It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for Christians

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I have a question for Christians, indulge me if you will. If you believe in the possibillity of supreme being , then surely you cannot dismiss things like time travel as being impossible, with me so far? With that being said, isnt' it JUST as possible as God, that religion could be the work of time travelers as an experiment to see how we in the past would react? Not saying your wrong, just asking if you can agree thats its JUST as plausible.

Not asking you to denounce your faith or anything like that, just weigh in on what I am asking. If an omnipotent being can exist, then time travel is not nearly as far fetched. And my theory is just as possible and cannot be proven to be true or untrue, just like your God. N'est-ce pas?

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Come on , someone must be able to defend/attack/support/debunk

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I'll answer!

And yes..I've thought about that--many times. Religion is possibly the most powerful force you can use against people, since faith goes to the very core of a person..and its right next door, if not the essence..of superstition.

I've had several experiences in my own life that tells me..things aren't linear; that time and perception is "pliable". I don't know how it works..by any means--but it obviously does. Whats to stop those who are intent on their own agenda..to tweak with the future? Or at least--perception.

I agree! I think its not only possible; its probably common.

)

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Exactly, depending on how seriously the future is affeected by altering the past, who knows what possibly could have been introduced or taken away from us, in the same breath, UFO's could be another implanted thing from the future. It actually makes your brain hurt to think about it

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by stereovoyaged

No, being a firm believer(in God and the Lord Jesus) myself I see what you might mean. Unfortunately humans from the future wouldn't know every aspect of individual people's lives. Future human is a theory that code proponents use to validate the codes but not with God. Bible codes demonstrate far more extensive knowledge such as exact times of death and the like, and I don't think they would study past lives too often. Or would they?

Perhaps Jesus was a future human?

Keep thinking! I don't share this viewpoint but its an interesting idea.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
If Jesus was from the future it would make a lot of sense. And he could have quite possibly orchistrated the biggest hoax in the history of time. The possibilities are endless

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Yes, it does. I think, though--the distraction in this is..we don't "know" if this is possible. We live in a world that..as far as what we think we know..has no experience with this. Just like a magician..something shiny..it grabs your attention and tempts you to think the rules have changed. But..truth is..even if this is so..and I think it is--the fascination probably lies more with the fact that its out of our experience, and therefore seems almost magic. Who isn't attracted to a good magician? Who hasn't said at least once..how did he DO that??!

I don't think there's any more conflict in the possibility of time travel and Christian faith than there is in believing televisions work. May not know how! I don't really, but just because I don't know how to do it myself..doesn't mean its a mystery. It just means..its a mystery to me.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by stereovoyaged

First off I like to say loved your post very interesting star for you my friend. As of right now I beleive in time travel but not in our current states. I beleive after death we will be doing this alot. i mean what are we gonna be doing in heaven forever and ever? We gonna be servants? Na God has angels for that. Are we gonna worship 24/7? Na dont think God needs that. I think we are gonna be truly free to roam around forward and backward in time, exploring all that God created. If you think about it God has to have something to keep us entertained.

top topics

join