It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fast food chain KFC converts eight London restaurants to halal-only menu

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
It would be interesting to see if the franchise owners of these KFCs are Muslims themselves.
It sure would explain a lot.

Wonder how the Muslims would feel if we demanded that we buy ham and egg burgers from their specialty take away food shops.

I guess the meat would really hit the fan.

I mean, how many shops do these people have to take over and convert to their beliefs?
There population isn't THAT big. So I don't buy that there is a huge market for all this.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Well just like my mother told me.....

If you dont have anything constructive to say dont say anything....

So i choose to keep my opinion to myself this time.....

I'm going back to the UK for the 1st time in 10 yrs in July / August so this and other stories are giving me a heads up on what to expect from the Loonies in the mother land....

[edit on 7-5-2009 by Disclosure Agent]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightSkyeB4Dawn

Originally posted by Logarock

Originally posted by FMLuder
Gee, hate to get all cynical on y'all at the Daily Mail but...

Maybe this was a financially-motivated move by KFC??? Their stores in Muslim 'ghetto' areas might have been losing business to local chicken houses and kebab shops that do halal, so they're moving in on that territory... I don't like Halal practice (or Islam for that matter), but this isn't a 'moral' issue.

Perhaps your right. Maybe we should see KFC as a good will extension of a western private enterprise willing to adapt thus adding to the general feeling of well being and acceptance toward all people and their ways. Just as long as its good old KFC coming out of the steamer in the end.

Americans are good to talk but there are Chines restaurants in this country in the most far out places and all points in between and we eat the heck out of that food. Some day the White House will be a Chines restaurant.

I don't understand.

Are you saying that KFC should start selling Chinese food because there are Chinese people in far out places selling Chinese food?

Or are you saying that the Chinese restaurants should start selling KFC?

[edit on 8-5-2009 by NightSkyeB4Dawn]

Yes lol. Colonel Sanders is rolling in his grave.

[edit on 8-5-2009 by Logarock]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by spitefulgod

Yeah another PETA Nazi. :shk: What exactly does your shock tactics have to do with KFC using Halal certified meat? Or Kosher for that matter?

You can strawman with your pictures (I worked in a processing plant one summer so your pictures have ZERO shock value with me
) or the fact that im staff, but do you want to discuss the subject or what?

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

Where exactly did the Muslims DEMAND that Halal meat be served?

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Really what is the big deal, I could care less if its Halal or Kosher if the flavor of the food is the same I don't care. Like some have said Halal and Kosher ways of fixing food are similar and lot more between the two religions are similar than that its just that neither will admit it. If you know Muslims and Jews spend some time around them, don't speak speak about the other and when they eat, cook, pray and socialize you will see the similarities.

For people who say KFC chicken is not chicken, there meat comes straight from Tyson so if anyone blame Tyson and not KFC. My aunts Neighbor has a farm and his Chicken's go to Tyson. What Tyson does to the chickens that's unclear and I'd look to them for whatever happens to the chickens there already dead when KFC gets them.

About Muslim woman and what they wear; did yall know Muslims didn't start the practice of covering woman the ancient Greeks were the ones who covered there woman and Muslims adopted the process, the first Muslim women did not even wear Hijab's.

I see this as a way for more Muslim Business plain and simple and if the majority of the people in your market are Muslims you will conform to them not the other way around.

[edit on 8-5-2009 by jatsc]

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
In Christianity it is an offence because they are sacrificed to other God's, but since no one is a Christian any more in the UK it is fine for Muslims to have it there way.

Christians should protest, the problem is that they they selves don't even know their own Bibles. Christ was the sacrifice for our sins we don't need to repeat these rituals, KFC makes me sick these days anyway and that is probably why, maybe if they sacrificed it to Satan they would not mind either.

1 Corinthians 8

Concerning Food Sacrificed to Idols

1 Now about food sacrificed to idols: We know that “We all possess knowledge.” But knowledge puffs up while love builds up. 2 Those who think they know something do not yet know as they ought to know. 3 But whoever loves God is known by God.[a]
4 So then, about eating food sacrificed to idols: We know that “An idol is nothing at all in the world” and that “There is no God but one.” 5 For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as indeed there are many “gods” and many “lords”), 6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

7 But not everyone possesses this knowledge. Some people are still so accustomed to idols that when they eat sacrificial food they think of it as having been sacrificed to a god, and since their conscience is weak, it is defiled. 8 But food does not bring us near to God; we are no worse if we do not eat, and no better if we do.

Text

As far as I am concerned Halal Meat is sacrificed to an idol because Johovah and Allah are two seperate Gods and it should be taken as an offence that people without knowing are eating meat sacrificed to another God.

1 Timothy 4
1 The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. 2 Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron. 3 They forbid people to marry and order them to abstain from certain foods, which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and who know the truth. 4 For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, 5 because it is consecrated by the word of God and prayer.
Text

Colossians 2

Freedom From Human Rules

16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. 17 These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.

20 Since you died with Christ to the elemental spiritual forces of this world, why, as though you still belonged to the world, do you submit to its rules: 21 “Do not handle! Do not taste! Do not touch!”? 22 These rules, which have to do with things that are all destined to perish with use, are based on merely human commands and teachings. 23 Such regulations indeed have an appearance of wisdom, with their self-imposed worship, their false humility and their harsh treatment of the body, but they lack any value in restraining sensual indulgence.

Text

Christians should be saying why should we eat food blessed to false god or idol? Clearly they are not of the same God and they should be offended by this because the Christian blessing of thanking God for food has been interupted before it gets to their plate. Why this whole process in the UK anyone?

So why is it an offence to them to not eat Halal meat? Is it ok to bless that food to some idol which other religious people interpret as offensive in the same light?
I tell you why because as long as everyone else is subdued as second class infedel status by Islamic Supremacy it is one victory over them and no one really cares why because they already help ban the common knowledge of the majority religion in your work places and public schools while they get their special prayer times and customs as long as your religion has been stamped out. It's not all Muslims fault but faithless governements allow it they have no answer inside athiesm.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by boaby_phet

Your user name

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join