It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House bypasses governor's veto to claim Oklahoma's sovereignty

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   

House bypasses governor's veto to claim Oklahoma's sovereignty

www.newsok.com

Key said HCR 1028, which, if passed, would be sent to Democratic President Barack Obama and the Democratic-controlled Congress, would not jeopardize federal funds but would tell Congress to "get back into their proper constitutional role.” The resolution states the federal government should "cease and desist” mandates that are beyond the scope of its powers.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Oklahoma Declares Sovereignty

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Apparently this has been some time in the making, but now it's being taken to the next level.

Another state telling the Federal government to check it's ego at the door. It will be interesting to see how the Federal government uses their funding leverage to try and make the 'unruly' states submit to their will.

Cease and desist indeed.

www.newsok.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Would not jeopardize federal funds? Nuts to that. OK needs to tear up some checks and refuse to pay into the fed.

Every state needs to.

Then every individual needs to.

I want some liberty before I die. What a waste to live and die a slave.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
So, we have Texas, Georgia, and now Okalahoma. I love it and I am glad to see some states standing up for their rights, even if mine isn't......yet.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
It is good to see the States fighting back. The federal government has clearly over stepped its bounds. Good for Oklahoma.

Key said many federal laws violate the 10th Amendment, which says powers not delegated to the U.S. government "are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.” The Constitution lists about 20 duties required of the U.S. government, he said.

Congress should not be providing bailouts to financial institutions and automakers, he said.

"We give all this money to all these different entities, including automakers, and now they’re talking about, ‘Well maybe it’s better to let them go bankrupt,’” Key said. "Well, maybe we should have let them go bankrupt before we gave them the money..”

Totally agree with this statement. Did everyone see that the 7 Billion dollars given to Chrysler is not going to be paid back?
money.cnn.com...
>POOF< 7 Billion dollars gone into thin air. What a great investment that was.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Would not jeopardize federal funds?.

The money is blackmail. Do what we want, or else.

top topics

join