit of the video is about that and you are so irritated.

I like your choice of words.. Irritated.

I was not really irritated, I just wanted you to see my viewpoint.

Creating an environment where you can be yourself, without being razed to the core, which I have never done here, and I could if I wanted to, but honestly, it is just not me. And as for the Ego you suggested, it is assurance, not Ego, there is a difference. Assured behavior is knowing your direction, Ego is when you think you are the direction.

Okay, well I'm glad you cleared that up. Everyone has an ego to a certain extent, I just believe that yours is slightly bigger than normal. But I'm glad you have assurance. One could argue that assurance and having an ego go hand-in-hand. I wont.

Anyways, I hope you don't believe that my post now is in anyway inflammatory because I tried to keep it as civil as possible. I just think we have a misunderstanding in this case. I can see that you mean well, but I still think you should step back and read your posts because many are way more defensive than any of mine.

Just a suggestion.. You should chill out just a little bit.

And by the way, sorry it took me so long to respond, I was extremely busy with finals. I just didn't want you to think I was ignoring you.

Have a pleasant day.

[edit on 6/3/2009 by FadeToBlack]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SoulOrb

SoulOrb, i really appreciate what you have posted. I agree with you as well, some jokes that most find funny really are just offensive etc. However, dont let it get to you! Remember all people have their own values and standards, who are we to impose our values and standards on anybody else.

Unless you can justify your values logically without drawing upon any anecdotes, cultural values, societal values etc, then I would be glad to hear them!

Thanks Soul

Brad

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by FadeToBlack
But you see, you just judged me by comparing me to your son.

Only comparison was generational and point in life experience, you are both around the same age and same gender, both seem motivated to live life strongly, that is all I was speaking to.

I can see that you mean well, but I still think you should step back and read your posts because many are way more defensive than any of mine.

Many times I am not defending to what is written, I get a whole packet of information with your post, only part of which I can trust, I simply go with my intuitive sense of that to say. I might have been addressing something with that person that only them and I know, and which is not relevant to you. You might not know that information, and wonder why I said something, the other person knows.

Hope you did well with our exams.

[edit on 3-6-2009 by SoulOrb]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Many times I am not defending to what is written, I get a whole packet of information with your post, only only part of which I can trust.

What do you mean only part of which you can trust? I think my previous post portrayed that we can have little disagreements, yet still be friends.

Hope you did well with your exams.

Why thank you. I did quite well.

I hope all is well with you.
By the way, I added you to my friends list. Where is Halifax, Nova Scotia?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Many times I am not defending to what is written, I get a whole packet of information with your post, only only part of which I can trust.

Well, I do not find that intuitive sense is that reliable, because often it is filtered by our own perceptions, and it is hard to not let emotion filter it. For example when I said trust, you personalized it thinking I could not trust you, as where actually I was speaking as lack of trust for my own intuition.

Hey thanks for the add, oh yeah, I do not take anything personal, although I will say that the way I say things does not come across in that I intend them, which is just a way my nature is, I do not relate things in normal wording. LOL Stresses people out.

Thanks for the friend add.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join