It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul discusses the GOP and Audit the Fed bill with Rachel Maddow

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
One of the best interviews I've seen with Ron Paul.

First of all...i give many kudos to Rachel Maddow for being respectful to Ron Paul and letting him speak. It's funny that Democrats/Liberals give more respect to Ron Paul than Republicans.

He rips the 2 party system and claims they are the same....and says we need another party to rise up..but the laws are stopping it.

Democrats cater to the right wing...Republicans cater to the left....there is no REAL difference!!!

He got to talk about his Audit the Fed bill to a different audience..which is great. He also criticized the GOP and NEWT GINGRICH.

Let's hope he's (newt) not in the running in 2012...he's NOT the answer..not even close.

The only choice that I can see...that I would like to have as President is Ron Paul...i see no other choices...although I would love to have them.

After all...it's not REALLY about Ron Paul...it's the message he gives! Where are the other people out there who are honest and tell it like it is? Where are those who support there ideology and actually SHOW it?

It's a good vid...have a watch. The interview starts at 1:12. The rest before is about the GOP and Limbaugh....and how they suck.

Btw...the "Audit the Fed" bill now has 124 co sponsors...including 14 Democrats which is great news!

Read...learn...support our liberties and the Constitution!

"We the People" have the real power! We have let it slip away!

[edit on 6-5-2009 by David9176]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I dont care much for good ole Rachel Maddow, but I will give her credit at least she showed him some respect and let him speak without interupting him 50 times. Ron Paul is really growing on me. He reminds me of Ross Perot. I voted for him back in the day and as we go through these financial issues I cant help but remember back to the things he said and how most of them turned out to be true.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Ron Paul really is the balance between both parties...he believes in the USA being generous and taking care of it's citizens but not through taxation. The government has many ways to raise capital...but it should not be through taxation of income that societies goals are met.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

She gave him more respect than Sean Hannity who has done nothing but HATE on him from the beginning.

Strange really...i guess RP just doesn't go along with Hannity's Neo-Con blabbering.

Bah...I hate hannity.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Yeah I hear you. I like Fox News just for the fact that they balance out the rantings on MSNBC. I take it all with a grain of salt. But I do hate when Hannity and Bill O'Reilly talk over their guests all the time. You cant even learn the guests point of view for all the interupting. Then you have to waste an hour going online to see what the guest really beleives. Why even have quests if you arent going to let them answer the darn questions you ask?

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

I agree...they both suck. The only one that i give SOME credibility to is GB...but I don't agree with him on torture (which he supports)...nor do i agree with his foreign policy stance (which is staying in Iraq for 25 years!). Religion is too big with him....and I think that dictating policy based on Religion is a bad thing..IMO. Freedom to the individual....cripes where are the others out there who preach, support, and actually VOTE based on it...or the Constitution itself?

Anyway, it's strange just to see this on MSNBC....and do you think Olberman would be as respectful? I highly doubt it.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Everytime I watch Keith Olbermann I want to jump through the TV screen and choke the life out of him. He is such an idiot. I usually try to catch his show though. Its like watching a train wreck and it gives me a good excuse to be pissed off for an hour

I wish Obama would be a guest on his show so he could bow to him and lick his feet. I am pretty sure he has some kind of gay love for the man.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

I think people are craving honesty. They want what they vote for. They don't want someone who flip flops and changes policy on the fly with no explanation...or try to misdirect and confuse the public.

People are also tired of all of the media bias....which is everywhere.

I'd love to see many of these commentators start having REAL, working (hopefully), middle class people on their shows.

Get the thoughts of the middle class out there. Quit telling people what they think they should be thinking!

Most politicians know NOTHING.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Thanks for the heads up on the Ron Paul interview. I agree that Rachel Maddow, and Keith Olbermann, too, have their strengths and weaknesses as far as their show goes, but you have to give them credit for some very interesting interviews, especially recently. Did you see Rachel's interview with Matt Taibbi recently? Matt is the Rolling Stone magazine journalist who did that great investigative article on the Dirty Dozen of the Wall Street financial meltdown. Here is the link for the Rachel Maddow shop transcripts:

www.msnbc.msn.com...

If you missed that interview, that transcript is available on Rachel's web site. Olbermann also did an interesting but brief interview with John Dean about the video interview given by Condoleeza Rice recently at Stanford University, where she discussed torture as a policy measure in the Bush administration.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Uphill

I don't disagree with everything Olberman says...he does get on my nerves though. He does stand up for individual rights...sometimes...just as those on Fox News do.

I don't like the fact that he slurred tea party protesters....Rachel maddow did it as well.

Many of those WERE RP supporters who were getting beaten up for no reason.

I've never seen so many Audit the Fed signs in my life that day....all over television.

How many times did the MSM bring that up?

Not ONCE.

Liberty and individual freedom is a great thing...unfortunately i've yet to see a commmentator on any of the major news networks represent that.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
THis bill now has a whopping 134 CO SPONSORS!!!!

Awesome.

These are the new co sponsors.....

Rep Schakowsky, Janice D. [IL-9] - 5/6/2009 Democrat
Rep Linder, John [GA-7] - 5/6/2009 Republican (Leader of the Fairtax)
Rep Aderholt, Robert B. [AL-4] - 5/6/2009 Republican
Rep Davis, Geoff [KY-4] - 5/6/2009 Republican
Rep Dent, Charles W. [PA-15] - 5/6/2009 Republican
Rep Radanovich, George [CA-19] - 5/6/2009 Republican
Rep Schock, Aaron [IL-18] - 5/6/2009 Republican
Rep Herseth Sandlin, Stephanie [SD] - 5/6/2009 Democrat
Rep Austria, Steve [OH-7] - 5/6/2009 Republican
Rep Adler, John H. [NJ-3] - 5/6/2009 Democrat (House Financial Services Committee Member)
www.campaignforliberty.com...

top topics

join