It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA using Patriot Act against its own citizens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   

USA using Patriot Act against its own citizens

www.youtube.com

Sixteen-year-old Ashton Lundeby's bedroom in his mother's Granville County home is nothing, if not patriotic. Images of American flags are everywhere on the bed, on the floor, on the wall.

But according to the United States government, the tenth-grade home-schooler is being held on a criminal complaint that he made a bomb threat from his home on the night of Feb. 15.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Pretty scary stuff right here I would say

Basically, this is a PRIME example on how absolutely anybody, regardless of age, is able to be not only arrested but also stripped of all human rights in the process.

And the guy saying that the patriot act was created to help everyone is a complete lie. It was made to oppress the people and strip them of their rights.

Good Luck Everyone!

www.youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
WOW - does that ever HIT HOME!!

I rallied against the patriot act when it first went up for legislation after 911 - then they revised it including the Patriot ACT 2 - which included U.S. citizens being taken without anyone being notified nor would the govt. EVER have to admit they are holding someone without charges.

When the Patriot act was implemented - it was when Bush was "saying you are with us or with the terrorist - in anything we do". It silenced people. I still called all my reps and Sen. etc about it, but they were going along with everything, of course.

In essence the patriot act can be used on all of us for almost anything - it took our rights for "due process" - just as the vid shows.

I am IMPRESSED with the News station for doing this story!!

AWESOME FIND!!

Lets get this to the FRONT of ATS - come on people STAR THIS THREAD!!!
Bring it to the attention OF EVERYONE - for more understanding of how our "Rights" have completely vanished - under our noses and with our approval, thinking it was a "WAR on Terrorism" - the fact is it is a "WAR ON THE PEOPLE"!

STAR THIS THREAD TO THE FRONT!! PLEASE!!

[edit on 6-5-2009 by questioningall]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
This is really old news.

Anyone who's been paying attention for the last 8 years would know the patriot act has been misused and abused to enhance the rights of the police over the individuals.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Quite a few posts already done on this.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The one being pointed to by a Mod is this one.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
I rallied against the patriot act when it first went up for legislation after 911 - then they revised it including the Patriot ACT 2 - which included U.S. citizens being taken without anyone being notified nor would the govt. EVER have to admit they are holding someone without charges.

Somehow reminds me of a bunch of other countries. Like (now extinct) Eastern Germany, (now extinct) Soviet Union and (sadly still there) North Korea.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
how's the messiah's (Obama) plan of abolishing that enabling act going along?

Change.

Yes we can...

...take you for a ride to hell.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Long Lance

Why would Obama shut it down when he voted in favor of the Patriot Act's second revision? I don't think he ever said anything about repealing the Patriot Act in his campaign.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37

He promised change and indeed there were some changes in rev 2.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
So now it's being used and shown people are angry?

What happened to all the intelligent Americans when this was being passed? Where was the argument then?

Sorry folks, but if you didn't protest against this when it was being proposed, you have no right to bitch and whine about it now. You should learn to pay attention in the future, and learn to stop these things form happening before they do.

Ironically, a vast majority who defended this Patriot Act in the Bush years, will now find themselves on the receiving end of it. They're the ones demanding their right to have weapons, they're the ones calling for revolution, they're the typical white-American-Patriots unhappy now you have a black president. They'll be the ones held without rights under the Patriot Act the moment they step out of line.

I feel sorry for the kid and his family, but I'll bet any money you like his mom didn't even pay attention to what the Patriot Act meant when it was first brought up, and if she did, she probably supported it.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Existing thread here:
Mom says Patriot Act stripped son of due process

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

top topics

join