It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Emerging Patterns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I have begun to notice a distinct pattern on ATS “Aliens and UFOs”

The pattern is this:

1. There will be a post saying something along the lines of ‘New Evidence’, sometimes in upper case. It will be disappointing and will show something that has already been in the loop, usually a missile being fired at a UFO approaching Earth, which changes course. You know the one. The arguments begin again, exactly as with the earlier thread, with the Devout Members from either side of the fence shouting at each other usually missing the point, and focusing on something irrelevant
  2. Then someone will start a thread with no evidence, although they will make it sound tantalising, like describing a steak & onion sandwich to a starving man.
  3. Followed by a thread about crop circles
  4. Someone will then post a thread about a photograph, which has been so enlarged that they’re looking at everything in pixels or splodges and trying to make out that if you squint with one eye it looks like something else.
  5. A thread with Billy Meier or Stitchin being used as back up
  6. Youtube clip comes next that shows a blob of light, too far away to be identifiable, but will be poured over by people analyzing the frequency of the light, working themselves into a lather as they work through each individual frame, trying to extrapolate and theorise beyond the evidence that is supplied.
  7. Hoax
  8. Object on Mars
  9. Sprinkles of theories that fizzle out as they don’t seem to go anywhere or have no grounds.
  10. The "Call Out" thread. Debunk this!

Then it’s back to the No.1 ‘New Evidence’ thread.
That’s 10 items. Some will slag this off, but if you don’t believe me, use the numbers above and see if you can get past 9. Oh hold on....

11. Someone will complain about the quality of threads

Get past 11?

Who knows, but this could be a conspiracy in itself! Maybe the numbers mean something.

You know, I’m beginning to think that the only conspiracy around here is that I’m posting on a site that is populated by bots.

SUMMARY: Round and round we go. Wheeeeeeeeee!

Yesterday, I gave advice to someone regarding an 80km long superstructure discovered in Greenland, to get away from the computer and go and get some fresh air. I think I’m going to follow my advice and go get some fresh air.

Not Greenland though

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Daisy-Lola

when your right, your right!

I stay away from the negative "proverier than art thou" point topic's.

This point system forces competition and its silly.
Just put out your stuff, and if its not a clear bath tub drain shoy people will give there heart out, others will try to crush hearts...

Classification is a tool of the nazi, but I belive they wilkl soon try to classifiy us here at ATS...

just my feelings...

Semper Fi

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Yep I have noticed this and have commented on other threads before but it does seem to offend other members.

While we are on the subject though, check out this new evidence!!

I saw this from my livingroom the other night.

This alien vessel can go at warpspeed, fire phasers and photon torpedoes! Its like a super steak thats been cooked on a barbie.

Sorry I just couldnt resist after reading your bulletpoint presentation on evidence but is disturbingly accurate as of late.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I agree. I think some people start threads just to have one out there. Maybe they are just trying to accumulate the all powerful ATS point? Whatever it is, it is harmful to serious Ufology research.

-E-

P.S. I just came across the Best NEW UFO evidence ever!!! Even the debunkers can't debunk this one!!! Billy Meier confirmed!!!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ee40603dbde2.jpg[/atsimg]

Sorry had to do it...

[edit on 6-5-2009 by MysterE]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Just my opinion.......

If you are looking for 100% proof from this site, or any other ufo/alien site ur not going to get it!!

Personally speaking you have to filter the evidence yourself and what is 'proof' is relative to the individual. You have to decide!

If someone posts a story with no pic, then it is a story. I can still appreciate that. If you have a pixelated blimp/blob etc..well, maybe that is all you can expect! And If you are a member of ATS and bodge taking the pic then you should know better!

Shall we just all give up then? I certainly wont, maybe ATS should push more for having realistic expectations when you join!

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   

There are threads that get past 11, they don't happen often because it takes a bit of effort to make such a thread.

Have a look at some of the ones internos, ziggystar60, Kandinsky and OzWeatherMan have done.

I'm sure there are others but I just put these guys down from the top of my head.

These alien/UFO threads these guys have done are most definitely 12+

[edit on 6/5/09 by Chadwickus]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I resent that!!!!!! I made a post on Carl Sagan thank you very much. Of course no one discussed it, they where too busy tearing apart the light glinting off of a crop circle.

It's on here somewhere though if you want to read it.

I have to agree, but it doesn't mean I don't enjoy the discussions about useless crap.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Hi,

Well I was going to start a thread about FINAL UNREFUTABLE PROOF of ALIENS based on a blob of light (sorry no photo/video) I once saw (whilst coming back from a pub) that was most probably definitely transporting ancient human shaped artifacts from Mars/Moon/Heathrow and which crashed whilst trying to create crop circles.... as described by Meier however, the military were on the scene before this happened so.... :-)

Seriously, as a relative newbie I find the balance is great - the considered opinions counteract the 'OMG' approach. And as more and more hoaxers find it entertaining to create CGI photos/films I appreciate those who are better trained than I.

Probably a 13th category could be added whereby people are too lazy to first check that a subject has been discussed and possibly, in a bid for 'points' re-post. Find that this wastes a great deal of time.

Peace!

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Couldn't agree more. Is it against the rules to bump up old threads? Anybody else think this is due to the X-Conference? The science and technology section at BBC News was having a couple articles daily about new discoveries in space, and the last few days, nothing...

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I think you're all condescending know it alls that don't realize not all threads are for/about you. Why don't you just presss back? it's easier than starting a thread about it, no?
I'm fairly new to the et side of things, and i don't usually post about them unless it's a "whoa cool" or something that serves only to encourage the sharing of information, so people can say, hey, strangers like what i've done. Self-righteousness is a problem that relatively recently almost cause me to leave ats for good, but then i realized the error of my ways. The fact is you're just sitting around gossipping like women over wine.

I don't pretend to know more or even as much as most on this site, but i know where my intelligence lies. This post is for the easily-maligned...don't give up!!!

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by game over man

I think it has to do wiith the x-conference and the movies that are out/coming out this summer or people could be starting to wake up?!?

top topics

join