It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Came Back From the Clinic

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by phoenixs1
I am so glad I found this forum and thank you to Elephaeagle and others for sharing their stories.

Thank you for sharing yours, and I hope that you are feeling better. As of now, I'm still quite weak, sore throat, and now an upper respiratory infection. When I told the doctor that I felt like it was going into my chest, I guess he believed me, and I was right!

Apologies to other readers, going to respond in a row...been down and out for the last few days.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone
Why do people run to the doctor for every little sniffle?
You only crud up the system for people who are really sick.

People who are really sick shouldn't be going to doctor's offices and giving it to people who don't have it.
If you are really so sick, go the the hospital.

20 years ago my whole family was sick -- no one went to the doctor or even call him.

We all survived!

I don't think people run to the doctor for every little sniffle; at least not here in the U.S. when the majority of people don't benefit from health care that would allow them to afford a doctor's visit.

I ran in, admittedly, because I did have the symptoms marketed by the CDC; and despite not watching TV, and staying away from the news, I caught the bug too.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by phoebeflakes
I hope the only reason the doc didn't test you for swine flu is because the symptoms didn't appear severe enough, or that there was no reason to believe it was anything other than a normal sort of flu....

I just got sick with something the last couple days here. My sister came from Nova Scotia where some of the first Canadian swine flu cases were. My boyfriends parents just got back from Mexico about a week ago. My mom's friend's son is one of the cases in Ontario - he got it from going to BC on a work-related trip, he thinks....
So there we have 3 potential ways that I've been exposed now. Great lol....

I've been sleeping for 3 days, have all the symptoms other than I never took a thermometer to figure out what my fever was at.
It's just like a normal flu right now, only my throat is unusually painful and the head congestion is unlike anything I've ever experienced. It's actually dehydrating me. I went through 2 double size rolls of toilet paper blowing my nose within the last 24 hours and that's despite me putting it off because I was too tired and achey to move, ignoring it when I can because my nose is about to fall off from the chafing. I can't hear properly out of either ear from the pressure. It'll feel clear for a moment after blowing my nose and then suddenly just fill up and start um...spilling out..I have to be prepared haha...sorry that's gross.

Oh, also, woke up and felt like I hadn't been breathing, and like I couldn't breath. I don't have any congestion in my lungs or throat though, just my head, so I thought that was odd. I ended up nearly panicking because it was such a struggle to get feeling like my breaths were getting me any oxygen, so that didn't help...odd. It wasn't like my chest was tight or anything either. But after a half hour I seemed to have worked it out and got things going again lol

Feeling better for the moment, enough to sit around awake in bed with my laptop, and be drowsy from cold meds at best.....
Loaded myself up with cayenne and vitamins and teas and whatnot.
I don't want to go in and be tested. My cousin got sick and said they wouldn't even let her into the emerge ward to start with. So probably no point in drawing attention to my self, seeing as I work FOR the services running that hospital....and have no shifts for a few weeks coming up. And won't get the flu shot. Oh my. Rebel. They don't much appreciate that...as if it would stop the swine flu.

Anyway, if it isn't swine flu (i'm guessing this is pretty rare by comparison anyhow), there is definitely other stuff going around....
Take care of yourself!

You take care, too! I hope you have experienced some relief from those symptoms. Seems like many of the cases on here are more severe than what I am experiencing.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by goobledeygok
Virus and Bacteria are two completely different things, as well as Fungi, 3 complete and separate Pathogens lumped into one by the mainstream media and Doctors.

Antibiotics only work on 12 different "Bacteria", Antibiotics don't even begin to cover "VIRUS or FUNGI". Silver kills Hundreds of different types of Bacteria and quite a few Virus. Dig deeper folks, you are being robbed of vital knowledge that we should all have.

Virus and Bacteria are easily killed by "Colloidal Silver", Homeland Security uses it and Airplanes have Silver impregnated Air Filters

Very good info. I was surprised that they gave myself, and my co-worker, anti-biotics, as I know that they can't fight a virus. However, this info on colloidal silver is great. Thank you, I will look into this.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
hey there, 'just came back from the clinic'

the staff did you a bug favor by not administering a flu shot...
did you know that the 1976 SIV, swine flu outbreak had more people
die from the immunization than the randomly caught Flu itself...

myself...being a good citizen (albiet a naive citizen) went to the local
flu shot clinic that President Ford urged us all to go to....
got my gov't paid shot, and 2 hours later i had 104 temperature, delirium, etc...
i was reacting to the EGG cultured immunization, the staff never warned
the populace of allergic reaction if one is allergic to whole eggs.

trouble is --- I nor anyone else can sue the government for gross neglience in regards to the '76 swine flu fiascos.

the only innoculations i've voluntarily taken since that episode is 2 teatnus shots and a pneumonia shot from the VA clinic...
i'd rather be sick 3-5 days with a flu than risk any other bureaucratic ineptitude...

thanks,

Flu shots freak me out. Haven't had one in years, and I seem to never get the flu (this year's an exception).

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Elepheagle

I'm sorry to hear about your new infection, and I must admit it scares me a bit. I feel like I'm pretty much over it, but for some ongoing weakness, but I've coughed up some phlegm today for the first time. How many days after it started did you get the chest infection? Were you otherwise feeling over it? I'm so scared this will come back for round 2.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I'm all better now...lol..just thought I'd let you know. I hope you're feeling better too...

So far everybody here is really emphasizing that most people that DO have the swine flu, like as in confirmed and everything, have been recovering really well and finding the symptoms are mostly minor....
I know that isn't the case everywhere else, like Mexico, for instance, but in any case, I do hope that if you did in fact get it, that it passed like a seasonal flu with little trouble in the end, anyhow...

I hear about everyone getting over paranoid and the media blowing it out of proportion like crazy and all that, but then I stop and wonder if here they are minimizing it lol.. How does one even know how to take stuff anymore...geez....
I figure my chances of dying in a car accident within the next 24 hours are probably worse by far, than dying of the swine flu though, so I hope I'm not being a fool by choosing to not give it any more energy, worry, attention, than something like that.....or at least trying not to haha...
It's a tough call, there's so much confusion and different people in different situations with sometimes very good credentials and expertise but with totally different reactions to the whole thing....who to trust, right...grr...

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Phoebe and Phoenix-
Glad you're "out of the woods" so to speak. A secondary infection is VERY common after flu, and can be viral or bacterial. Try not to panic, boost your immune system as much as you can, and try to rest.

Also- if you two have had the same thing we all had here in the Midwest US in Feb/March- it can go from 2 weeks to 6 weeks- I have friends who were sick for literally both Feb and March. I had it badly for 2 weeks, and weakly for the third. It still took me another 2 weeks or so to get some strength back up.

I had my second spinal surgery in the autumn of '08, and I can attest to the severity of the aches- thank God for opioids (at least in my case).
I agree with most here, that we have all had- or have- some variety of one of the two strains that are circulating. I've also noticed some of my friends around the country (from emails, Facebook, etc.), are getting ill again. My only conclusion is that we might have had H3N2 and now we'regetting H1N1, or vice versa- if it were the same strain, we'd have antibodies after having been sick once this winter/spring.

Keep track of your own symptoms, your friends and families, and let's all use the new thread to correlate them. Maybe (as I said earlier) we can help each other through support, but also scientifically- if many of us present with similar symptoms simultaneously, that seem anamolous to seasonal flu, we could submit some info as a group, perhaps (albeit, anonymously if necessary) to CDC, local health departments, etc., and lend something to the process of protecting others.

Be well and let's look after each other

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by phoenixs1
reply to post by Elepheagle

I'm sorry to hear about your new infection, and I must admit it scares me a bit. I feel like I'm pretty much over it, but for some ongoing weakness, but I've coughed up some phlegm today for the first time. How many days after it started did you get the chest infection? Were you otherwise feeling over it? I'm so scared this will come back for round 2.

Hey-

When I went to see the doctor, on the date of the OP, I had mentioned to him that I felt like whatever I had might be "moving" into my chest area. He listened to my lungs, said they were clear, but prescribed the antibiotics nonetheless. I started feeling "over" the swine flu symptoms about a week after they started; well most of them anyway.

I still find myself with a lack of energy, but that could be due to the fact that I am not sleeping well at all, and have not been since I've been on antibiotics. Tossing, turning, and extremely vivid, and bizarre dreams. I mean, I know dreams tend to be bizarre, but these are...out there.

In addition, I am coughing up some serious phlegm in the mornings, something that is not common for me. However, I don't really feel like I have much of a chest infection, possibly because I hit it with antibiotics early.

Lastly, I am waking up each morning with a TERRIBLE sore throat. Just wretched; lasts about an hour, and slowly fades into nothing.

Monitor yourself; upper respiratory infections are quite nasty.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join