It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Notice of privacy practices" read this revised VA document

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

"Notice of privacy practices" read this revised VA document

www1.va.gov

"How VHA May Use or Disclose Your Health Information
Federal law allows us to use or disclose your health information without your permission for the following purposes"
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Oh man, if you know a veteran please advise them of this change to the privacy act. I am a veteran receiving medical care and decided to read this pamphlet and I am amazed that this blurb is in the act!!!
LAW ENFORCEMENT, JUDICAL OR ADMINISTRATIVE PROCEEDINGS, NATIONAL SECURITY MATTER may be disclosed without your permission!!!!!! I just want to thank this website for making ME be observant, question authority and dig for the truth.. or else i would have just thrown this pamphlet away!!!!! good god.. I called the number to discuss this with the operator and she said "I am sorry but it is a federal law", i then said "do you think this is right?" but her response was the same.... if you know anyone in the army or receiving benefits i am pretty sure they do not know this REVISED EDITION, (look at the new date of this publication)... i need a beer...

www1.va.gov
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Sadly, the VA has been repopulated with leadership that is on the same level as the FDA, or FCC, etc.

The process of political appointment to posts of importance has handed over our institutions to people who don't 'serve'. They scheme, plot, and contrive.

Thanks for the head's up, as a Vet, I might not have noticed that early enough to protect myself from the intrusive abuse of the establishment.

[edit on 6-5-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
OK ignorance claim here lol, why exactly is it bad if they can release information that you are in a bind with the law or have been?

Maybe I completely read it wrong or missed something, enlighten me if you will.

Edit ah ha I did misinterpret it your health records are/can be released to the law when going through some type of proceedings. Is that the correct assumption?

[edit on 6-5-2009 by Darthorious]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
This is just more of the stripping of our privacy that got a major foothold with HIPAA. (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act). In the guise of protecting privacy, they have essentially taken away it away, while still threatening to jail ground level people for minor infractions.

As a First Responder, I am not allowed to discuss anyone's health or condition status even with their family. I can be put in jail for telling a parent that their kid has the symptoms of drug overdose. OTOH, my doctor has no choice but to provide my health records to the CDC or any other government agency deemed legitimate by...you guessed it.... The government!

This doesn't surprise me a bit. Am I the only one wondering what this essentially overblown fake "pandemic" of swine fluis practice for?

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Darthorious

the term of "judicial or administrative proceedings" is a legal jargon to apply this law for anything they want. As for the "law enforcement or National Security concerns" statement, why would they have to include this blurb? unless they know our troops our being posioned by "anti-depressants", which we know the truth about these "pills". But the statement of "without permission" is intolerable. Would you allow your medical information to be released without permission? remember what you say can be used against you in the court of law? so if you take some meds then it can be used in a court of law... because your health information is public. (to them)....????

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Once again if you look at the Blair Holt "proposed" gun law it states at item 8 - "an authorization by the applicant to release to the attorney General or an authorized representative of the attorney general any mental health records pertaining to the applicant. " If you are a veteran and are taking meds for ANYTHING then without your permission your medical info may be used without your permission. Therefore you could be denied to buy a gun!!!! or worse, you cannot get a job due to this being available to a government entity... guess you is backing all the loans to banks, autos, ??? IN the name of nationalization... hmmmmm

top topics

join