It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why Bush didn't get punished yet?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curious_Agnostic

You sure about that?

President Bush's credibility has come under attack because he [bold]cited [/bold], in his State of the Union address, a British report that Iraq tried to buy uranium from Niger.

www.commondreams.org...

Bolded the important part.
Ok, so maybe it wasn't exactly *his* intelligence department but the british, but it doesn't make a whole lot of a difference.
Besides that lying itself isn't a criminal offence.

@flyersfan:
maybe you should read this before you lecture about democracy:
www.yuricareport.com...

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by debunky
Ok, so maybe it wasn't exactly *his* intelligence department but the british, but it doesn't make a whole lot of a difference.

You left this part out of the quote: "has been challenged by U.S. intelligence officials. "

This means that he only listened to US intelligence when it suited his needs. That's cherry-picking.

Originally posted by debunky
Besides that lying itself isn't a criminal offence.

You may want to take a gander at this:

USC Title 18 Chapter 47 Section 1001

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Thanks very much indeed for detailed explanation. I have read half of the article "56 lies in Fahrenheit 9/11" carefully. For there are no chinese edition, it took me some time. I explored internet resources, and found there are nearly no materials, in chinese letters, rebut the film "Fahrenheit 9/11". That would have created enormous misleaded impression, haven't it? I'm confused when I saw the film and couldn't wait any longer to know the answer, so I post this question, in despite of I knew there are plenty of data can be surveyed in the board. I did get the answer I want to know quickly, Tks again!

I'm delighted to read there is no evidence to prove Bush do like what he is described in the film. It will be horrible if that's true. I sincerely hope America proceed on the right track, because, in nowadays, if America got to the wrong way, the whole world could be drawed into huge catastrophe. We had prosperous times and ignominious times in Chinese history. Maybe most of American people wouldn't notice our lessons learnt from our history, just like most of Chinese people doesn't familiar with American History. Many glorious empires collapsed in history, why? Must be very caution and keep dignity to do decision and make choice now, because no chance like past to spend on collapse and rebuilding circle again as the power of human is different from the past.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by soupain

If it's true, why Bush didn't get punished yet? why he is reelected in 2004 again? That indicates your American people think the view of this film is wrong, isn't it?

What would he be "punished" for?

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by soupain
Thanks very much indeed for detailed explanation. I have read half of the article "56 lies in Fahrenheit 9/11" carefully.... I did get the answer I want to know quickly, Tks again!

You are welcome.

George Bush (43) did a lot of things wrong.
But Michael Moore and F911 do not tell the truth of it.
He's just a propagandist.

I sincerely hope America proceed on the right track,

I'm sorry to say that with the Obama administration, it is not.

Many glorious empires collapsed in history,

Yes. Empires and countries come and go. That's the way of history.
Egypt. Rome. Sparta. England and it's vast Empire. France. USSR.
They have all come and gone from their height of world importance.

China and the USA will also fall in size and world importance.
Probably sooner, rather than later.
The S.W. part of the USA will be lost to Mexico through demographic shift.
Also, with technology, the Chinese citizens wil discover what their gov't has been keeping from them and they will want more freedoms, thus the Chinese gov't will be at a loss of power.
Demographics always shift. Power shifts. It ALWAYS happens.
At the moment, it is shifting back towards the Islamic countries.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Fahrenheit Lie #4

The movie claims that the Bush administration “supported closing veterans hospitals.” o “The Department of Veterans Affairs did propose closing seven hospitals in areas with declining populations where the hospitals were underutilized, and whose veterans could be served by other hospitals” (Dave Kopel, Independence Institute, “Fifty-nine Deceits In Fahrenheit 9/11,” i2i.org... Accessed, 07/11/04)

But Moore’s film fails to mention that the Department also proposed building new hospitals in areas where needs were growing, and also proposed building blind rehabilitation centers and spinal cord injury centers (News Release, Department of Veterans Affairs, www.va.gov, 10/24/03)

[edit on 5/6/2009 by FlyersFan]

If you can show that the hospitals in question were not closed and the proposed hospitals were built then I won't consider your input propaganda like the "communists" use.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

The supposed biggest lie in F911 was the natural gas pipeline across Afganistan.

Is it being built or not?

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
As noted, Fahrenheit 911 isn't the definitive work on the subject.

There are many, many other sources that have better information in a less biased manner.

GWB and his people have a ton of allegations against them, and there is a lot of circumstantial evidence that they are not exactly innocents. However, there seems to be an incredible amount of effort being put into discrediting any of this data or its sources rather than actually addressing the allegations.

Most of the "truthers" are looking not to self-promote any agenda, but are just looking for the truth. Too much doesn't add up for them. The problem for them is that the official stories given are riddled with holes, and don't address the many questions raised - rather they beg more questions. If the questions asked by the 'truthers' were properly answered, most would move on (some wouldn't, but that's life). The problem is that the questions are largely ignored by TPTB. If they have nothing to hide, there's no harm in answering the questions, right?

My 2 cents worth: If the questions were ever answered truthfully, there would definitely be some big changes.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by infinityoreilly

The pipeline that Mr Moore speaks about in his movie, had been shelved by UNOCAL long before 9/11.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join