It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Swine Flu and all the horror it has brought me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Hello guys,

I seldom post anything because I am mostly a lurker and just
at some of the threads in here while at times I also gather great info from others

The point of my "catchy-yet scary" subject is to try to have some of you posters come in here and read this.

THERE IS NO SWINE FLU horror stories in Mexico as the media portrays it to be..this is just another flu in flu season. Yes some people have died but people die from diseases all the time.
I got an e-mail from my cousin in Mexico City after I inquired about the status of the flu over there and he informed me NONE of our family, NONE of his friends or their relatives, basically NOBODY he knows about has gotten sick.

We alraedy know only 0.000002240002% of the population have gotten sick ( approximate percentage) so stop believing what you see in the news.. Mexicans are living life like they always do EXCEPT for a few restaurants closed, a few movies missed and some soccer matches played in empty stadiums....

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Wow... you are the third new poster to post this alert in the past half hour that nobody is sick in Mexico.

Either nobody is sick OR there is a campaign ongoing to convince people that Mexico is safe again to travel to.

I hope nobody's sick but, to be honest, I'm not taking any chances.

Edit to add: I just saw that you're not a new poster but the other two were.

[edit on 6/5/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by scriptz
Hello guys,

I seldom post anything because I am mostly a lurker and just
at some of the threads in here while at times I also gather great info from others

The point of my "catchy-yet scary" subject is to try to have some of you posters come in here and read this.

THERE IS NO SWINE FLU horror stories in Mexico as the media portrays it to be..this is just another flu in flu season. Yes some people have died but people die from diseases all the time.
I got an e-mail from my cousin in Mexico City after I inquired about the status of the flu over there and he informed me NONE of our family, NONE of his friends or their relatives, basically NOBODY he knows about has gotten sick.

We alraedy know only 0.000002240002% of the population have gotten sick ( approximate percentage) so stop believing what you see in the news.. Mexicans are living life like they always do EXCEPT for a few restaurants closed, a few movies missed and some soccer matches played in empty stadiums....

That appears to be a world population percentage (which, btw, is .00002 percent, you're off by a factor of ten), which is misleading, since we're talking about Mexico here.
The percentage for Mexico is about .0008 percent. Not a significant number, but that doesn't mean nobody has gotten sick, it just means that its not spreading a whole lot... yet. I'll wait until the fall to say that this is a non-issue.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Seeing as people have stated that the Mexicans ARE NOT getting sick with the 'swine' flu then maybe it is another big scare tactic from TPTB to keep us on our toes, after all we all got bored of being scared from terrorists didn't we?.
There have been a couple of cases here in the UK, maybe the 'swine flu' decided to take a foreign holiday seeing as it's been overworked?

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
OOPS,

Double post..

[edit on 6/5/09 by DataWraith]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I think something did happen in mexico, and we see that from how international countries are treating mexicans. It is not as bad as they say it was, and they thought it would be.

But i doubt some of these threads,a s alot of countries are treating mexicans differently at the mo.

But it is cover up time, like we all know.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

The problem is, nobody is scared of the Swine Flu anymore. They were for about a week, then very few people outside of Mexico got sick; that's when they forgot all about it. If this is a ploy by TPTB, then it failed.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

I have no campaign, I posted this because I saw a lot of threads asking for "spanish/mexican" points of view and insight.

I am from mexico city but I live in Illinois... I asked my cousin for an update and that is what he gave me...

that is the point of my thread...

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by LiquidLight

I would have to agree with you.... the ploy failed..

UNLESS..
It was part of the plan ? to distract us for a few weeks?

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by scriptz

It might be just the beginning, the 1918 flu started off quietly then came back as a real killer, with millions dead.
Maybe thats what TPTB are hoping for this time again.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   

I have no campaign, I posted this because I saw a lot of threads asking for "spanish/mexican" points of view and insight.

I am from mexico city but I live in Illinois... I asked my cousin for an update and that is what he gave me...

I must have missed those threads then, sorry. I just found it interesting that these threads all started within an hour of each other. The other posters were new to ATS... looked like disinfo agents (formally or not) to me. You have to admit that this whole thing has been very detrimental to Mexico's economy and therefore would warrant a campaign to the contrary.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Its ok.. I just needed to post my opinion and bring up the topic of how the media focuses on this few cases and alarms us

... but in Mexico my family is not concerned, granted any of us can get sick but we have many diseases to choose from.

I wonder why AIDS and the millions infected by it are not scrutinized and we are informed off a little better instead of this flu and the small percentage that have it

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I know here in Missouri;no one I know is sick; in fact my sister had to go to the hospital for a seperate reason. Oddly enough she was the only patient in the E.R. all morning. I really am begginning to believe that this virus while spreading is spreading at a slower pace than most other viruses. The confirmed cases across the U.S. has stayed pretty much steady at about 6,000 cases for about a week now. If someone has more updated stats please let me know. I think this flu may be on the decaying phase and yes there may be a few more deaths. I still think something is odd about this but I always think there is something odd about a lot of things.

[edit on 20-5-2009 by dreamseeker]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamseeker
I know here in Missouri;no one I know is sick

Well the official numbers are over 10K now around the world, and someone in Missouri has died I'm sorry to report. One of the larger threads on this topic should be able to tell you how many cases there are in your state.

www.kansascity.com...

A 44-year-old St. Louis County man has become the first person in Missouri to die after becoming ill with swine flu.

According to the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, the man traveled last month to Mexico, where the 2009 H1N1 flu virus first emerged. He returned April 27 and became ill a week later.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   

With all due respect, unless your cousin works for the Center for Disease Control in Mexico, I have no idea why you put such great weight on his opinion. I doubt he has been all over Mexico and is in a true position to assess the risk.

Your statistics are wayyyyyy off. You have assumed that everyone who had it was tested for it. Soooo wrong. Even here in North America they are only testing the tiniest percentage of people infected.

Deaths and new infections are still being reported daily in Mexico, and people are starting to die at an alarming rate in the USA, and in case you haven't noticed, all of the deaths are people in an age range that don't normally die from the flu. This one is hitting younger healthier people the worst...ordinary flus hit the very young, old and vulnerable.....did your cousin tell you that?

With all due respect, I'd be looking beyond my Mexican cousin to make sure I was fully informed.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   

I wonder why AIDS and the millions infected by it are not scrutinized and we are informed off a little better instead of this flu and the small percentage that have it

You may want to do some research on AIDS. It is not a flu virus and is not spread nearly as easily as the swine flu, which they have found is about 3 times more contagious than the normal flu. Flu is spread through droplets....you can inhale them in, touch your eyes, mouth ears or nose with them etc. AIDS is not transmitted this way....there is lots of reseach on AIDS out there these days...you may want to read up on it, particlarly if you think it spreads the same way as this flu does.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I wander if he had any underlying health conditions. I am finding harder and harder to find information on the swine flu? Why is that? I heard from local news there are 20 cases in Missouri. I also heard that obesity is considered an underlying health condition now. I am overweight by 20 pounds and also have allergies I wander if this would mean this flu would not be mild in me? I am really confused. I really want some straight forward information.
I am just curious is the government monitering this site? I don't care if they are but I saw a post on someone's signature possibly alluding to the fact. I clicked on the link to go to the huge swine flu post? Can someone explian; maybe the person who posted that what they meant by that signature?

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

I reread the post and it was two seprate posts. One was about internet censoring and the other was just a compilation of the huge thread on the swine flu. It contained the word investigation but that it is reference to the virus itsself and not an investigation of internet web sites. I might have misunderstood.

[edit on 20-5-2009 by dreamseeker]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
the swine flu was a fake government sanctioned "disease" in order to give medical companies more money to get "cures"

new topics

top topics

join